G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Lease termination question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 10:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lease termination question

Hey guys - Hope someone can help here.

I am a new G35 owner. I signed a lease for a G35 on Saturday and the car had problems where they could not get it started so I would have to wait until tomorrow (Monday) to pick it up. Well, after being at the dealership for 6+ hours on Saturday, I signed the lease for what I thought was a good deal. The finance manager when though the contract very quick and I signed off and really didn't read into all the fine details but as I come to find out the car that I bought has 92 miles already on it, and I never took delivery yet cause of the battery problems it was having. I didn't know it had 92 miles on it becuase the car that I test drove was a dealer model G35. After i drove the model I went thought the lot and picked one that i liked and did the paper work. My question is can I void this lease since it will be under 24 hours old on Monday? I can't seem to find any information on this on the contract at all.

Thanks for any help

Old 09-25-2005, 10:43 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Not sure where you are located but I *think* that in our state you have like 2-3 days to change your mind. I know that some dealerships do that anyway but usually only for another car or something like that. I would check over the contract to find out if there is anything about it starting at delivery or some language to that affect. That could be your loop hole to getting out of this one. Good luck either way and no offense but take it as a lesson learned in signing something that you haven't read. Who gives a sh*t if he wants to go through it fast - tell him you want to read over everything first - it's your @$$ that has to cover it.

Old 09-25-2005, 11:04 PM
Yeah - I should have read the damn contract. This was not my first purchase either so stupid me...... I live in Illinois so I am contacting an attorney tomorrow to find my recourse....if any. Another thing that pisses me off if that now fully reading the contract i found out that they leased my full sticker price of the car with not a dime off. This is an 05 model and this really burns me when the 06 models are coming out at the end of October and the dealer told me that they would do no deals on the 06 models so I woudl be best to buy one now.

Old 09-26-2005, 01:12 AM
damn...

lease on the full msrp price of an 05 with 9/12 months passed. ouch...

were you negotiating on the monthly payments or OTD price with the sales rep?

Old 09-26-2005, 01:37 AM
You really got hosed in the price. I got my 05 3 weeks ago for $2200 below invoice.

Old 09-26-2005, 09:03 AM
You have a 3 day right of recision no matter what state you live in. It's a Federal Law. This is true for any type of loan.

Old 09-26-2005, 09:35 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bats1360
You have a 3 day right of recision no matter what state you live in. It's a Federal Law. This is true for any type of loan.
An attorney will tell you the same thing ^. My sister had to end a lease for similar reasons after 48 hours, it was no problem, the dealer didn't even give her a hard time because they knew about the 3 day thing.

Trending Topics

Old 09-26-2005, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by korn00
Yeah - I should have read the damn contract. This was not my first purchase either so stupid me...... I live in Illinois so I am contacting an attorney tomorrow to find my recourse....if any. Another thing that pisses me off if that now fully reading the contract i found out that they leased my full sticker price of the car with not a dime off. This is an 05 model and this really burns me when the 06 models are coming out at the end of October and the dealer told me that they would do no deals on the 06 models so I woudl be best to buy one now.
Yea I would definitely get that lease voided. Do you mind sharing the details of the lease with us? I leased the 05 Automatic sedan in my Sig for $460 a month for 39 months with zero down in May. Was your payment higher than that? I thought my deal was good but it sounds like mk3gtr got a ridiculous deal on that car! mk3gtr, do you mind sharing the details of your lease? Did you put any money down or trade a car in on it?

Old 09-26-2005, 11:44 AM
IF you didn't take delivery of the car, you don't have to void anything. Tell them you don't want the car and if they want to start the negotiationg over, fine, you'll be on your way to another dealer. Delivery consummates the transaction. Without delivery, there is no transaction.

Old 09-26-2005, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd
Yea I would definitely get that lease voided. Do you mind sharing the details of the lease with us? I leased the 05 Automatic sedan in my Sig for $460 a month for 39 months with zero down in May. Was your payment higher than that? I thought my deal was good but it sounds like mk3gtr got a ridiculous deal on that car! mk3gtr, do you mind sharing the details of your lease? Did you put any money down or trade a car in on it?
It is not a lease. Just a straigt buy.

$27,635+TTL ($30,230 OTD). I put $6K down (no trade in). Financed for 36 months at 1.99% APR. Car had 8 miles on the odometer and all protective material was still on. Talk to David Marsh at Miller Infiniti in Van Nuys, CA if anybody wants to get a G.

Old 09-26-2005, 01:18 PM
It works on my machine
Hey guys - Hope someone can help here.

I am a new G35 owner. I signed a lease for a G35 on Saturday and the car had problems where they could not get it started so I would have to wait until tomorrow (Monday) to pick it up. Well, after being at the dealership for 6+ hours on Saturday, I signed the lease for what I thought was a good deal. The finance manager when though the contract very quick and I signed off and really didn't read into all the fine details but as I come to find out the car that I bought has 92 miles already on it, and I never took delivery yet cause of the battery problems it was having. I didn't know it had 92 miles on it becuase the car that I test drove was a dealer model G35. After i drove the model I went thought the lot and picked one that i liked and did the paper work. My question is can I void this lease since it will be under 24 hours old on Monday? I can't seem to find any information on this on the contract at all.

Thanks for any help
Yes, you do have 3 days, go back today and say kill the deal if you not happy, and tell the finance mgr. to kiss your a$$. BTW - Which dealership did you buy it from? Just curious, I got mine from Lisle.

Old 09-26-2005, 01:55 PM
Wink

Originally Posted by mk3gtr
It is not a lease. Just a straigt buy.

$27,635+TTL ($30,230 OTD). I put $6K down (no trade in). Financed for 36 months at 1.99% APR. Car had 8 miles on the odometer and all protective material was still on. Talk to David Marsh at Miller Infiniti in Van Nuys, CA if anybody wants to get a G.
Did you slap the salesmen around a little before you stole his car? You got a pretty sick deal on your ride! Maybe I should have waited a little before I bought mine? It definitely sounds like the 05s are dirt cheap right now. Edmunds has pricing for the 06s up now.

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/infi...h..0.Infiniti*

Old 09-26-2005, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by MrBig
Yes, you do have 3 days, go back today and say kill the deal if you not happy, and tell the finance mgr. to kiss your a$$. BTW - Which dealership did you buy it from? Just curious, I got mine from Lisle.
I have talked with my lawyer and he told me that the 3 day right to recision does not apply to auto loan or leases. It applys to Home purchases for example. i will talk to the finance manager in a bit and see what is up

Old 09-26-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd
Here are the details:

Value of Vehicle - 37600.00 - Window price was 36,800
Rent charge - 2,289.70
Total Gross capitalized cost - 39,134.00
Monthly payments - 560.88 - 36 months
Residual Value - 21,050.10

Old 09-26-2005, 02:40 PM
Here are the details:

Value of Vehicle - 37600.00 - Window price was 36,800
Rent charge - 2,289.70
Total Gross capitalized cost - 39,134.00
Monthly payments - 560.88 - 36 months
Residual Value - 21,050.10
Also i have 15,000 mile lease

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lease termination question