G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Gordgee's 10 ground wires kit....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 12:34 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Gordgee's 10 ground wires kit....

Hello everyone...

Just so you know I already searched and read the Gordgee's grounding gear thread but I just got some queastions.

Seems like most of the people that had the 10 wire grounding kit installed are the pre 05 G's. I do remembered reading a few 05's that had installed it and was just wondering if the A/T response was slower for the pre 05's vs 05. At manual mode there are lags (from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3). Once you are on 3rd gear going to 4th and 5th, the lag is very minimal. Is that how it is in the pre 05's?

For the ones that had installed the kit, I heard you need to jack up the car for the 9th and 10th wire right? Are those the two most important wires that improve the manual mode? Just want to know if I can get away with just installing the 8 wires under the hood and avoid jacking up the car.

I am no mechanic and wants to know how hard it is to get the kit installed? Does dealers install them? I haven't purchase it nor email Gordgee for a price quote yet but just want to get some info.

Sorry for the long post...

Old 10-06-2005, 12:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have an 05 X and got the 10 wire kit. I installed 7 of the 10 wires very easily, all I have left is the tranny wire which goes from the back of the engine to the tranny under the car. This is what you need to jack the car up for and will help tranny response, along with the other 2 I havent installed yet which are the tranny ecu (TCU) to the ECU ( main computer). and the main ecu ground wire. By doing these 3 wires, that is what the auto cars see the most benefit from.

I am happy though with the change from the 7 so far. I installed those and a Z-tube and K&N at the same time. My highway cruise mileage went from 22 to 24.7 on a 320 mile cruise (way out to place I didnt have mods and got 22, and way back with mods got 24.7 - both times with cruise on 74 mph.

Old 10-06-2005, 01:01 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by stl_ls1gto
I have an 05 X and got the 10 wire kit. I installed 7 of the 10 wires very easily, all I have left is the tranny wire which goes from the back of the engine to the tranny under the car. This is what you need to jack the car up for and will help tranny response, along with the other 2 I havent installed yet which are the tranny ecu (TCU) to the ECU ( main computer). and the main ecu ground wire. By doing these 3 wires, that is what the auto cars see the most benefit from.

I am happy though with the change from the 7 so far. I installed those and a Z-tube and K&N at the same time. My highway cruise mileage went from 22 to 24.7 on a 320 mile cruise (way out to place I didnt have mods and got 22, and way back with mods got 24.7 - both times with cruise on 74 mph.
So the only difference you've seen so far for the 7 wires were better mpg right? No effect on the manuamtic delay?

Did you get them through Gordgee? and how much is it? Also, how long did it take you to install and what kind of tools do you need? Any pictures of it?

Thanks!!!

Old 10-06-2005, 03:18 AM
anyone in socal willing to help me with my last 3 wires??? ive had em for months!!!

Old 10-06-2005, 03:51 AM
im curious, I dont ever use the manumatic, and dont ever really need to since the car is pretty much just a commuter. does the 10-wire kit help the regular auto, or just the manumatic?

Old 10-06-2005, 08:40 AM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
The only wire that requires you to jack up the car is the wire that goes from the rear of the engine to the transmission it'self. This can be a real bear to install. I was actually between the garage floor and the wheel when I installed mine.....very uncomfortable! Having done it once, I think I would have done it differently. Remove the passenger side front wheel first. It would have been much safer and easier to get to. The cool thing about Gordon's set is the wires are cut to a perfect length. When I attached the wire to the rear plenum and fed it down to the tranny, it sat right next to the install point. No guessing about wher to ground it. Gordon's GroundingGear is the best grounding kit availabe for our G35s. Most of the others are Knockoffs of his. Gord deserves your buisness. He spent alot of time researching how to do this "right" on the G35! I first installed the basic seven wire set. The MM shifting was improved, along with a bunch of other stuff. Then Gord upgraded me to the eigh'th wire as part of the "development" process for free. I was one of the initial customers in the research of this. Then I installed wires 9 and 10! Wow, these two wires really helped with the MM shifting.

Old 10-06-2005, 09:38 AM
Cato I live in Sugarland, wanna install the GG for me in a few months? Payment will be a six pack and lunch

Last edited by tomcatm; 10-06-2005 at 09:40 AM.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:37 AM
Right on Cato. Gordon's kit is the best. I'm no mechanic either but the install on my '04 was very easy.

Old 10-06-2005, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by HOO-MAN?
anyone in socal willing to help me with my last 3 wires??? ive had em for months!!!
I'll help if you want to drive out to my place. I'm about two hours away.

Old 10-06-2005, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by mikeee2
Hello everyone...

Just so you know I already searched and read the Gordgee's grounding gear thread but I just got some queastions.

Seems like most of the people that had the 10 wire grounding kit installed are the pre 05 G's. I do remembered reading a few 05's that had installed it and was just wondering if the A/T response was slower for the pre 05's vs 05. At manual mode there are lags (from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3). Once you are on 3rd gear going to 4th and 5th, the lag is very minimal. Is that how it is in the pre 05's?

For the ones that had installed the kit, I heard you need to jack up the car for the 9th and 10th wire right? Are those the two most important wires that improve the manual mode? Just want to know if I can get away with just installing the 8 wires under the hood and avoid jacking up the car.

I am no mechanic and wants to know how hard it is to get the kit installed? Does dealers install them? I haven't purchase it nor email Gordgee for a price quote yet but just want to get some info.

Sorry for the long post...
i pm'd gordgee and he told me it was not too hard to install, he said the last two wire require you to get under the car, but you can find a shop that will do it for you for 20 bucks or so....the instructions are decent and he claims that its not that hard of a job, that even a female can do it....

its going to be my next mod before the winter comes....but my bank account is on a diet right now

Old 10-06-2005, 05:21 PM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tomcatm
Cato I live in Sugarland, wanna install the GG for me in a few months? Payment will be a six pack and lunch
You're on dude! I like Amstel light

Old 10-06-2005, 05:56 PM
I've been looking into this also, on the 05 I'd def like to see the mpg increase let alone better MM shifting. Anyone in ATL here done the 10wire and I also offer a 6pack and lunch and my grattitude lol.

Old 10-06-2005, 06:10 PM
D87
We recently got together in the SF Bay Area and one guy who installed the wires before showed us how to do it by installing them in another G. If you just look at the picture in the instructions you can do it on your own - trust me. It really helped to see the guy do it in person but it really IS simple enough for you to do on your own. I went home and installed the wires myself in about 1/2 hour.

Regarding the 10-wire AT kit: the only tricky ones are the #7 tranny wire because you'll have to get under the car, and the ECU and TCU wires (you'll have to uninstall the glove box to get to that area).

Old 10-06-2005, 06:19 PM
Just wondering since I haven't gotten a service manual yet, what are most of the screws / bolts on the G metric or english? Also coming off a volvo there isn't too many Torx screws are there?

Old 10-06-2005, 06:26 PM
D87
Originally Posted by erikill
Just wondering since I haven't gotten a service manual yet, what are most of the screws / bolts on the G metric or english? Also coming off a volvo there isn't too many Torx screws are there?
No Torx, all regular bolts and nuts.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gordgee's 10 ground wires kit....