G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

My G was broken in to tonight---

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 01:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My G was broken in to tonight---

At about 10 PM a policeman came up and told us my G was broken in to. The neighbor's son had called them because he was leaving and saw his car was burglarized. It was in my driveway, where a motion detector light should have gone on.

The driver's side lock was pried mostly off, all the windows were down, the hood was unlatched and the trunk was open. All the contents of the glove boxes, etc were strewn around and a container of loose change and a few singles may have been stolen. They left the radar detector, CDs and the (useless to them) unopened briefcases in the trunk. They stole the front license plate. The car locks, and the windows go up, but when I turn the car off and open the door they go down. I covered them with plastic to keep the rain out. Replacing the plate is going to be a huge hassle and I'm not supposed to drive it now with the rear plate, since the plate was reported stolen.

They probably were going for the headlights and may be back for them. Why doesn't the alarm go off now? Did they hot wire the door or is it just a mechanism they broke, making it the equivalent of opening the door with a key? I searched the forums, because I thought I read about this, but I couldn't find it. The officer said they emnptied the glove boxes, etc. looking for the valet key. Why would you leave a key inside the car?

It's very distressing and I don't know how to prevent it again (please no avenging responses, please). Would an aftermarket alarm have been disabled too? It is hard to imagine having the nerve to do this in the evening on a busy street. Thanks for listening.

Old 10-10-2005, 01:21 AM
Dude, that sucks major... Try looking into the Viper alarm system... My sister has it on her Rav4... That thing is beastly... You can change the sens to however you want... Usually, when I play bball outside, and if the ball hits even under the car, it goes off... So its really good and its LOUD... So it will scare the hell out of them... Try that out...

I remember reading something about the valet key has some importance to them, but I dont remember what it was...

Also, one way to prevent another incident is to tryin parking in a garage or some closing of some sort... Other than that, im not too sure what can be done...

Sorry for the tragic event, hope all goes well...

Old 10-10-2005, 01:23 AM
sorry to hear it... where in nj?? Did they get your reg or insurance cards? That seems to be the latest trend around here... Using them to get more info on you etc.. Hope they catch the bastards and hang em by their nuts.

Old 10-10-2005, 02:55 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Sorry, to hear about that. Hopefully, that bastard gets caught soon.

Old 10-10-2005, 02:56 AM
Rollin On Dubz
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
THat sucks major @ss bro, worst feeling in the world. Like the other members suggested the only 2 things you can do is park it in a more formidable location like a locked up garage and put an aftermarket alarm like the viper with a pager alert feature that will let you know if your car is being tampered with.

But these things are still deterrants, if a theif is determined enough nothing will stop them. But if these are just your garden variety thugs from New Jersey, pun intended "Garden State", an alarm and or better parked location will just hopefully deter them to move onto an easier target.

Old 10-10-2005, 07:14 AM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dude that sucks, sorryto hear about your misfortune.

Old 10-10-2005, 07:52 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry to hear that man, i have to park outside my house here in florida and i think about it all the time. i know Prestige alarms has the remote that pages you up to a mile away. thats what i am going to get for it, it shows a picture of the car on the key remote and shows what is making the alarm go off, window, door, trunk and so on.

if i was going to steal headlights, this is 2006 now, there are much better headlights to steal.....

it sucks we live in such a f-ed up world...

good luck with everything

Old 10-10-2005, 08:49 AM
Thanks for your support and suggestions. They came back at about 1:45 AM and took the passenger headlight and broke the driver's side light. This time the alarm went off and I heard it while asleep. I saw one man near the car and called the police, but they were gone in a few moments. A neighbor saw the car, but not well enough for a full ID. So now my car needs a lot more work.

They did not take the insurance card and the registration is not in the car. Unfortunately, I don't have a garage to put it in. I thought last night of maybe constructing a metal hood to put the nose under (also it would be in a more out-of-sight place, although they know which hhouse has the car) at night. I'm not a metal fabricator, however.

I had thought of the Viper type alarm before and a couple of days ago again decided I didn't need one. I may change my mind. Any experience with the proximity detector module?

Anybody have experience with Modern Autobody in South Orange (Valley Street near the Pathmark) or with Douglas Autobody (a branch of my dealer) in Summit?

Thanks for your input.

Andy

Last edited by Andy77; 10-10-2005 at 09:25 AM. Reason: I forgot to put in important information!
Old 10-10-2005, 10:32 AM
Man, that sucks big time. These car vultures need a serious beat down.

Old 10-10-2005, 10:39 AM
Damn man that sux, I hope they catch these bastards!!!!

Old 10-10-2005, 10:46 AM
where in nj are you?

Old 10-10-2005, 11:10 AM
I live in Northern NJ, and I know how often cars are stolen/broken into. My town is a fairly nice town but stuff like this still happens now and then..

Good luck with repairing the damage and I hope it doesn't happen to you again

Old 10-10-2005, 11:22 AM
Damn, that sux! I too live in Northern NJ, Jersey City to be exact and I pray every night that nothing happens to my car. Although it's parked inside a garage, I still worry about it. On top of that, I have an old fashion garage door where it has two doors that swing in and one of the door came off, which means I only have half of the opening close. Almost as bad as just parking it outside since anyone can just walk in the garage.

Old 10-10-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by MISTIKMACK
Although it's parked inside a garage, I still worry about it.
lol, you could set up booby traps and stuff like that so if some a-hole enters your garage to tamper with it, he gets wtfpwnd in some way..

Old 10-10-2005, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dang, I am truly sorry to hear about your situation. Man, I hope you are able to better protect your G after she gets redressed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My G was broken in to tonight---