G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

i got a new respect to sedan owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 02:55 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by trey's wife
I don't really think any of us has anything to prove. I think most of us are a little beyond that.

I have no idea what his time was - I was commenting simply on the time involved in learning to launch it. By his own statement compared to what you said his was longer. There isn't anything to it either way, I was just somewhat shocked. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.
Of course you are entitled to your own opinion. I was not dissing you by stating your time, just letting him know he should take no offense to his time in learning to launch his car. I am not trying to put you down or anything, I just am not sensitive to people whether male or female, everyones equal right!

Old 10-14-2005, 10:01 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok. After being called out by my husband for my comment (which is pretty bad since he *rarely* says anything) - I must make my apologies for a nasty comment. I like to pick a little sometimes and as several of us on this board - I sometimes go a little far. Klubb and I have exchanged PM's and I have (hopefully) cleared things up a little. I want to say on public record that I realize my comments were a little too much. No hard feelings that I am aware of and life goes on normal.

Old 10-14-2005, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by Klubbheads
Well I think i Can pull on your auto with all those mods at any speed.
Im completely stock and dynoed 262 at wheels.
So looks can be decieving.
Wow 262whp stock on sedan and lighter than coupe. If I know, I probably wont go for a 6mt coupe. It is a matter of principal to 6mt and I really want a coupe; but you guys are right about the response on auto is faster than 6mt.

Old 11-18-2005, 01:20 AM
I've owned an '04 6mt sedan and now own an '04 6mt coupe. Are you seriously going to talk about the difference in weight when it's about a 12 lb difference in the 2005's (both 6mt's)...you can offset that by the weight of the driver. I am not biased to either car...I think they're both nice cars. I would disagree with the responsiveness of the auto vs. 6mt though. Say what you will, I've driven both and the 6mt is much more responsive.

Since I haven't raced either vehicle, I can only go by the specs given by reviews of the sedan and coupe. They're basically the same car, but in 04 there was a definite difference in power...coupe wins. Now that the same power is in both sedan and coupe, I would imagine that there is very little difference. Maybe I haven't been on the forum long enough, but this is the first time I've seen any G bashing by G owners towards the other G model (sedans bashing the coupes).

My opinion, coupe better looking, sounds better and brakes good for track days...other than that, cars are very much a like...and I can see myself going back to the sedan at a later date.

Old 11-18-2005, 01:29 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
Wow, another I'm faster than you thread, and I can shift better than you...
Who cares--The question is why are you running triple digits on a public Highway? Go to a track--nuff said.

Old 11-18-2005, 01:49 AM
Just to keep adding...

In my area, it seems G35 Sedan and G35 Coupe Drivers mutually respect each other... 350z drivers on the other hand... are stupid. (lol... just the ones I encounter... in my G35 Sedan).

Old 11-18-2005, 04:38 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Ok here it is my race with the coupe with my OEM 19s on.
And trust me my car is faster now without them. look at the time at the end with similar drivers. He (coupe) got a better launch and we stayed even the whole track, No one pulled an inch. BTW he was 30-something year old guy and I'm 19 with 6 month stick experiance back then.

http://s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...90V1B22VRJTZ0F
0.06 difference.
It all depends ON THE DRIVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-18-2005, 12:15 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^
like i said its a drivers race
even when its AT vs MT

Old 11-18-2005, 01:01 PM
This is something I'm not really sure of...So I guess it's a question.... But, is the gearing the same on the sedans and the coupe?

f

Old 11-18-2005, 01:06 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by filipm
This is something I'm not really sure of...So I guess it's a question.... But, is the gearing the same on the sedans and the coupe?

f
If I am not mistaken, the transmission is the same on both cars meaning equal gear ratios.

Old 11-18-2005, 01:35 PM
Sedans deserve the respect, personally I like the coupe better (mid life crisis) but they are just as fast or faster with the right driver. Just because they have 2 more doors doesn't discount the fact that they have the same drive train and a little less weight. I have ragged Trey by calling him 4 door boy as long as I've known him but he has ran better times than I have. Moral to the story...don't dis the 4 doors and don't drive so fast on public roads

Old 11-18-2005, 02:04 PM
your vid proves to me it's a drivers race.......sedan and coupe going mono-a-mono.....no other variables to argue like track a is better prepped than track b, etc.... your 19s will not help with acceleration.....I had the coupe 18s, now the Z track wheesls....wow, what a weight reduction and in unsprung weight/less rotational inertia(sounds like i'm talking out of my @ss)...
sidenote: my four door Z= Z track 18", z mid-pipe, 05 Z suspension
thinking of changing my plates to: MY4DORZ

anyway, a sedan hanging with a coupe like that, respect

Originally Posted by Klubbheads
Ok here it is my race with the coupe with my OEM 19s on.
And trust me my car is faster now without them. look at the time at the end with similar drivers. He (coupe) got a better launch and we stayed even the whole track, No one pulled an inch. BTW he was 30-something year old guy and I'm 19 with 6 month stick experiance back then.

http://s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...90V1B22VRJTZ0F
0.06 difference.
It all depends ON THE DRIVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-18-2005, 02:08 PM
Banned
we should start a thread in the coupe forum
about how we have found a respect for coupe owners

i wonder how coupe owners would take the news

Old 11-18-2005, 04:30 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by LuXXXz
^^^
like i said its a drivers race
even when its AT vs MT
Did i say his was 04 6MT coupe/?????

Old 11-18-2005, 04:36 PM
Banned
i didnt actually see the video, because im at work
but is urs auto??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: i got a new respect to sedan owners