G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

suspension creeks at low speeds...source?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 01:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My car made a similar sound after having my springs installed. They would make a sound as I would back out of my garage in the morning. After about a month the sound stopped. None on bumps either.

Old 11-04-2005, 03:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've had this infernal "creaking" problem for over a year now!! My dealer also reports, "cannot replicate."

Symptoms are just as described here: low speed, front end, both L & R, crunching, creaking sound, occurs mostly over undulating surfaces, driveway aprons, speed humps (but not all of them),

If ANYONE has successfully had the problem repaired, please report exactly what your dealer did, and I would love to get a copy of your repair order to wave in the face of my dealer. They cannot, apparantly, do a repair unless there is an identified cause - i.e. they can't just start replacing parts trial & error-like.

Old 11-05-2005, 12:29 AM
PDT
Originally Posted by Noremac
I've had this infernal "creaking" problem for over a year now!! My dealer also reports, "cannot replicate."

Symptoms are just as described here: low speed, front end, both L & R, crunching, creaking sound, occurs mostly over undulating surfaces, driveway aprons, speed humps (but not all of them),

If ANYONE has successfully had the problem repaired, please report exactly what your dealer did, and I would love to get a copy of your repair order to wave in the face of my dealer. They cannot, apparantly, do a repair unless there is an identified cause - i.e. they can't just start replacing parts trial & error-like.
PM me your email address and I'll send you a copy of my service record

Old 11-05-2005, 12:32 AM
i had that. it was time to lube my sways.

Old 11-09-2005, 06:22 PM
Okay, another follow up to my original post here. I brought the car back & they spent the entire day working on it (primarily trying to resolve the ticking rattle in door). The suspension creek was not my mis-aligned hood (no surprise), but rather that both front compression rods were worn out, as well as both rear stabilizer links/connecting rods. These were replaced and the suspension creeks are gone. While the window ticking noise is slightly better, it is still there.
Regretably I must conclude that there is no way I want to own this car "post-warrantee". At 24,000 miles I've somehow worn out suspension parts, worn out original tires, just about worn out original brakes...and I only occassionally drive aggressively & have no mods. Presumably, the rattles are not going to improve with age.

Old 11-11-2005, 12:34 AM
i have an 05x with about 11k on it. i have this front end creek as well. its at the dealer right now. i hope they fix it cause its a shame that my 87 olds didnt make this much noise. i also had the squeaks and rattles tsb done as well as the rear window tsb. i had a 98 maxima as well that didnt have this many interior noises. The car drives great. i think it has the best blend of quickness,handling, and value. but these rattles and suspension creeks should not happen in a car over 30k dollars. So i find out tomorrow if it is corrected..im going ot be so pissed if i get in my car drive home and have to turn around becasue its not corrected

Old 11-11-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by FrizzleFry
the window seals could be the culprit. keep them lubed. door seals as well. the ticking/creaking sound is sometimes caused by this. i have a problem w/ my rear passneger window where the tint kind of "sticks" to the seals. just needs to be kept lubed.
I am not familiar with doing stuff to the car, so what part would be lubed? and what lube to use? and also how would I do it, some steps would be wonderful...

I had the same creeks in the front, took it to the dealer 3-4 times, could never reproduce it, but one day I did and they fixed it, but it came back again after 6months..infiniti is useless..i love the car for the way it drives and some interior features, but other than that the mechanical quality fo the ******* car is patethic..the dealer told me its the quietest G he has every heard..which sort of makes me feel good,but also makes me mad at infiniti to make such an inferior product..they should be doing their test on chicago roads man...or new york roads...the product needs to be sound proof when you pay 40k for car...

anyhow i am going to ask my dealer to pull up the records and see what he did, take a copy and post it here, but too bad it will keep coming back..and once its out of warranty i am not going to waste much time to get rid of this car...i am sick of these issues...i want the pleasure of the drive it provides, but its too much infiniti is asking for in return with the problems and then not extending warranty on stuff like this?

Until when would i be able to get all these fixed? is it only covered up until 4 yrs? if so , I am screwed..i am going to go mad..

Last edited by Crazi4Speed; 11-11-2005 at 10:51 AM.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:51 AM
yes, it is compression rod. They replaced it for me and it stoped.

Old 11-13-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by davemac
Following up on this post, I left the car with the dealer yesterday. Apparently the "creek" (which clearly comes from both the front and rear suspension) was diagnosed as to the hood being misaligned...which they realigned?? Also, I was told, that the tech spent 4+ hours on my irritating driver door rattle, and finally added some foam to the door panel (I told them, and put in writing, that the noise is originating within the window channel..probably the window regulator....I've already spent my own 4+ hours weatherstripping the door panel which did nothing).
Well I picked the car up after service hours, and was almost afraid to drive it...as expected, both noises as bad as ever.
Insult to injury, I had asked to have them peak to see if brakes were now worn enough for replacing (24k miles). They indicated them to be 80% worn and will do them at the next oil change... then charged $45 for looking at them!
I understand your frustration. I've almost given up taking cars to dealerships to fix creaks and rattles. I took my 04 G35X in because the driver's seat was creaking (rocking) and when I picked it up they told me they couldn't replicate the noise. So, I started rocking the seat while sitting in their driveway. "Oh, that noise, we can fix that with a new seat bracket." Duhh! "Just make another service appointment so it can be replaced." Thanks a lot!

IMPORTANT PART OF POST...it's outrageous that you were charged for a brake inspection. Are your brakes still covered under warranty? If yes, then it is totally inappropriate to charge for a warranty "inspection". If no, then I would take my car elsewhere for brake service. They don't deserve your business. I would insist that they either offer a refund or credit the $45 towards any future service work. If it were my car and wallet, I'd be looking for a mechanic that cared more about earning my long time loyalty and referrals. Not shaking me down with nickel and dime charges.

BTW Within the past week or so I've noticed that creaking when going over speed bumps. But I only hear it coming from the right front side. There's really only one place I drive where I notice the sound so I'm not going to be taking it to an Infiniti dealership.

Old 11-13-2005, 08:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
LuXXXz & jerdubois.....I have the same creaking/rattle noise coming from MY passenger side lower windshield too....very annoying. Car was in last fall a few times to get it fixed....I think they said it was the "cowl". They temporarily fixed it...but it's back! I too am a victim of the rear window seal noise. They fixed that too by replacing the seal...and guess what....that's back too! Can't believe a 30K plus car needs parts to be lubed (door seal) so that it doesn't make noises??!! WTF?! My quick fix for it is to put the window all the way up, and then just tap the window down button, so it slightly recedes from the seal...no noise whatsoever now (both creaking and highway/wind noise), and no water/rain issues either. Lastly...I just fixed my latest, most annoying noise of all....a creaking noise (metal on metal). Found the fix in a TSB. I had to take out the rear seat bottom and then unbolt center armrest and both rear seat backs (reclining rears). There's a diagonal cross-brace behind each rear seat...sure enough, ALL of the bolts on each one were loose! Probably took me 8-10 ratchet turns each to get them snug. Sure enough, this was the fix. Wonder when my next new creak will arrive (I'd put $ on it that there's more to come).

Old 11-14-2005, 11:08 AM
that money you'd have is the money left over from nissan cutting corners. it is a 30k car. but look what you get... an affordable, reliable, performance sedan or coupe. the rattles are indeed annoying, and sometimes downright embarassing, but it's not as embarassing as my neighbor who constantly asks me for a ride to the bmw dealership to turn his in because he's got 'issues'. everytime i turn mine in, it's to take care of rattling this and that. not - it doesn't start sometimes, or, it overheats when i'm sitting at taco bell drive through, etc...

Old 11-14-2005, 11:29 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
it's your rear axles...there's a TSB on it and they'll fix you up.

Old 11-15-2005, 10:29 AM
So i got my 05x back the other day and the suspension creeks in the front end are still there. they said they re-greased the bushings and nothing needed to be replaced. two days later same problem again. and the 2005 squeaks and rattles tsb was performed..my shifter noise is still there too. i never expected the car to be whisper quiet because thats just not realistic but i dont think everytime i break or accellerate should my shifter be making an annoying clicking noise. And my suspension shouldnt be makin noise every time i pull into my drive way or go over a speed bump. I have to call infiniti up today and make another appointment. Hopefully they'll get it right the second time.

Old 11-15-2005, 11:18 AM
uh oh. not again... another dissatisfied infiniti customer? no way!!! infiniti service depts are awesome... (sarcasm implied).

Old 11-15-2005, 01:30 PM
Ha Ha.. Well I'm happy with the fact that when i go in they are nice to me. But id much rather them treat me like an a$$hole and fix the problem the first time. I like it how they can take all your money to inspect things and never change anything, but when u need somethign fixed, they cant do it. Well boo hoo for me. haha..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: suspension creeks at low speeds...source?