G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

suspension creeks at low speeds...source?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 01:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm there with you buddy... just remember, door-to-door salesman are nice too, and you don't have to spend 30k either. it just seems there is no standard. its just a hit or miss. but it all comes down to money, not customer satisfaction. good luck.

Old 11-15-2005, 09:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are so many complaints about this creaking noise that it seems to me that we are dealing with a design defect. That does not explain why few people got a fix by replacing the compression rods but it’s hard to have so many cars with 5K miles or less make this noise due to worn out part. I tried myself a new 2005 with about 55 miles on and I was able to reproduce the noise. Another piece of the puzzle: does it happen in sedans or coupes make the same noise? What about the 350Z? I think we need a survey.

Old 11-15-2005, 11:11 PM
hey jasperg35 i used to be a door to door salesperson..hahahahaha...its sad but true. i actually did well but i felt like ***** loman. i didnt like that so i quit.haha. Yeah i forgot to call infiniti today. im doing it tomorrow. i also agree that this seems to be a defect in design. Something should be done about it. its embarrassing.

Old 11-17-2005, 01:55 PM
PDT
FYI, If you are getting similar creeks from your rear end, it's the Stabilizer Connecting Rods. Just had mine replace last week.

Old 11-17-2005, 10:03 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by PDT
FYI, If you are getting similar creeks from your rear end, it's the Stabilizer Connecting Rods. Just had mine replace last week.
Does anyone know the difference in "connecting rods" and "end links"?

Old 11-21-2005, 12:56 AM
ok i have an appt on the 28th to get these damn suspension creeks looked at again. they are getting really bad. this noise is completely ridiculous. every time i turn or hit a bump i hear it. i dont think the grease they used did much. im really curious as to what is causing this

Old 11-21-2005, 11:54 PM
I have had this problem looked at 5 times and they are fixed it once 6 months ago and its back...
loud as hell..but apparently whenever I fix an appointment, the conditions change a little and I am not able to replicate it in front of the technician and thats it..spoilt day..they come back saying everything is normal and we are good..

This time I am going to straight up tell them to change the Stabilizer Connecting Rods and compression roads for the rear and front noises, but what are these 2 elements and what do they do? Info would be helpful in arguing with them..

Old 11-22-2005, 08:47 AM
THis discussion has been helpful for my upcoming trip to the dealer. I am beginning to think these cars are going to be a bit more of a maint. chore than I was hoping for as a long term buyer. Wondering what this stuff will cost when there is no more warranty??

Old 11-22-2005, 12:00 PM
if you have to ask... trade it in.

Old 11-22-2005, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by jasperg35
if you have to ask... trade it in.
thats a pretty stupid answer..have you owned a car out of warranty ever..just because you can own a G35 dont mean squot..every tom dick and harry owns one..after warranty work is big ****..when you start getting slapped with it..

Old 11-22-2005, 10:01 PM
I just had mine fixed last week. 2005 G35x. What they did was remove the back seats and there were some loose bolts under the seats and behind the seats. They took out the bolts sealed around them, re-threaded the holes, and replaced the bolts with new ones. **Please note, this is what they told me they did, I am just going from what I was told, they worked on my car for the entire day to find the problem.

Old 11-28-2005, 12:38 PM
Ok i just picked my car up for the creeks in the front end. They said they lubricated it again. i told them thats what they did 1000 miles ago and it is still there. This def sounds like something needs to be replaced. I just brought it home and what do i hear as i pull into my driveway the same noise. This is really annoying. I plan on calling them in about a half hour to tell them that its not fixed again. Has anyone had this problem actually resolved and what was done.

Old 11-28-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by Crazi4Speed
thats a pretty stupid answer..have you owned a car out of warranty ever..just because you can own a G35 dont mean squot..every tom dick and harry owns one..after warranty work is big ****..when you start getting slapped with it..
whoa big fella... all in good fun. nobody quite knows what the post warranty maintenance on this is like, being as it's only been out 4 years, and comes with a 4 year warranty.

to answer your question (although i doubt you were actually curious, it sounded more like you were trying to talk down to me), yes, i've owned cars out of warranty. it is not a big feat to own a car like this... it is not that expensive. i agree.

my comment was geared more towards the whole,'if you're really worried about maintenance, get a new vehicle and avoid the headache, because sometimes it's not really worth it' scenario.

i didn't think i had to spell it out. i thought my brilliantly placed emoticon told the rest of the story.

Old 11-28-2005, 02:04 PM
PDT
Originally Posted by themax98
Ok i just picked my car up for the creeks in the front end. They said they lubricated it again. i told them thats what they did 1000 miles ago and it is still there. This def sounds like something needs to be replaced. I just brought it home and what do i hear as i pull into my driveway the same noise. This is really annoying. I plan on calling them in about a half hour to tell them that its not fixed again. Has anyone had this problem actually resolved and what was done.
Like I said before, I had my compression rods changed in the front and the creeking is gone.

Old 11-28-2005, 05:10 PM
creaks on 2005 x

As soon as it got cold, I noticed noises in the rear until the car really warmed up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: suspension creeks at low speeds...source?