G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Stillen SC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 04:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stillen SC

has anyone put the Stage 2 on the sedan? I did a search but only came up with people talking about it and couldn't figure out if anyone had pulled the trigger on it? TIA

Old 11-03-2005, 05:21 PM
Check out the FI forum, you should find what you are looking for.

Old 11-03-2005, 06:19 PM
Modded Member
Originally Posted by wanalaugh74
has anyone put the Stage 2 on the sedan? I did a search but only came up with people talking about it and couldn't figure out if anyone had pulled the trigger on it? TIA
A couple members have put the Stillen SC on their sedans.

The only one I can remember off the top of my head is sukhi.

Old 11-03-2005, 06:48 PM
Yep. I had the stillen stage 2 on my car for about 2-3 days. Since then its been stage 3. What would you like to know?

I surprised the **** out of a late model M3 when we ran from a stoplight this morning. I had over a car on him by 70.

Old 11-03-2005, 07:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
go vortech

Old 11-03-2005, 07:54 PM
Modded Member
^ What an insightful post. Why do you suggest the Vortech?

Old 11-03-2005, 08:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sukhi
Yep. I had the stillen stage 2 on my car for about 2-3 days. Since then its been stage 3. What would you like to know?

I surprised the **** out of a late model M3 when we ran from a stoplight this morning. I had over a car on him by 70.
LOL, I love it!! I can see the guy's face.

How is it running now? I know you had a couple of glitches.

Old 11-03-2005, 09:43 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by vodkarocket
^ What an insightful post. Why do you suggest the Vortech?
Because it out preforms Greddy TT's (In 350z's at least)

Old 11-03-2005, 10:09 PM

I guess the biggest thing is what else do i need besides the SC? i have read about having stock internals and it being fine but others actually upgrading different components? Is it your daily driver?

Did you need a new hood? If so, whered u get it? Sorry for being such a noobie but when i read the FI section, i dont really get all the car jargon. I know theres more questions but I guess this is a good starting point.

WOuld PM be better?

Old 11-03-2005, 11:25 PM
Modded Member
Originally Posted by Jtrain
Because it out preforms Greddy TT's (In 350z's at least)
Take a look at the shootout with the Stillen, Vortech, Greddy, and JWT and see which has the best 0-60, and which offers the best performance around town.

I agree that Vortech would help you attain a better quarter mile time, but in terms of overall performanceand drivability, IMHO Stillen is the superior choice.

To the original poster- what are you looking to get out of your FI system?

Old 11-03-2005, 11:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought a midpipe off of Sukhi yesterday and he took me for a ride in his car. As a daily driver that thing is bad ***. Instant boost off the line, and the boost really gave it a nice smooth linear climb in power. One of the best things was that when he wasn't on the gas the car rode just like stock. If I was ballin like Sukhi I'd get that kit in a heartbeat.

In terms of extras you would need to get, he mentioned that he had to get larger fuel injectors and the stillen hood, which looked sick too. I "think" he said everything else came with the kit.

Old 11-04-2005, 10:20 AM

To the original poster- what are you looking to get out of your FI system?
I want something that will not break the bank. I know these kits are expensive but I dont want to have to buy a $5k kit and then have to upgrade another $10K to make it stable and reliable.

As far as performance, I want a bigger boost off the line. Some thing to make me sink a lil more in my seat at WOT. Hope this made sense.

Old 11-04-2005, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by bert039

In terms of extras you would need to get, he mentioned that he had to get larger fuel injectors and the stillen hood, which looked sick too. I "think" he said everything else came with the kit.
I have read about the hood that is needed but will I need a forn tbumper too? I have the Aero bumper already.

Do you also have to upgrade to a real exhaust? I only have the coupe mid pipe and was going to order (probably) the HKS rear section.

Old 11-04-2005, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by chico
LOL, I love it!! I can see the guy's face.

How is it running now? I know you had a couple of glitches.
Right now it is running great. I've already put on about 6k miles on the kit. In the beginning I had some problems. The kit had two parts that were defective and those were replaced by Stillen. The last problem was that my stock fuel pump was not strong enough so I swapped to walbro 190lph. Since then its been good. Some belt noise occasionally, tightening it resolves it for the most part.

Originally Posted by bert039
I bought a midpipe off of Sukhi yesterday and he took me for a ride in his car. As a daily driver that thing is bad ***. Instant boost off the line, and the boost really gave it a nice smooth linear climb in power. One of the best things was that when he wasn't on the gas the car rode just like stock. If I was ballin like Sukhi I'd get that kit in a heartbeat.

Yea it was a fun ride I'm going to need to stop doing burnouts like that, my tires are going to be toast before I know it. I didn't need to get new fuel injectors, i did need a larger fuel pump. The Hood comes with the kit. BTW, i'm sure you will love the midpipe.

I agree that Vortech would help you attain a better quarter mile time, but in terms of overall performanceand drivability, IMHO Stillen is the superior choice.
I agree with Vodkarocket. I think for those who are looking for daily drivers, you should at least give the stillen kit a look. This kit deserves more credit that what many people on the board give it. I have been in both APS TT cars and Vortech cars. I am happy with the Stillen in comparision to the Vortech, especially in a 5at. The vortech did not have that push me back in my seat until after 4-5krpms and it made noises that I didn't want in my 30K+ sedan. The APS, well If I was ballin like bert says I would have bought that instead.

Originally Posted by wanalaugh74
I guess the biggest thing is what else do i need besides the SC? i have read about having stock internals and it being fine but others actually upgrading different components? Is it your daily driver?

Did you need a new hood? If so, whered u get it? Sorry for being such a noobie but when i read the FI section, i dont really get all the car jargon. I know theres more questions but I guess this is a good starting point.
You do not need to purchase anything extra at all. I would suggest that you get a Tranny cooler if you have an automatic. The valve body, well I would not recommend the stillen one. I don't know how much better the SGP one is but from what Gurgen reports, its awesome. You can keep the stock intake and exhaust. You may or may not need a bigger fuel pump. I think mine was bad to begin with, just get a dyno run in after the install and check your A/F ratios before you go changing stuff.
If you are a total newbie to this stuff I would say proceed with caution. It can cause you major headaches when things don't go as you expect them to. Having a second car helps when you can't drive this one. If you want more power but do not want to give up any reliability you should consider selling this car and buying one that comes with ***** from the factory. A used M5, M3, E55, Vette, 911 or something of the like. Cause after you dial your car in you will have over 10k into it minimum. You will need fat tires to hold the power and a better suspension setup.. Our stock brakes are pretty good, but they can be improved. Good luck.

Here are a few shots of the hood and the SC on my car.

Attached Thumbnails Stillen SC-3b3c.jpg   Stillen SC-26a4.jpg   Stillen SC-eeff.jpg   Stillen SC-973f.jpg   Stillen SC-410e.jpg  

Old 11-04-2005, 06:33 PM
Right now it is running great. I've already put on about 6k miles on the kit. In the beginning I had some problems. The kit had two parts that were defective and those were replaced by Stillen. The last problem was that my stock fuel pump was not strong enough so I swapped to walbro 190lph. Since then its been good. Some belt noise occasionally, tightening it resolves it for the most part.

You do not need to purchase anything extra at all. I would suggest that you get a Tranny cooler if you have an automatic. The valve body, well I would not recommend the stillen one. I don't know how much better the SGP one is but from what Gurgen reports, its awesome. You can keep the stock intake and exhaust. You may or may not need a bigger fuel pump. I think mine was bad to begin with, just get a dyno run in after the install and check your A/F ratios before you go changing stuff.
If you are a total newbie to this stuff I would say proceed with caution. It can cause you major headaches when things don't go as you expect them to. Having a second car helps when you can't drive this one. If you want more power but do not want to give up any reliability you should consider selling this car and buying one that comes with ***** from the factory. A used M5, M3, E55, Vette, 911 or something of the like. Cause after you dial your car in you will have over 10k into it minimum. You will need fat tires to hold the power and a better suspension setup.. Our stock brakes are pretty good, but they can be improved. Good luck.

Here are a few shots of the hood and the SC on my car.

Wow Thanks!! Thanks for the no-nonsense answers and keeping it simple. I do have a few more questions.

Do you have the intercooler? Will that fit behind the Aero bumper?

When you say better suspension, do you mean coilvers? I have the tokicos and Tein springs.

After the car is dialed in and you are happy with the output, no noises, etc.. is it just regular car maintenace? Oil changes, tune ups, etcs?

I have thought about getting another car that already has the internals that has the sink-in-your-seat stock, but what fun would that be? Everyone would already know what I'm coming with. I think the Stillen is close to enough to "sleeper" without being too flashy.

Oh btw.. Love your ride.. cleeeennn. And i dont know why people dont like the hood. it looks nice to me. Thanks again...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stillen SC