G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Sedan Sirius Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 03:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Sedan Sirius Install

Sedan Sirius Install-g35-forum.jpg

Adhesive zip tie holders and zip ties purchased at Radio Shack. Zip ties ran thru existing sheet metal holes. Reciever protected by adhesive rubber pad, supplied with factory kit. Dual sided, I only applied it to the reciever. Wire harness secured with adhesive zip tie holder and zip tie. Ground was only hole drilled. I used a Sirius Sportster antenna, which is incrediably small, and connected its 90 degree connection to factory antenna wire. I did this by removing the child seat restraint cap (behind the driver; left cap if looking at the rear window), removed the bolt, and found another pre drilled hole to run wire down. I sat the wire on the interior trunk lid. After that, per directions of the manufacturer of the antenna, I coiled the wire together as if it was straight out of the box; in approx. 6 1/2" folds and zip tied the antenna wire behind the grouping of multiple wires. (Red dot to red dot). Thats pretty much it. Alot easier and I think better protected than the factory directions. My car does not have the Bose package, so this may not work in all applications.

Rob

Old 11-14-2005, 10:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice.
I did my sirius on Friday. Def does not work with bose, no room on the shelf and theres a seperate fm tuner unit thats mounted where yours is.
I mounted where factory recommended it and theres a noticeable bulge into the trunk. (Near where you drilled yer ground screw)
The actual install is rediculously easy, for me getting all the trunk panels off was a b1atch.

Got my kit from everythingg35, included the antenna. If yer wondering what the price difference between the sedan and coupe is, sedan includes a harness extension which makes mounting easier and gives you more flexibility where you mount. I guess it can be done w/o it.

On the sedans with reclining seats, antenna can get run thru directly through those flaps, if you look theres an existing path thru there. (no need to go thru child latches)

I just took a long trip this weekend, and i did notice reception kind of spotty with the antenna on the rear shelf like that.(cuts out when im going under overpasses) Im thinking of mounting on the roof after all. Anyone who has roof mounted, does yer radio cut out when going under overpasses? I know its line of sight but im thinking the 360 visibility should help that?

K

Last edited by kki000; 11-14-2005 at 10:30 AM. Reason: typo