G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Trunk Mat Saga - need some assistance please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 05:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trunk Mat Saga - need some assistance please

Hi all, been lurking for about a year but now finally have a reason to post!

First, thanks to all that have offered good insight on our rides, it's been a good read and it's good to see the community building. I came from the VW crowd which is pretty tough to compare to, bad or good :P

To the saga, I'll keep it short. I brought my car in to have some body work done because of a rear-ender and when I got it back my trunk mat was gone! The mat I had in there was on top of the liner and on top of the mat with the g35 logo, the mat they took seemed thicker and had an Infiniti symbol where the G35 logo is.

Here is the question... The shop nor the dealer can locate a part # to replace this mat. Anyone have a part # for this or ever had this happen to them?

It's a stupid thing to get upset about but I know I had this mat in there because the dealer snuck in the charge on me... so I was stuck with an expensive mat, but now it's gone nobody can seem to find it.

Any help is most appreciated.

2004 6MT, Stillen sways, missing trunk mat.

Old 11-14-2005, 06:00 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try Grubbsinfiniti.com...or try calling another dealer for the part #

Old 11-14-2005, 06:42 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
everythingg35.com has a JDM "skyline" trunk mat if you wanna take a look at that.

Old 11-14-2005, 08:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jesusismypilot
Hi all, been lurking for about a year but now finally have a reason to post!

First, thanks to all that have offered good insight on our rides, it's been a good read and it's good to see the community building. I came from the VW crowd which is pretty tough to compare to, bad or good :P

To the saga, I'll keep it short. I brought my car in to have some body work done because of a rear-ender and when I got it back my trunk mat was gone! The mat I had in there was on top of the liner and on top of the mat with the g35 logo, the mat they took seemed thicker and had an Infiniti symbol where the G35 logo is.

Here is the question... The shop nor the dealer can locate a part # to replace this mat. Anyone have a part # for this or ever had this happen to them?

It's a stupid thing to get upset about but I know I had this mat in there because the dealer snuck in the charge on me... so I was stuck with an expensive mat, but now it's gone nobody can seem to find it.

Any help is most appreciated.

2004 6MT, Stillen sways, missing trunk mat.
My '05 came with the trunk mat, and it just has the Infiniti logo on it, no G35 like my '04 had, so obviously they changed the design slightly, I'm betting one with G35 is nowhere to be found!

Old 11-15-2005, 04:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys, this has been helpful. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be anyone that I have called that seems to know the part # for a trunk mat with an infiniti logo... I guess I'll just have them buy me an 05 mat.