G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Took the G to the dealer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 03:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beat the crap out of it.. its a loaner!!!

Old 12-01-2005, 03:01 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by some.devil
jesus don't be so picky. at least you got a G, soem ppl here get cavaliers
Yeh, some aren't as lucky as you.
C.

Old 12-01-2005, 03:07 PM
I got an '01 Camry for a loaner, and wow those cars suck. Maybe they gave it to me so I would realize how great my G coupe is....

Old 12-01-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by steviep_g35
Wow! Perry, thank you. The first adult response yet.

Just to give you an idea, my local dealership is the only one in northeast Florida, so I'd imagine they are pretty high volume. And you are correct in replying that 1 of two things could be going on here. Unfortuantely, I have an inkling it's the first. I've mentioned in other posts that my experience with the staff of the local dealership has been much less than average. And I'm not one to put up and shut up (can you tell?). Either way, I didn't mean to make this a huge deal. Just passing on my experience and requesting feedback. I'm seeing that I should be happy with what was given to me since others may have not been as lucky. I appreciate that and I apologize if I offended anyone. That was not my intent.

To comment on what Empz wrote: I agree that the new interior styling is much improved, but of course, that's just my opinion, some may like the older style better.
Yes I read the other responses it's just a loaner but customer service is still a factor in your ownership experience G35 or G20 doesn't mean you should have to deal with poor customer service that is what the critiques are for though so voice your opinion on them when they come in the mail eventually the dealership will have to address their customer service or else they will not get as many loaners when they have to replace their inventory.

Old 12-01-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by 4thHorseman
I got an '01 Camry for a loaner, and wow those cars suck. Maybe they gave it to me so I would realize how great my G coupe is....
I think they must really HATE you! LMAO to give you a 6 year old car. You can can at least get a 2005 from a rental car company!

Old 12-01-2005, 03:14 PM
I once got a I35 loaner for my 15000 service (last June). I was so offended that it wasn't a G35, FX, or M. So offended that I didn't drive the car around when I got where I needed to go (to work and then back to the dealership - granted... I was working and thus had nowhere to go - and I brought my own lunch).

Also, I once took my car in because I wanted something checked out (no appointment) and they had no loaners available. They sent me to enterprise and rented me (their expense) a vehicle. When I got there, enterprise didn't have a lot of cars available (and the selection was limited because the dealership agreement says that they can only rent vehicles with power windows and locks) so they put me in a mini-van (with power locks and windows). When I found out I was so offended that they went above and beyond the loaner program only to put me in a mini-van... what am I a soccer mom?

Last edited by MrCrazy; 12-01-2005 at 03:19 PM.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by perry05G35
I think they must really HATE you! LMAO to give you a 6 year old car. You can can at least get a 2005 from a rental car company!
Yeah, probably. I did make them wash my car twice since I didn't think they did a very good job the first time!

Old 12-01-2005, 03:21 PM
Ha! Just talked to my dad this afternoon and he took is car into the shop today too. He's got an 05 Audi A8L, and they gave him an A4 loaner. Wow! I don't don't feel so bad now. He said the first thing he thought when he got into the car was, "Ok, where's the button to turn the car on?" Ha! Thank God for intelligent key!

Perry: Agreed. Customers should never have to deal with poor customer service no matter what they drive. I will certainly be honest with my critique when it comes in.

eldy: yes it is!!! Twisties, here I come!

Happy vrooming!

Old 12-01-2005, 06:21 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
I don't think Infiniti ever states that you'll get a fancy car for a loaner. They just say you're entitled to "a vehicle" assuming you give them time to make arrangements.

Old 12-01-2005, 06:38 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Stevie, I agree your point is a reasonable one. I would expect a relatively new Infiniti car unless there was some kind of explanation or apology because they had no other regular loaners available. It's a customer service issue to me.
My local dealer provides a loaner that is a current or last year model( I have an '05 G sedan loaner at home right now overnight) or a rental car of the same make. I have had an FX35, and an I30, I35 as well. Some of you may have dealers with different policies on loaners, of course.

Old 12-01-2005, 07:34 PM
My sales rep told me to give her a call to setup the service and a loaner car, she said let her know what I want to "test" and she'll try to make it happen. My dad's taken his TL in for service and they've given him a TSX. We beat the crap out of that one!! A free loaner is better than the dealer shuttle. I've been into Honda before, and figured the shuttle would take me to work. I was told "sorry it's full, no ride for you" WTF!!! That was at 7am so i got to walk 2 miles to work.

Old 12-01-2005, 07:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I have an 05 base model that I've owned for about 6 months. My Infiniti dealer has lent me two 04s and an 05. One of the 04s had the sport suspension so I enjoyed the sportier feel when cornering. The last 04 I had was a bit of a dog and felt like it had been abused. The 05 was nice, but it had the graphite interior which I find to be too dark. The thing I like about the loaner is it gives you a chance to compare your car against earlier models and different color combinations. I wish they would give me a coupe for the day, but I imagine I'll always get a sedan. I look forward to driving an 07 loaner someday in the future....

Old 12-01-2005, 08:34 PM
Be film but nice. I asked for 35X cause I really wanna test drove it when I was doing my service. First guy said no, then I went to another guys, and said no, finally service manager let me have his car for a loaner. I must say G35X is not what I expected. Drives pretty much like regular G35.

Old 12-01-2005, 10:01 PM
I just had to take my G back to the body shop, and they tried to stick me with a chevy Aveo, but we argued and got a 4 door silverado instead. and I didn't have to pay to fill the gas up on it. IMO a G is a G.

Old 12-01-2005, 10:10 PM
What the heck r u talking about?

Originally Posted by steviep_g35
No offense, but they have cars set aside specifically as loaners for owners who bring their cars into the shop. I didn't mention that, I'm sorry, but I thought it would be understood. These are new cars, they use only as loaners. Then sell later on at reduced prices of course. I kid you not, they have about 30 new cars they use exclusively as loaners.

this all sounds very far fetched to me... thirty new cars? How are the cars "new" and loaners... this is simply not possible.

Loaner cars have to be registered as fleet vehicles and it desecrates their resale value.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Took the G to the dealer