Any 05's with this Plenum?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 01:44 PM
It works on my machine
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hydrazine
Hi Guys,

Yes, the 1/2" spacer can be made to fit in the sedan with the engine cover but the cover will come into slight contact with the hood insulation.

There are also tolerance variations from car to car so some will contact more than others and some may not at all. This may or may not be acceptable to some drivers, so its simply listed on the site as not being able to fit.

Tony

PS. If you have the 05 6MT, don't even bother with a spacer. MREV is the only way to go.
I'm curious, does the spacer or MREV void your warranty?

Old 12-05-2005, 01:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Would you say MREV is better for manuals then the autos?

Old 12-05-2005, 02:01 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 03silverG
Would you say MREV is better for manuals then the autos?
The MREV is *for* manauls, by virtue of the fact that it's *for* revup motors, which at this point are *only offered as manuals*.

Tony --- quick suggestion
Do a small 3-4 line writeup of the revup, including what years/models/trannies have, and more importantly, DO NOT HAVE the revup.

Then do a short 2 line explanation of the mrev, and make it clear the mrev is for the revup. Then explain what other products you have for non revups.

This way it can be stickied, and we can all link to it everytime someone asks a question like ^^^.

Old 12-05-2005, 02:16 PM
workin...

Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
The MREV is *for* manauls, by virtue of the fact that it's *for* revup motors, which at this point are *only offered as manuals*.

Tony --- quick suggestion
Do a small 3-4 line writeup of the revup, including what years/models/trannies have, and more importantly, DO NOT HAVE the revup.

Then do a short 2 line explanation of the mrev, and make it clear the mrev is for the revup. Then explain what other products you have for non revups.

This way it can be stickied, and we can all link to it everytime someone asks a question like ^^^.
definitely a good idea. i'd like to know what sort of benefits i can see on my '06 5AT and what the implications are for the warranty.

maybe a table would work really well for this, where across the top you have stuff like hp increase, cost, tranny and down the side you just have the year.

Old 12-05-2005, 04:10 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
Dyno plots of the spacers will be posted on the website very soon.

As far as warranty is concerned, assume the dealership will automatically imagine any excuse, reasonable or not, to void your warranty. They may or may not try to do that.

Otherwise, consumer protection lemon laws essentially states that any modification you make to the car must be shown to be the cause of the problem if they are to legally void a warranty.

Old 12-06-2005, 02:39 AM
Quick question---

Does it affect how the car sound? Can you hear the difference? Looking for quiet mod - thanks.

Originally Posted by Oggie
I have a MD 5/16" spacer on my 05 G35x with ISO Thermo kit. Extremely pleased with the results and my revs seem to be holding on longer. With Z-tube and K&N, the results are even better. A 05 G35C 6MT friend of mine drove my car and commented on the fact that he thought my car is stronger than his. I definitely think the MD spacer is money well spent. If the 1/2" spacer would fit with the engine cover, I would have gotten that instead.

Old 12-06-2005, 11:47 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
All of them increase the sound level and make it deeper sounding. Some notice it easily and some can't notice it at all.

Old 12-06-2005, 08:33 PM
How does it compare to the Crawford?

This still confuses me - assuming you don't care about the stock cover fitting back on - with Crawford you get the entire plenum instead of just the spacer. Plus like the Kinetix - I read on the internet that it also lower the air temp. Well - maybe the question I should ask is - is the crawford worth $100 more?
Appreciate your input.....

Old 12-08-2005, 07:23 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
The Iso Thermal spacer has many advantages.
The first being stealth. When its in, you cant see it. This is the#1 reason it was developed.
The second is it thermally isolates both the upper and lower collectors.
Thirdly, doesn't cost as much.

Its also fully compatible with boost.

It does more, costs less and is stealth. A good combination.

Old 12-08-2005, 08:21 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Ok I guess cause I'm new to this I don't have a clue what the hell you guys are talking about but I'm very interested in this part. Can anyone educate me(or point me to the fourm that does) on this plenum spacer including where I can but it and how much it costs?

Old 12-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Look at MotordyneEngineering.com. If you have an 05 6MT, get the MREV. If you have any other year or AT, get one of the Isothermal Spacers. I have the MREV on my 05 6MT coupe and couldn't be happier. Also, Tony at Motordyne is so easy to deal with. Happy driving.

Old 12-09-2005, 02:29 AM
interesting....so how does all this work exactly? i'm still confused.. what difference does the width of the spacers make and how does this thing work to generate that much power in the first place?

Old 12-09-2005, 02:41 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by EicarG35
interesting....so how does all this work exactly? i'm still confused.. what difference does the width of the spacers make and how does this thing work to generate that much power in the first place?
Its all about the tuning frequency.
In the REVUP motor it appears as if the tuning frequency was overshot, or made too high. So high that its less than optimal. The overshoot makes for good advertising in magazines but not too much more.

The MREV intake runners are longer than stock, hence they resonate at a lower frequency. The runners resonate kinda like when you blow air across the top of a coke bottle. If you make the runners shorter it will resonate at a higher frequency.

Another way to think of it is how you can tune a vented subwoffer box with a port vent of a specific length. If you make the port shorter than optimal, it will resonate really loud at one frequency but sound like hell at all other frequencies. If you tune the runner (or speaker box) to the right length (frequency), it will have a more uniform response at all frequencies.

Old 12-09-2005, 03:17 AM
Originally Posted by Hydrazine
Its all about the tuning frequency.
In the REVUP motor it appears as if the tuning frequency was overshot, or made too high. So high that its less than optimal. The overshoot makes for good advertising in magazines but not too much more.

The MREV intake runners are longer than stock, hence they resonate at a lower frequency. The runners resonate kinda like when you blow air across the top of a coke bottle. If you make the runners shorter it will resonate at a higher frequency.

Another way to think of it is how you can tune a vented subwoffer box with a port vent of a specific length. If you make the port shorter than optimal, it will resonate really loud at one frequency but sound like hell at all other frequencies. If you tune the runner (or speaker box) to the right length (frequency), it will have a more uniform response at all frequencies.

Ohh..thanks Hydrazine! This applies to the basic plenums too right and not just to the MREV because I have an 05 AT sedan and as I read earlier, the MREV is for the MTs.

Old 12-09-2005, 12:15 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Yes. It applies to all plenums on all cars.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any 05's with this Plenum?