G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Stolen Infiniti's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 08:35 PM
05-G35 Sedan 5AT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stolen Infiniti's

I have been thinking about investing in a LoJack system.

We find and recover a lot of stolen vehicles here but we dont have a high Infiniti theft rate here in So. Nevada so I was wondering if any forum members had their Infinitis stolen or know of any.

Worth it, or not?

Old 01-08-2006, 08:50 PM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan
I can't remember any stories of stolen G's. I don't visit the coupe forum very often though.

Old 01-08-2006, 09:49 PM
Florida G35 Club Member
None that I am aware of.
Lips

Old 01-08-2006, 10:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I personally don't think it's worth the investment....a friend of mine had it installed in his Passat. Isn't it like $1k - $1.5k ? If your car is stolen & then get's stripped and/or wrecked, are there really any advantages to having LoJack? (other than finding your remains) I don't know much about the warranty or guarantee they give when you purchase/install it.....do they cover anything? Just wondering.

Old 01-08-2006, 10:55 PM
05-G35 Sedan 5AT
its worth it if your car is high on the hit list or if it is highly customized.. LoJack is an RF transmitter and it starts tracking your car as soon as it is reported to LoJack as being stolen.. So if you notify LoJack soon after it is stolen then the results are very good for recovery. If your car is stolen while you are on vacation and not reported to LoJack right away then yes, you may be screwed..
Its at least 800.00 so its not cheap.
THere are some very awesome G35s here in the forum and I was wondering about thefts. If I ever get mine as customized as some of the others in here i may invest in one..

Old 01-08-2006, 11:06 PM
English dude, English
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jimmyc13
I personally don't think it's worth the investment....a friend of mine had it installed in his Passat. Isn't it like $1k - $1.5k ? If your car is stolen & then get's stripped and/or wrecked, are there really any advantages to having LoJack? (other than finding your remains) I don't know much about the warranty or guarantee they give when you purchase/install it.....do they cover anything? Just wondering.
I'm not referring to you, but unless you (generality speaking) are a complete moran and wait forever to call LoJack to inform them that the car has been stolen, then yes, it probably would be stripped and the LoJack would allow your car to be found. But LoJack, if unable to find the vehicle will pay so much money (I can't remember how much). Now, if you have gap insurance along with your regular insurance along with LoJack, it becomes an impressive 1-2-3 punch. If you do have LoJack hopefully not having your car stripped or wrecked is always a plus. Again, the "moran" is not referring to you. But again there are lots of positives to having it.

Either way, enjoy your G!!!

Old 01-08-2006, 11:25 PM
05-G35 Sedan 5AT
Originally Posted by Skyline_G35
I'm not referring to you, but unless you (generality speaking) are a complete moran and wait forever to call LoJack to inform them that the car has been stolen, then yes, it probably would be stripped and the LoJack would allow your car to be found. But LoJack, if unable to find the vehicle will pay so much money (I can't remember how much). Now, if you have gap insurance along with your regular insurance along with LoJack, it becomes an impressive 1-2-3 punch. If you do have LoJack hopefully not having your car stripped or wrecked is always a plus. Again, the "moran" is not referring to you. But again there are lots of positives to having it.

Either way, enjoy your G!!!
LoJack has a pretty good recovery rate but like we said it really depends on how much time has passed since the car being stolen and when u report it.
Since my car is paid for gap insurance is not an option..

About 2 weeks ago some punk stole a 05 Mercedes 500SEL from Idaho and we recovered it the same day here in Vegas with the thief inside. Now if the owners would have waited a day to report it then who knows.

If I heard a bunch of people here in the forums state that they had their G35s stolen of heard of a lot of G35s being stolen then I might invest.

So far it sounds like they are not high on the theives most wanted list. I havent researched the web yet for stats but when I get time I might.

now if I had all this...Stillen Cat Back Exhaust/Z Tube/19" ADR Racing Rims/Clear Corners/Skyline Badging/Skyline Kick Panels/AVIC-N1/Clarion 640 watt max 4 channel amplifier/Focal 165KF 6 1/2 Component set in the front doors/Focal 130KF 5 1/2 Component set in the rear doors... I would inves in one..

Last edited by vegasG35sedan; 01-08-2006 at 11:31 PM.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:15 AM
It's all about peace of mind. I have Lojack tracking with the Early Warning System that will notify me by (by work phone, home phone, voicemail, email, text msging) if my car is moved w/o my authorization (Lojack transmitter). I paid around $800 for it.

Old 01-09-2006, 02:27 AM
I have LoJack on my $60,000 G and if the car is been Move Lojack will call me on my cell Phone. Is good to have it. If you are going to spend money on your car.

If you are going to have your car Stock Is not worth the Price my LoJack install thru the Dealer was $700 Cool.

Originally Posted by kl68
It's all about peace of mind. I have Lojack tracking with the Early Warning System that will notify me by (by work phone, home phone, voicemail, email, text msging) if my car is moved w/o my authorization (Lojack transmitter). I paid around $800 for it.

Old 01-09-2006, 02:32 AM
Originally Posted by G35XLOVER
I have LoJack on my $60,000 G and if the car is been Move Lojack will call me on my cell Phone. Is good to have it. If you are going to spend money on your car.

If you are going to have your car Stock Is not worth the Price my LoJack install thru the Dealer was $700 Cool.
i may have misunderstood you, but how heavily modded is your car? $60,000 G35? that's pretty crazy and if you really have a G35 worth that much, then i definitely agree with your statement about getting a LoJack. Or are you talking about another G, perhaps a GS430 or something?

Old 01-09-2006, 02:39 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
you should check out his ride...
he put alot on his interior, headlights, bigbrake..and alot of other goodies..

Old 01-09-2006, 03:43 AM
Your insurance's cheaper. My lojack was half off because it was already installed in all the Gs at the dealership. So they were offering half off ($395) if you want it. Figured since i've spent that much money into buying a new car, why go cheap. Peace of mind it is. I heard from the salesperson saying that your engine or car won't start if you do not have the little alarm (remote) with you. So by what he's saying, your car will not start even if they break it and try to wire it unless they have the alarm with them.

Old 01-10-2006, 12:22 AM
LoJack is a good tool to use but it's a bit out dated. I have LoJack in my car too but I'm thinking of switching to a GPS based system. I'm not affiliated with this company in any way buy found it on the net while seardch for a GPS.
http://www.mymobileguardian.com/how_default.asp

The information you get is to the second and you can track your G. Check it out. Just my $.02

Old 01-10-2006, 05:31 PM
yea over on the coupe side there was someone who had left their keys in the car when he went in the gas station to pay for his gas and when he came back out it was gone. I would try to find the link but damn it was a long time ago.

Old 01-10-2006, 06:20 PM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by Sumlime311
yea over on the coupe side there was someone who had left their keys in the car when he went in the gas station to pay for his gas and when he came back out it was gone. I would try to find the link but damn it was a long time ago.
I don't think you can count that one since the owner practically gave his G away.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stolen Infiniti's