G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Service for 75k

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2006 | 11:20 PM
|
Service for 75k

I have hit 75k miles in my G. Have a question about what kind of major servicing should I do? I definitely don't plan on takin it to the dealership and gettin raped. So I just need to preferably get a list on the things I need to change/replace. I know it sounds bad, but up until this point, I have only been doin the regular oil/oil filter changes every 3000 miles. I can't remember, but I might have done a service at around 30k. Either way, the G still runs like new and still lovin it. I just feel bad for puttin so many miles on it in 2.5 years. Thanks for any help!

Old 01-16-2006 | 11:48 PM
75K in 2.5 years!? I'm actually on pace to do 30K/yr I'm assuming they were mostly highway miles.

Sorry I don't have much advice but here's a link to the maintenance schedule for our cars. http://www.infinitihelp.com/Infiniti...e/G35/Year.htm

Good to know that your car still runs like new.

Old 01-16-2006 | 11:51 PM
Ive got 65K on mine and its better than new. Really is faster. As far as 75K service, if you have an 5AT, I hope you have done the full fluid flush at 30K. They may have only done the drain/refill. If so, the full fluid transfer (12 qts) is in order (about $250) since the fluid is $12/qt.

If 6MT, I would drain/refill the trans & diff with some good synthetic gear lube like Amsoil SevereGear or Redline Shockproof Heavy etc. Your gears will last forever.

Next, about time for some plugs. They say 100K, but thats bull. A set of NGK irridium IX will do nicely.

Then change the air filter and run a few tanks of gas with a good synthetic total fuel system cleaner (Technon, Berrymans etc.) in it. That will remove any buildup in the injectors, valves, and combustion chamber.

Then check the belts for wear and replace if cracked, worn etc.

That should just about do it for the drivetrain, but I bet your rear rotors/pads are about due. No doubt they changed the fronts already, but the back end should be looked at if you havent changed them yet.

The rest is cosmetic. Apply some Lexol to the leather and some NXT tech wax to the paint every 3-4 months and it will look new for years to come.

Old 01-17-2006 | 12:50 AM
Banned
i have 45k and what kind of service should i have done already???

Old 01-17-2006 | 09:08 AM
Originally Posted by OG35
I have hit 75k miles in my G. Have a question about what kind of major servicing should I do? I definitely don't plan on takin it to the dealership and gettin raped. So I just need to preferably get a list on the things I need to change/replace. I know it sounds bad, but up until this point, I have only been doin the regular oil/oil filter changes every 3000 miles. I can't remember, but I might have done a service at around 30k. Either way, the G still runs like new and still lovin it. I just feel bad for puttin so many miles on it in 2.5 years. Thanks for any help!

At least you did the oil/filter changes, that is the most important service IMO.

First and foremost, the engine air filter is way overdue. If you have 75k on the originial, then the poor engine is choking for air and is probably ingesting dirt. That won't kill the engine in the short term, but it will substantially reduce it's useful life.

Change the fluid in the differential and transmission, regardless of whether it's a 5AT or 6MT. If 5AT, full flush, not just a drain and fill. 6MT a drain and fill is a complete change so a "flush" is not necessary (or possible).

Have the cooling systems flushed, not just drained and filled.

Change the brake fluid the next time you have pads/rotors changed. Brake fluid absorbs water over time and water allows corrosion in expensive parts like the ABS pump.

Change the HVAC filter.

Lots of inspections, exhuast, suspension, fuel lines, etc. Inspect the drive belts carefully and replace if any damage.

Lubricate door locks, hinges, etc.

Old 01-18-2006 | 09:57 AM
|
Thanks everyone for the input and suggestions. I took down the notes and gonna take it to my friend's shop. Lemme know if anything else was missed.