New buyer here

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 10:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New buyer here

Guys,

Need your .02.

I'm in the market for a G35 sedan. I've driven the A6 2.7T, Lincoln LS, Bimmer 330i, you name it. The moment of truth is here, and I want to bounce my deal off of you.

I want my G35 loaded -- sport, premium, winter, nav, you name it. My local dealer (Fred Lavery in Birmingham, MI) has a car in stock right now (2003.5) in Desert Platinum with Willow interior. The color is decent, but I was looking for silver. At this point, I don't know how easy silver will be to find, unless I wait for the '04. I'm not sure my lease deal will be as good on the '04, which brings me to...

Lease finances. I'm being offered a 39-month lease, no cap cost reduction, 15K a year for $494/month for a totally loaded G that stickers at ~ $37K. To me, this sounds like a good deal. Would y'all agree?

Does anyone else have Desert Plat? From some angles it looks more silver (good) and from others more gold (not so good). How do you like the color?

Thanks!

Old 08-14-2003, 10:21 AM
Re: New buyer here

I passed on a better deal of DP color for BS. the color difference is more noticable after the car is washed under bright light. most of time it looks very close to DP.

Silver/Graphite/Premium/Sports/Winter

Old 08-14-2003, 10:26 AM

So there's not much diff between the two colors? The car I looked at last night was dirty, and there was a bit more of a gold hue to it compared to silver. When DP is clean, is it more silver?

Old 08-14-2003, 02:30 PM

I have DP and love it...I wanted BS but wanted a car within a certain time frame and couldn't wait....i dont regret it. The BS is prob slightly more attractive when clean as it better matches wheels and chrome trim pieces to give a very moder titanium looking apprearance..again very slight. My DP when clean gets more craned necks than a guy walking down main street Boise with nothing but chaps on. Its very awesome looking at various times of the day...and most people thinks its silver anyway. A little more beige or gold in it but it's still not gold like say the awful gold passat.

Old 08-14-2003, 02:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a loaded DP, graphite interior. Love the color. Got a speeding ticket, and the cop wrote "silver" in the color description field.

In bright sunlight, you have to park them side-by-side to tell the difference. In subdued light, the DP does have more of a bronze glow to it. I like it better than the plain silver.

If you really want silver, though, I'd hold out for the perfect car. It's a lot of money to spend on something that's only "almost" perfect.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 08-14-2003, 03:33 PM

Don't let the cops bum you out too much - for color appreciation anyway...my parking tickets say silver or gray - never desert platinum. My gf and I were on the lot back in Feb and argued about which was which. I like it more now after having it a while.

Take a look at the DP after a wash when all the water is still on it...looks good wet for some reason. I guess I dont feel too imperfect even if BS is slightly nicer to me. I like the willow on DP - would love to see graphite on same exterior DP..got any pics Ryo?

Old 08-14-2003, 04:43 PM

There are pictures of my car in the Rides section.

https://g35driver.com/rides/detailri...dx=0&vehId=469

It didn't bum me out. Too bad I couldn't use it as an excuse to get out of the ticket. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

It does look good shiny clean. And it doesn't look bad slightly dusty.. the dust tends to be nearly invisible, as it's the same slightly beige color.. just reduces the shine on the car.

Old 08-14-2003, 05:55 PM

NICE. Hadn't seen it befo. The contrast with titanium is way cool.

Old 08-14-2003, 05:58 PM

When I was shopping for my G a few weeks ago, I really wanted a DP. But there wasn't a dealer in town that had a DP 6MT sedan in the configuration I wanted. So I ended up getting the BS, and within a few hours, I quickly grew to like the BS very much. It is a cool tone that matches the chrome and titanium theme very well. Though I still like the DP, I am very pleased with the BS.

2003.5 G35s 6MT Brilliant Silver/Graphite/Premium

Old 08-14-2003, 09:03 PM

I honestly think it's hard to go wrong with any of the G35 colors. In trying to pick a color for the one I'd like to buy, I'm torn between Twilight Blue and Garnet, but the silver is excellent too!

Old 08-19-2003, 05:10 PM

I was and still torn between the DP, garnet red & Black. Probably going the DP route with graphite interior. Would of waited for the Diamond graphite color on the '04 sedan as it looks awsome on the 2 door with graphite interior, but got a deal to good to pass up.

Old 08-21-2003, 09:11 AM

Well guys, here's the deal. I can wait for an '04 5 AT sedan to come in, and the prices I'm getting are around $550-$570/month for a 39 month lease with 15K miles, NO MONEY DOWN (cap cost reduction). I can probably get them down to $540 or so with some haggling.

Or...

I've negotiated a 2003.5 DP 5AT sedan, fully loaded (meaning: premium, sport, winter, nav, willow interior, aero) for $494/month, no money down for cap cost reduction.

My delimma is this: wait for an '04 car, and pay considerably more, or get the DP 2003.5, and get what I think is a great deal. I think the DP looks gold at times, but in the JPG linked on the first page of this topic, damn, it sure looks silver to me.

So that's where I am right now.

Question: does the 2003.5 have power passenger seat?

Old 08-21-2003, 11:37 AM

With the premium package, yes, 03.5 sedan has power passenger seat.. but it's 4-way, not 8-way like the driver's.