G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Gaskets for Coupe Midpipe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 05:28 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Gaskets for Coupe Midpipe

I just ordered some gaskets for the coupe midpipe I bought and during the process, it came to my attention that the gasket between the end of the midpipe and muffler pipe have different part numbers for the sedan vs the coupe. I was also told there was a slight difference in shape as well. I went ahead and ordered the one for the coupe since I was going to use a coupe midpipe. Does anyone know definately which one needs to be used? The gasket between y pipe and beginning of coupe mide pipe have same parts numbers for both cars, just FYI.

Last edited by Tunerz_Store; 01-25-2006 at 05:33 PM.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:41 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
That's odd. The donut gasket for the midpipe to muffler is different? How could that be seeing that both system have the same OD pipe? Since guys have been running used coupes midpipes with the used gasket still attached to the coupe midpip and aren't getting exhaust leaks, I wouldn't worry about it. Just use the coupe-spec gasket.

Old 01-25-2006, 05:48 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Yes, seemed very odd to me. But he doubled check what he had in the system and also verified that the two are some what different in shape as well. Guess I will have a better understanding when I get the gasket and compare it to my sedan gasket. I will update my findings so people will know exactly which one works or if either one works.

Old 01-25-2006, 06:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I replaced the midpipe for my car, I got new gaskets too. I did some research here and someone had posted the part #'s. I don't know if they are the coupe or the sedan's gaskets, but from what I remember during the install, they are the same.

Old 01-26-2006, 01:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The gasket that connects from the front of the mid-pipe to the y-pipe is in fact different than that which connects to the rear muffler. The gasket that connects to the Y-pipe is made of 2-3 thin layers of metal, with the opening for the exhaust in the middle, along with the two small openings (one on each side) for the bolts to pass thru. The one that connects to the muffler is an O-ring, made of a soft, malleable (not sure on spelling on that one) type of metal, which fits over the small piece of exhaust pipe that extends out of the muffler. When I put in my coupe mid-pipe, the stock O-ring was completely flattened and pretty corroded, so luckly I ordered a new one when I bought my mid-pipe. I don't think the Y-pipe gasket is as critical, as it doesn't bend/flatten like the O-ring does. I highly recommend replacing the gasket that attaches to the muffler. Now that I think of it, I wonder if you can utilize the y-pipe gasket @ the muffler location?...... hmmmm.....

Hope that helps you!