G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

thepartsbin.com order problem!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DON'T ORDER FROM thepartsbin.com

I appoligize in advance if this in the wrong area, and sorry for the long story... but here goes...
I've ordered an entire OEM fit exhaust for my 91 integra before from thepartsbin.com and had issues with a chirping noise because of a weep hole for moisture. I called, they sent a new one, gave me an RMA # and told me the UPS driver would have a pickup tag for the defective unit. so great, I'll order from them this time. I ordered front and rear EBC brake pads for my 2002 RSX. I got the email monday that stated due to high demand for EBC pads, they will be sent directly from the manufacturer, 10-14 days for delivery. then tuesday i get another email that states the order has been sent. Wednesday i get a "big box" on my door step, about the size of a copier paper box. The thing weighs 15 pounds. Open it up and I find...the rear brake pad set...and an ACT flywheel for a 90-02 honda accord. So i check the credit card..no charge for the flywheel , just the $65 for the pads. So, i call and they tell me that the front pads are shipped seperately. i haven't mentioned the flywheel....they tell me i will recieve another email when the rest of the order is sent. I open the pads to check them out...and i find only one pad has the wear indicator...what the hell!!! So I called last night and they tell me again that the order is shipped seperately since i ordered two items. I tell them..duh i know that already..thats not my problem...i explain to the rep what is missing. and his response is.."oh it is probalby in the other box of brake pads." From my experience all the parts come in one box, and they wouldn't come with the set for the front. So they tell me i have to pay for it to be shipped back, they will credit my cc for the part, and then if i still want the part, i need to reorder it and pay shipping since the order is less than $50. what kind of crap is that??? I called again today and was told that customer service does can not approve my request to have a correct set sent to me and I return the mis-boxed set, but i have to get approval from the returns dept. So, if i was told this the first time i would have just emailed them.....Anyone else order items and have this type of experience trying to return an inccorect item?? so lesson learned so far..is not to order anything from thepartsbin.com.....anyone have a honda accord that needs a new flywheel???

Last edited by sydg35; 02-10-2006 at 12:04 PM. Reason: CHANGE TITLE
Old 02-10-2006, 10:49 AM
Misanthropic nut-cracker
Wrong area?.......ya mean wrong site. However, call your credit card co. and make an official complaint. The credit card co. will charge them back until this gets resolved to your satifaction. Don't take any crap. Good luck

Old 02-10-2006, 11:13 AM
uhm stop buying from them, they sound sketch as hell, get your money back and threaten to file complaints if they don't refund, then by your parts from a sponsor of this site!

oh yeah and please sell your wackura and get a G

Old 02-10-2006, 11:21 AM
I already have a 05 G35 Sedan!!!
The Acura is the wife's car.
Just an FYI "thepartsbin.com" i'm going to assume is also "alloemcarparts.com" since that was distribution point info that was on the pink packing slip. I'll give them till monday to resolve the problem.

Old 02-10-2006, 11:31 AM
OK nice, my mistake. I think the TSX is an excellent choice for a wife. Probably what I would go with in the same context