G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Can't stop thinking I shoulda got a Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2006 | 11:24 AM
Got children, buy the Sedan (unless your other car is a sedan or SUV)

No children, enjoy the coupe.

I had a sedan and SUV for years. One day I said WTF. I have no children, why don't I have a sports car. Now I have the Coupe. Next purchase 911 Porsche.

Old 03-08-2006 | 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by MDR G35C
Got children, buy the Sedan (unless your other car is a sedan or SUV)

No children, enjoy the coupe.

I had a sedan and SUV for years. One day I said WTF. I have no children, why don't I have a sports car. Now I have the Coupe. Next purchase 911 Porsche.
I would have gotten the coupe. But I couldn't help but think how embaressed I would be if I was beat by a family sedan. I guess thats why when I beat a newer porche, I think it was a carrera but it was not turbo'ed, the guy would not even look at me, he was too pissed thinking he had a crammed car just to look good

Old 03-08-2006 | 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by JGFox
same here.. I sat in the coupe and I had a hard time with head room in front and especially in the back.. and I'm only 5'10"! and yes.. I had the seat as low as possible (I think). so i got the sedan.. no regrets.
In the front? I am 6' 4" and yes I have lean the seat back a little, but I have had to do that in every car I have ever drove. We have a 4 Runner too, and It has less head room than the G in my opinion.

Old 03-08-2006 | 01:59 PM
Add me to the list of sedan owners that would love to own a coupe. To me, the coupe is the best looking car out there, in the 30k price range. I know it would be impossible for me as I couldnt afford the chiropractor bills from hoisting junior in and out the back seat. I still catch myself thinking I could pull it off, then wifey smacks me back into reality...

Old 03-08-2006 | 02:45 PM
i have the coupe 6MT...... sometimes when i am in traffic, i wished i got the 5at, and when i have friends that wants to come along, i wished i got the sedan....... what i am trying to say is that, whatever your situation is THE MOST, that's the car you should get..... if you have kids, hands down, sedan is the way to go, if you're single, coupe.........but be happy whichever one you have, performance is great on both and if it's the extra ponies you crave, FI it....

Old 03-08-2006 | 03:04 PM
luongdmd, wanna trade? I wish I had gotten the 6MT.

Old 03-08-2006 | 03:07 PM
I'm a sedan owner who's glad they have a sedan instead of the coupe.

Coupe pluses:
Looks

Sedan pluses:
Utility

Nil:
Performance

Basically, I own only 1 car - G35 Sedan. I have a Thule roof rack for my 9' surfboard and bicycle, and I can put my snowboard in the back seat (too big for the trunk... but that issue is nil anway since coupe rear seats fold down). The only problem is that it's more difficult for me to get out of driving friends since it's actually comfortable in the back seats.

One small advantage of the sedan look, it doesn't draw attention (execpt when you have a 9' surfboard strapped to the roof). It's also kinda funny to take off at traffic lights when it's obvious that the person next to you has the intention of getting in front (e.g. lanes merging).

Last edited by MrCrazy; 03-08-2006 at 03:13 PM.
Old 03-08-2006 | 03:37 PM
An Army of One...
Originally Posted by Ray Finkel
Add me to the list of sedan owners that would love to own a coupe. To me, the coupe is the best looking car out there, in the 30k price range. I know it would be impossible for me as I couldnt afford the chiropractor bills from hoisting junior in and out the back seat. I still catch myself thinking I could pull it off, then wifey smacks me back into reality...
LOL! Good one!

Old 03-08-2006 | 04:00 PM
Kids, wife, etc.- more reason to get a sporty 2 door. Don't let the wifey persuade you out of it; she just don't want you to have a sexy car. Yall guys are missing out!!!

Old 03-08-2006 | 04:14 PM
Soccer mom here, and I have owned both. I'm in a Sedan now and like someone posted earlier, modded coupes are everywhere. Modded Sedans are rare. Both are sexy!!

Old 03-08-2006 | 05:13 PM
my multi purpose sedan: room for kids in rear, trunk still has plenty of space despite two 12" sub boxes, no bling factor to draw attention of cops, will outpace stock coupes (at or mt) with bolt-ons i have,......all said and done, the clients that ride in my car think it's show room stock.......beauty is skin deep, true beaty is the right foot.

Old 03-08-2006 | 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by desmoR
The coupe is sexier, no question. But I wouldn't trade my sedan. I get a huge trunk, reclining rear seat for my friends, cheaper insurance (couldn't say why though). It weighs less and has the same power.
If you have any questions as to why insurance might cost more with a coupe a quick visit to the coupe forum should enlighten you.

Old 03-09-2006 | 11:49 AM
Sometimes I also think I should've gotten the coupe as well. But, everytime I'm putting a suitcase in my trunk to head off to the airport, I am so glad I chose the sedan. I kinda like the looks of the sedan, also. I just wish it was a little wider like the coupe.

Old 03-09-2006 | 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by prog35
I think I'm going through a "mid-life crisis" at 34 .

I can't stop thinking that I should have gotten a Coupe. I love the way it looks and also the extra ponies.

I've got two small children and the sedan seemed like "the right thing to do" at the time, but hey! I could still fit the kids in the back of the coupe.

What do you guys think ? Have any of you owned both ?
I'm 37 with two kids (4 & 2). I originally bought the 2003 G35 sedan, but really wanted the coupe, thinking it'll be more convenient if I had to lug them around. I just traded in my 2003 G35 sedan for a 2006 Coupe. First, they very rarely ride in my car, and second, if we need to take them anywhere we take them in my wife's SUV.

Old 03-09-2006 | 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by Hutch
luongdmd, wanna trade? I wish I had gotten the 6MT.
if i know i am driving perople around or if i am in traffic..... love to trade.... but you need to stillen your car first....then it would be a fair trade.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Can't stop thinking I shoulda got a Coupe