G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

New Introduction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 05:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Introduction

Hey Guys,

Just wanting to introduce myself, as I'm new to the forum. I'm a firefighter/paramedic in the DFW area and just purchased my G35 Sedan a couple of weeks ago. Here are some pic's. I just got the rims and clear corners on. I'm getting the chrome trim around the windows and the door handles painted in the next week or so along with an Eibach Pro-Kit installed which should make it look a lot nicer. My Z-tube and K&N are on there way, with a plenum spacer to follow soon. I'll probably slow down a bit after that just so I can stay married. Should of never joined this forum....it's addictive, mods that is. By the way, if my pic's don't show up.... someone help me please. Thanks

Ryan

Attached Thumbnails New Introduction-img_0549.jpg   New Introduction-img_0550.jpg   New Introduction-img_0551.jpg  
Old 03-16-2006, 05:32 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The wheels arent my style but to each his own. I'd prefer a little lip, but those still look really good on a black G. And yeah, i think most of us are right there with you in saying that mods are addicting. I spent $800 in 4 days last week.
-GP-

Old 03-16-2006, 05:48 PM
Damn, first post and already get'n slammed on my wheels. I like them, I guess that's all that matters. The pic's dont' do them justice. They're black chrome and look really nice up close. That's why I need the chrome trim painted, it kind of takes away from the wheels. Thanks for the input though.

Old 03-16-2006, 05:53 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
LOL! i wasnt slammin you on em. I like them, the black chrome looks phenominal against the black car, they just arent my style becuase they have no lippage. If you like them that's ALL that matters. You should think about some BlueBatMobile headlight and tailight overlays. They would look really good on your car. GTR style rears in 6/10 and the headlights in 3/10, or 6/10 if you dont care about the loss of light output at night.
-GP-

Old 03-16-2006, 05:56 PM
Yea, I've been kicking that idea around. With the chrome trim and handles get'n painted, I think darkening the lights would give it a nice look.

Old 03-16-2006, 06:17 PM
You will love the look with out the chrome around windows. It will give your car a sportier look. Another sedan undergoing operation "darth vader" welcome to the order. Welcome to the board.

Last edited by transportchef; 03-16-2006 at 06:19 PM.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:19 PM
An Army of One...
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice looking G!

Old 03-16-2006, 06:24 PM
Nice G and welcome aboard. I see you have also started on the debadging process.

Old 03-16-2006, 06:28 PM
Im definatly liking the rims. They are HOT. The black is HOT. THe shaved emblems are HOT. And i love your street name. Sugarberry LOL

So tell us, what does the wife drive? What did you have before the G?

Old 03-16-2006, 06:31 PM
Welcome, where specifically are you located? I'm in Coppell. It's hard to find other sedan owners who like to mod their cars in DFW. Glad to know there is another one out there!

I've done the spacer and bought the torque wrench so let me know if you want to borrow it when you are ready to do the install.

Oh yeah, nice ride!

Old 03-16-2006, 07:31 PM
It works on my machine
Originally Posted by rltaylor
Damn, first post and already get'n slammed on my wheels. I like them, I guess that's all that matters. The pic's dont' do them justice. They're black chrome and look really nice up close. That's why I need the chrome trim painted, it kind of takes away from the wheels. Thanks for the input though.
Man, I really like those wheels. I've seen so many on this forum that I thought were OK and I always thought the stock one looked best. But I really like yours, if you don't mind who makes them. I live in the Chicago area so there's no competition, cuz I got the same car.

Old 03-16-2006, 07:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome aboard! You don't live in Grand Prairie do you? I used to live there and the houses look just like that in my old neighborhood.

Old 03-16-2006, 08:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wheels are hot

Old 03-16-2006, 08:40 PM
I'm actually in Little Elm although I tell everyone Frisco, as I'm the only subdivision east of 423 that's not Frisco. I'm basically at Eldorado and 423. really close to the Tollway. Thanks for all the nice remarks. The rims are Boss Motorsports 318's in Black Chrome. As for you Jameyb, I've already PM'd you dog, you didn't reply when I asked for mod suggestions. I'd love to get together sometime and talk rides and mods. Just let me know. The wife drives a Lexus GS300. It's a 2000 model, but still in excellent condition. She's actually wanting a new M series infiniti. Hope I got all the questions answered. I'll put some new pic's on in a couple of weeks once it's dropped and has the chrome painted. Thanks again for all the input.

RT

Old 03-16-2006, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by rltaylor
As for you Jameyb, I've already PM'd you dog, you didn't reply when I asked for mod suggestions. I'd love to get together sometime and talk rides and mods. Just let me know.

RT
You're right, you did, I didn't make the connection until now. Don't I feel like a jackhole! I was going to reply to you but completely forgot about it with everything I have going on right now (as you pointed out in your PM it's tax time for me). I apologize.

Yeah, I would love to get together sometime, now that March 15 is behind me (that's the corporate tax deadline) I have some free time on my hands. I want to see those wheels in person.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Introduction