G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

G35 Brake Warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 11:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stl_ls1gto
all 03 and 04 non-brembo's are covered until 30k, and my dealer said my 05X brakes would be too since they are not the updated brakes as on the RWD 05's.

Where is your dealer located and what dealership is it. I have an 05x and I'm on my 3rd set of brakes and rotors with only about 12,000 miles on the car. Previously my dealer said that my car wasn't covered by the extended brake warranty although they did replace them twice.

Old 03-25-2006, 01:36 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by andy2812
Where is your dealer located and what dealership is it. I have an 05x and I'm on my 3rd set of brakes and rotors with only about 12,000 miles on the car. Previously my dealer said that my car wasn't covered by the extended brake warranty although they did replace them twice.
You're wearing out the upgraded brakes every four thousand miles?!

Perhaps you should drive with only your right foot? Dude, what are you doing to that car?!

Anyhoo, my 2004 G35 Sedan 6MT's rotors and pads were worn out at 32,000 miles (although I could have gone on for a bit longer if I had to.) At the 30K service the dealership replaced them free, no muss no fuss. I asked if they were familiar with the extended warranty and they said "yep" and took care of it.

Luck,

Rick

Old 03-27-2006, 11:37 AM
Smile

Originally Posted by Easein2itG
There was a technical bulletin added for at least the 03 due to premature brake wear on the rotors and pads. The dealer replaced both my rotors and pads for free under warranty when the car had 22K miles. Check with your local service manager as I did and hopefully you'll get good news.
Where might this technical bulletin be? I'd like to see it and then take it with me to the dealership. I'm a n00b to the g35 and a female, so don't want to get the runaround.

Thanks!
G-gurl

Old 03-27-2006, 11:42 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by G-gurl
Where might this technical bulletin be? I'd like to see it and then take it with me to the dealership. I'm a n00b to the g35 and a female, so don't want to get the runaround.

Thanks!
G-gurl
Dear Infiniti G35 Owner:

Infiniti is committed to providing the highest levels of product quality and customer satisfaction. One of the many superior features of the award winning G35 is its excellent braking performance. This performance is due in part to advances in materials technology inherent in the brake pads on model year 2003 and 2004 G35 sedans and automatic transmission coupes. However, that superior performance can result in these customers sometimes experiencing greater brake wear than they may have experienced with other vehicles they previously owned or leased.

What Infiniti Will Do

To ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction, Infiniti is launching a program to provide brake maintenance (as detailed below) on your G35 sedan or automatic transmission equipped G35 coupe for 3 years from the original in-service date or 36,000 miles on your odometer, whichever occurs first, at no charge to you. This program is only available through an Infiniti dealership.

For 2003 or 2004 Infiniti G35 sedans or automatic transmissions equipped G35 coupes, this brake maintenance program covers brake pad and/or brake rotor replacement (or turning as appropriate) performed by your Infiniti dealership (only) when required because of wear during the program period. This program applies for 3 years from the original in-service date or 36,000 miles on your odometer, whichever occurs first.

What You Should Do

This program covers brake pad or rotor replacement (or turning) found to be necessary when you present your G35 to an Infiniti dealer for normal vehicle maintenance. In addition, as noted in your Owners Manual, the disc brake pads have audible wear warnings. When a brake pad requires replacement, it will make a high pitched scraping sound when the vehicle is in motion, whether or not the brake pedal is depressed. Your Owners Manual advises you to have the brakes checked by an Infiniti dealer if you hear this sound. There will be no charge to you for brake pad or rotor replacement (or turning) if found to be necessary due to wear. This maintenance service should take approximately 2 hours to complete, but you may have to leave your car for a longer period based upon dealer work schedules or parts availability.

If you have previously had your brake pads or rotors replaced (or turned) during maintenance to your vehicle prior to the announcement of this program, you may be eligible for reimbursement of those expenses. Please simply complete the attached form and provide us with proof of such brake maintenance service and the amount paid, as well as proof of ownership.

With this program, Infiniti intends to reduce your overall ownership costs as you continue to enjoy your G35 and Infiniti’s Total Ownership Experience. If you have any additional questions, please contact your Infiniti dealer or you can contact Infiniti Consumer Affairs at 1-800-947-9115.

Infiniti Division

Old 03-27-2006, 12:06 PM
thank you. i'll see what i can do. right now, i'm just getting used to my (as of last thursday night) new g35 03 /32K miles. when i get up to about 35 mph and just coast, it sounds like my right front rotor is a little off - it makes "turning" noise, like you can hear the wheel rotating. no scraping or anything, nothing too terrible, but it's there. other than that, the car is in tip top shape and i absolutely LOVE it!

Old 03-27-2006, 12:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here's a scanned copy of the Infiniti brake warranty letter.

Old 03-27-2006, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by Noremac
Here's a scanned copy of the Infiniti brake warranty letter.
linky no worky.

Old 03-27-2006, 12:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmmm.. Not sure why the link isn't working for you. But try this one.

Old 03-27-2006, 12:54 PM
thanks, that was a working one.

Old 03-27-2006, 04:21 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by RetAF
Suggest you ask dealer. Some are (5AT), 03 and 04. No 6MT`s are, IIRC.
Might want to try Search. This topic has been beat to death!
6MT's are also most definitely covered under the extended brake warranty for '03 & '04 G35 Sedans. I LOVE the brakes on mine, but I frankly don't understand why everyone else is having this problem with premature wear. I drive mine pretty hard, although I use the 6MT for compression braking/downshifting somewhat (nothing drastic).

When I took my car in for it's 30,000 mile service recently, the service advisor was amazed that they were barely 50% worn. Nonetheless, he "coached" me to mention my brakes were squealing, and I got a new set anyway (he knew that the 36,000 mile mark would come and pass before I wore my brakes out, and wanted to be sure I got the upgrade pads, etc. for free, before I was out of warranty, "like everyone else").

They always treat me right there.

Old 03-27-2006, 08:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dbarnes
6MT's are also most definitely covered under the extended brake warranty for '03 & '04 G35 Sedans. I LOVE the brakes on mine, but I frankly don't understand why everyone else is having this problem with premature wear. I drive mine pretty hard, although I use the 6MT for compression braking/downshifting somewhat (nothing drastic).

When I took my car in for it's 30,000 mile service recently, the service advisor was amazed that they were barely 50% worn. Nonetheless, he "coached" me to mention my brakes were squealing, and I got a new set anyway (he knew that the 36,000 mile mark would come and pass before I wore my brakes out, and wanted to be sure I got the upgrade pads, etc. for free, before I was out of warranty, "like everyone else").

They always treat me right there.
I bet you have more than 50% highway miles then, I went through the front brakes on my '04 in 15k miles, and I'm not an agressive braker, my '05 at almost 7500 miles, the pads and rotors still look like new! City driving. I guarantee on a pre-'05, you are in the minority, otherwise Infiniti wouldn't have issued the warranty, or changed the brakes in '05. The 6MT sedan was covered, but not the 6MTcoupe since it had Brembos.

Last edited by ABQ_G35; 03-27-2006 at 08:56 PM.