G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

'06 G35x and ending a lease

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 06:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i actually havent had those problems on my 2005 g35x..rattling no..the heated seats work fine for me..but yea wat everyone else said..if you could find someone to takeover your lease that would be your best bet

Old 03-22-2006, 07:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know that the heat isn't too high on my 04 G35. Just some heat.

Old 03-22-2006, 10:06 PM
Since you have made up your mind that you hate the car, nothing anybody says will change your mind.The only thing our x`s have in common is low gas mileage. That said, I will admit that mine gets better mileage and is faster than any other 4X4 I have owned, and that`s quite a few. Also, Infiniti does not cite those mileage figures on the window sticker. Those are from our very own, totally infallible government, the EPA. Good luck in your quest for perfection. You liked Saab, but my sister-in-law had one that drove her crazy with its constant troubles.

Old 03-23-2006, 07:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't relate to the Sirius and BT problems either as I have an 05 X. I do know that the new Gs are not the only cars out there with crappy bluetooth integration. Heck, even some of the aftermarket bluetooth kits suck. As far as mileage goes, I am with you. I'm not complaining, since I love the car, but I get about 14-15mpg around town if I drive like a 90 year old grandpop. If it's nice out, car is clean, and I decide to drive "sporty", the mileage plummets. I really think the culprit here is the AWD. The RWD guys seem to always get decent mileage. If that's the case, I'd rather have the AWD.

Old 03-23-2006, 10:07 AM
SwapALease.com has a program called "Peace of Mind" where you give them two car payments and they will make all the remaining payments and cover up to $2,000 in damages if your lease buyer can no longer afford the car. It's not hugely advertised on the site but it's there. If you read back in history (my first post on here) I absolutely despised my car but after getting those pita rear door rattles fixed I'm happy enough with it. You have to realize that it's still an entry level car.. Even so, it's not going to be perfect and no car is! Sit in a Lexus IS350 or BMW 330xi and look at how crappy the cup holders are.. the BMWs have no power... each car has it's pros and cons. Unless you are looking to drop $44K on an "entry level" super luxury car like the IS350 or 330(x)i, I don't think you'll be happy. The G35 does a great job of competing with it's price range competition (Acura TL, Saab 9-3 and other cars that TOP OUT in the mid-30s [The 9-3 convertible doesn't count!]) but it isn't going to be able to topple the IS350 and 330xi because they WILL have a lot more for the higher price. That's like saying "Damn! My Kia Rio sucks! The Mazda3 is so much better!" Of course it is! It's going to cost $8K-$10K more though. They are upgrading to the G37 and I'm sure they'll fix a lot of issues that exist with the current car but don't blame your bitterness for not buying a super lux entry level car on Infiniti for offering an affordable entry level vehicle.

Old 03-23-2006, 11:40 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by JGFox
SwapALease.com has a program called "Peace of Mind" where you give them two car payments and they will make all the remaining payments and cover up to $2,000 in damages if your lease buyer can no longer afford the car. It's not hugely advertised on the site but it's there. If you read back in history (my first post on here) I absolutely despised my car but after getting those pita rear door rattles fixed I'm happy enough with it. You have to realize that it's still an entry level car.. Even so, it's not going to be perfect and no car is! Sit in a Lexus IS350 or BMW 330xi and look at how crappy the cup holders are.. the BMWs have no power... each car has it's pros and cons. Unless you are looking to drop $44K on an "entry level" super luxury car like the IS350 or 330(x)i, I don't think you'll be happy. The G35 does a great job of competing with it's price range competition (Acura TL, Saab 9-3 and other cars that TOP OUT in the mid-30s [The 9-3 convertible doesn't count!]) but it isn't going to be able to topple the IS350 and 330xi because they WILL have a lot more for the higher price. That's like saying "Damn! My Kia Rio sucks! The Mazda3 is so much better!" Of course it is! It's going to cost $8K-$10K more though. They are upgrading to the G37 and I'm sure they'll fix a lot of issues that exist with the current car but don't blame your bitterness for not buying a super lux entry level car on Infiniti for offering an affordable entry level vehicle.

As I said - this car only works if you purchase it bare-bones, for you can get a IS350 equally equiped for $40K and it's a world better built. Besided, a fully loaded IS350 is $45K tops and my G35 fully loaded was $40K - I'd gladly pay the extra $5K in this case. Interesting how you compare this to a Kia, could not agree more.

But as you said, we'll see what's in store for the G37.

Old 03-23-2006, 12:15 PM
I'm curious to know how you paid $40K for your X because mine came with everything including navi and I only paid $38,003.10 INCLUDING NYS' retardedly high sales tax. Add the sales tax to a Lexus and it pushes it even higher. Besides, the IS doesn't come with the exact same specs.. AWD on the X is included in the price above. If you want to be fair you should compare a loaded G35 sedan RWD only. According to carsdirect.com's invoice price (I got my car for invoice so I suspect it is still possible for others) the total price comes to $34,737 + 8.25% NYS sales tax = $37,602.80. According to the same site, the target price for a comparable Lexus IS350 (pre-tax) would be $43,735. Factor in 8.25% NYS sales tax and it brings it up to $47,343.13. Sure there are a few more luxury options, a nudge in hp and a better built interior factored into that price but the end result is also $9,740.33 in price. There is no doubt in my mind that the new IS350 is a superior car to the current generation G35(x) but it's a different league of entry level lux. My Kia reference was simply using an analogy of a different car class so you could understand what I was talking about. If you think the G has anything in common with a Kia I suggest driving one of those around for a while. THEN you'll really have something to complain about.

Old 03-23-2006, 01:01 PM
Banned
I'm curious to know how you paid $40K for your X because mine came with everything including navi and I only paid $38,003.10 INCLUDING NYS' retardedly high sales tax. Add the sales tax to a Lexus and it pushes it even higher. Besides, the IS doesn't come with the exact same specs.. AWD on the X is included in the price above.
On the contrary, this is right off the Infiniti build site <see attached photo>

- MSRP: $39,750
- Rear spoiler: $420.00
- Front chin spoiler: $400.00

$40,570 MSRP

So I'm not sure how your vehicle stickers "fully loaded for $38K INCLUDING NYS Tax", when right off the site it's clearly more - not even including the two item that I had installed before delivery and before NYS tax. Plus, when leasing a vehicle you are not taxed on the full amount. Ya, the IS350 is not AWD, but considering the cost associated with the drop in gas mileage for the X through ownership, as you have stated, it's a wash in the end. Purchase a great set of performance snow tires and it's good enough. So in reality, again there is only a few $K difference between the two cars, and in a lease situation like mine, the extra $40-$50 per month is worth it IMO.

Everyone's expectations are different and it depends on what your use to driving. I've owned several Lexus and Acura models before - both ownership experiences have been far better than this one. I decided to go w/Infiniti to give it a try - and perhaps I should have purchase the M45, for that is on-par w/the other vehicles that I've owned, but it was $60K and that a-lot of $$$ for any car. No, the other vehicles were not perfect either, no vehicle is; but those vehicles never felt cheep like this one does - and clearly I'm not the only one w/this opinion.

Cheep is cheep no matter how much you pay or who manufacturers it.

Attached Thumbnails '06 G35x and ending a lease-infiniti_build.jpg  

Last edited by RLampke; 03-23-2006 at 01:14 PM.
Old 03-23-2006, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by RLampke
On the contrary, this is right off the Infiniti build site <see attached photo>

- MSRP: $39,750
- Rear spoiler: $420.00
- Front chin spoiler: $400.00

$40,570 MSRP

So I'm not sure how your vehicle stickers "fully loaded for $38K INCLUDING NYS Tax", when right off the site it's clearly more - not even including the two item that I had installed before delivery and before NYS tax. Plus, when leasing a vehicle you are not taxed on the full amount. Ya, the IS350 is not AWD, but considering the cost associated with the drop in gas mileage for the X through ownership, as you have stated, it's a wash in the end. Purchase a great set of performance snow tires and it's good enough. So in reality, again there is only a few $K difference between the two cars, and in a lease situation like mine, the extra $40-$50 per month is worth it IMO.

Everyone's expectations are different and it depends on what your use to driving. I've owned several Lexus and Acura models before - both ownership experiences have been far better than this one. I decided to go w/Infiniti to give it a try - and perhaps I should have purchase the M45, for that is on-par w/the other vehicles that I've owned, but it was $60K and that a-lot of $$$ for any car. No, the other vehicles were not perfect either, no vehicle is; but those vehicles never felt cheep like this one does - and clearly I'm not the only one w/this opinion.

Cheep is cheep no matter how much you pay or who manufacturers it.
If you paid MSRP for your car then I don't even know where to begin...
I paid invoice if not a little under and carsdirect offers it at a little over invoice... "cheap" is of course subjective... While I feel the Acura had a nicer interior as did the Lexus and BMW I didn't find it to be that drastically different. Maybe I'm a special needs case because I'm big into fitness and activities so I always have a 1 liter bottle of water on hand and I just can't imagine that functionality with the Lexus and BMWs horribly small cup holders... Outside of that though, the G interior is not THAT bad. It still beats the pants off of the competition that tops out in the mid-30s:

I had to take pix of my own, nasty and unclean interior just to prove a point. These tan interiors all over the web are god awful.

Out of all of those I think we have the best interior... The NEW BMW 3 series and NEW Lexus IS have better interiors without a doubt... but do you know why? Because they are NEW models! If the NYIAS rolls around and Infiniti still hasn't caught up to the competition and possibly exceeded it then yes, they are better cars. But comparing an '05 X to an '06 IS350 when the Lexus was just completely overhauled is VERY unfair.

Last edited by JGFox; 03-23-2006 at 04:23 PM. Reason: so many people have ugly color combos for the G35 interior
Old 03-23-2006, 04:38 PM
These tan interiors all over the web are god awful.
Hey! My interior is tan, but you're right. The dark does look better.

Old 03-23-2006, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by Twilight35x
Hey! My interior is tan, but you're right. The dark does look better.
Sorry lol.. I didn't mean to offend tan interior owners. Everyone has a different preference for car interior/exterior colors and I'm sure there are many people out who feel my interior is monochromatic.

Old 03-23-2006, 04:50 PM
Well, I do prefer a black interior but tan was all they had.

Old 03-23-2006, 05:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I LOVE my tan interior, and even though I know I'm in the minority I'm happy I have it. I just find lighter colors more inviting....plus most of my other cars had dark interiors an I was ready for a change.

The G35 ranks very high in reliability....better than the TL. Plus resale is as good as any car on the market. I honestly don't expect the new G37 interior to outshine the IS350, but if it's close (I think it will be) and still several K cheaper I'll drive right by the Lexus and Infiniti will have a repeat buyer.

Old 03-23-2006, 05:16 PM
The seat heaters on my '05 sedan get uncomfortably hot on the high setting. Something is up with yours.

Old 03-25-2006, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by RLampke
As I said - this car only works if you purchase it bare-bones, for you can get a IS350 equally equiped for $40K and it's a world better built. Besided, a fully loaded IS350 is $45K tops and my G35 fully loaded was $40K - I'd gladly pay the extra $5K in this case. Interesting how you compare this to a Kia, could not agree more.

But as you said, we'll see what's in store for the G37.
IS350 is a sweet ride if your short, if your over 6' tall it sucks...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: '06 G35x and ending a lease