G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

130 mph in my g35x today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 08:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ Not sure. What is this "turn signal" others are talking about?

Old 03-30-2006, 03:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Switching lanes like a dumbass is what i think they are saying

Speed is ok in the right places, not everywhere.

Old 03-30-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by STI&G35X
Switching lanes like a dumbass is what i think they are saying

Speed is ok in the right places, not everywhere.
I know. I was just play'n.

I agree w/ speeding at the right times. Speed limits are for those that do not recognize those times.

Old 03-30-2006, 05:01 PM
Have you guys considered that if something does gone wrong this site will essentially be your character witness should you be on trial. Everything you've ever said here reflects your ability to reason. If my attitide was that speed limits apply some of the time or not to me at all, I wouldn't post it here for the cops to read when the investigate a potential manslaughter case. Anyone remember the Souther Cal guy that went FI and spun into a lightpost and died about 2.5 years ago. The cops were here asking questions on the site and my intellignent guess is that of course they judged his attitude toward driving and the laws if he made any revealing comments. Remember the guy with the speedometer shot at 155? I can hear the prosecuter already.."Do you always take out your camera and snap photo's at 155 mph, and consider yourself a skilled driver nonetheless?"

Old 03-30-2006, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by SixFive
Have you guys considered that if something does gone wrong this site will essentially be your character witness should you be on trial. Everything you've ever said here reflects your ability to reason. If my attitide was that speed limits apply some of the time or not to me at all, I wouldn't post it here for the cops to read when the investigate a potential manslaughter case. Anyone remember the Souther Cal guy that went FI and spun into a lightpost and died about 2.5 years ago. The cops were here asking questions on the site and my intellignent guess is that of course they judged his attitude toward driving and the laws if he made any revealing comments. Remember the guy with the speedometer shot at 155? I can hear the prosecuter already.."Do you always take out your camera and snap photo's at 155 mph, and consider yourself a skilled driver nonetheless?"
The police could never prove who is actually at my computer typing. A backstreet lawyer could tear a case like that to shreds.

Old 03-30-2006, 08:44 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
that's very true, but i dun think it makes sense for ppl to post stuff like 155mph odo shot...

unless if you tell me you are at the autobarn... with a camera mounted
but well, since it is a public forum, I guess people are open to say whatever they want.

Old 03-30-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by akrus
The police could never prove who is actually at my computer typing. A backstreet lawyer could tear a case like that to shreds.
you would be surprised!!!

Old 03-30-2006, 10:51 PM
Keep it safe!

Old 03-31-2006, 12:09 AM
How would the police know we are a part of this forum?

How would they know to check here?

Old 03-31-2006, 10:00 AM
If you are on trial - a jury can reason that you WERE the guy. They can compare your car to the sig and the consistency with your life and the life of the poster. The jury is charged with determining facts from a mosaic of assertions and counters to them. Fact's never stopped anyone nor did a lack of them. Lack of proof won't stop the insurance company from blocking a payout that put the family in court for years on top of the already overwhelming circumstances.

As for the poor guy in the hypothetical, he may not be here to get charged with a crime, but the accident has to be investigated for fault and the family then gets to hear about the alleged wrecklessness of the driver and verify thier worst fears on this site. But of course it will never happen to me...

As preachy as it sounds...if you buy insurance in the first place it's because you/family need protection when things are going bad. Be careful not to make things go from bad to suicide by compunding a disaster into a nightmare. Can't help it guys - i just bought a policy and there are so many reasons they won't pay out. Negligence and carelessness are at the top of the list.

Old 03-31-2006, 09:08 PM
wow this forum has generated lots of response. I think people should be allowed to speed and do so in a safe manner. I think i will never ever drive that fast again unless its a racetrack. THe g is a great car all around, but your average driver doesnt drive at 130! It is pretty scary flying past cars like that, especially if one pulls out in front of you.

If i were pulled over by the cops, doing over double the speed limit here, I would probably have been in jail with the car impounded. Not worth the risk!

Old 04-02-2006, 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by Raznips
i got pulled over at 158.... that'll keep you from going triple digits again... or at least its kept me outa triple digits for about 10 months now.
have you done that on an empty highway?
The only times I can find an empty highway I can not do more than 140 with mine?????
there is a huge difference between driving in colorado (6000ft elevation)and in Iowa (close to sea level) therefore the top speed may be different.
But in Iowa road were loaded thererefore no speeding.

Old 04-02-2006, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by yassy
wow this forum has generated lots of response. I think people should be allowed to speed and do so in a safe manner. I think i will never ever drive that fast again unless its a racetrack. THe g is a great car all around, but your average driver doesnt drive at 130! It is pretty scary flying past cars like that, especially if one pulls out in front of you.

If i were pulled over by the cops, doing over double the speed limit here, I would probably have been in jail with the car impounded. Not worth the risk!
I came from Europe. In germany people are used to be passed at 160MPH while driving at 80 or less. people look in their mirror and are carrefull it is safe.

In this country speed limit is 75 and some drive 90MPH which I think with light traffic is safe.
However :
-our road does not have a perfect pavement.
-people are not used to be passed too fast.
Therefore it is unsafe to speed and pass people over 100MPH.

If you are speeding and you are alone on a road. Then you are not playing with other life than yours. I think a cops will understand that.
If you are speeding while there is traffic then you are playing with other life then I 100% agree with the cops.
I often go on road race track. It is amazing that not even 20% are really racer. The majority are good driver but are in trouble as soon the car get were they did not expect it to be.

When you pass someone at 120 if for any reason they slighly move from their lane and you have to avoid them. Will you be able to recover the car doing sideways in the grass at 120????

I don't want to be the stupid guys who says respect the speed limit but honestly we cannot drive as they do on the Autobahn we are not use to.

Old 04-03-2006, 04:06 AM
Originally Posted by shredX
Word. Up in Santa Fe, that is the law. Hard to enforce it when everybody's windows are tinted though.

Side note: Strtsk8r321, You skate as a hobby or profession? I street skated about 15 years. Took about 4 years off between h/s & college then picked it up until I turned 25. It's been snowboarding ever since. I picked up snowboarding to compensate for skating in the winter & it became my current passion. I've actually relocated w/ my job 3 x to keep near the mountains.
I used to skate but not really anymore. I wasnt really good or anything, just did it for fun.

Old 04-03-2006, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by smoke1
I came from Europe. In germany people are used to be passed at 160MPH while driving at 80 or less. people look in their mirror and are carrefull it is safe.

In this country speed limit is 75 and some drive 90MPH which I think with light traffic is safe.
However :
-our road does not have a perfect pavement.
-people are not used to be passed too fast.
Therefore it is unsafe to speed and pass people over 100MPH.

If you are speeding and you are alone on a road. Then you are not playing with other life than yours. I think a cops will understand that.
If you are speeding while there is traffic then you are playing with other life then I 100% agree with the cops.
I often go on road race track. It is amazing that not even 20% are really racer. The majority are good driver but are in trouble as soon the car get were they did not expect it to be.

When you pass someone at 120 if for any reason they slighly move from their lane and you have to avoid them. Will you be able to recover the car doing sideways in the grass at 120????

I don't want to be the stupid guys who says respect the speed limit but honestly we cannot drive as they do on the Autobahn we are not use to.

well thats why I said I will likely never speed like that again

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 130 mph in my g35x today