G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Static Electricity Shocks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 09:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by Streaker
I have put up with getting jolted each and every time I get out of my G and close the door. But I can't handle it any more. I don't have the problem nearly as much while getting in, but out is no fun. I fact, it HURTS.

The static electricity is driving the wife and I nuts. Years ago a static strap was available for just this problem. Now, I walk into an auto supply store and ask for one and all I get is blank stares.
I'm sure that I'm not the only one having this problem because I searched and found a thread that discussed it with out any solution before it deteriorated into lunacy.
Has anyone solved this problem? Any suggestions??
Thanks
Chuck
Thanks guys. I do appreciate all of the sympathy but what I'm looking for is answers. I have NEVER had a car that drives as well as this one, but that shock every time I get out of it and get that big static electricity shock is really pi$$ing me off.
I'm sure that one or more of us very intelligent folks out there has got to have a solution. Right?
OK, now put on your thinking caps and let's get this done.
Thanks
Chuck

Old 03-29-2006, 09:56 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have put up with getting jolted each and every time I get out of my G and close the door. But I can't handle it any more. I don't have the problem nearly as much while getting in, but out is no fun. I fact, it HURTS.

The static electricity is driving the wife and I nuts. Years ago a static strap was available for just this problem. Now, I walk into an auto supply store and ask for one and all I get is blank stares.
I'm sure that I'm not the only one having this problem because I searched and found a thread that discussed it with out any solution before it deteriorated into lunacy.
Thanks
Chuck
This thread is a joke, this happens with all cars, why do you think they tell you not to get back into your car and out again while fueling.

Old 03-29-2006, 09:58 AM
It used to happen to me in my previous cars, and now I'm traumatized when getting out of any car. Talk about shock therapy (torture is probably a better word than therapy)! I've grown a habit of grounding myself before stepping out of the car...by grabbing a metal part of the door before I step out.

Damn! Now, how do I ground myself before grabbing the damn freezer doors at the supermarket?!?!?! Those shock the hell out of me sometimes, too!

Old 03-29-2006, 01:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
It's due to dry weather (I believe)...it won't happen in warm climates (like those of you from CA & Georgia above)...only where it is cooler & the air is different (whatever that means). The reason I say this is it only happens here in the northeast in the fall/winter time. In the spring/summer....it NEVER happens. It happens w/ my car w/ leather..but I think non-leather is worse due to the friction of when you slide out of the car (that's what charges your body up). Anyone else agree? My solution is don't leave your car....

Old 03-29-2006, 09:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmyc13
It's due to dry weather (I believe)...it won't happen in warm climates (like those of you from CA & Georgia above)...only where it is cooler & the air is different (whatever that means). The reason I say this is it only happens here in the northeast in the fall/winter time. In the spring/summer....it NEVER happens. It happens w/ my car w/ leather..but I think non-leather is worse due to the friction of when you slide out of the car (that's what charges your body up). Anyone else agree? My solution is don't leave your car....
That will help! And you are right, it is due to dry weather, you get it on the carpet at home during the winter. Can't blame the car!

Old 03-29-2006, 09:56 PM
yeah i get it everytime too. It's really easy to avoid though. Always touch some metal on the car and you will never get shocked. I do it every time now. When you are out of the car, just let go of the metal and you will NEVER get shocked. i usually open the door, hold the outside of the door, walk out, and let go.

Old 03-30-2006, 11:27 AM
Yeah, it's the dry weather. Happens every winter here with the dry Chicago air. Never happened to me in all the years I lived in Miami.

Old 03-30-2006, 12:32 PM
HAHA I thought it was only me who got shocked when I close the door of my G35x!!!

Old 03-30-2006, 05:36 PM
Years ago a static strap was available for just this problem. Now, I walk into an auto supply store and ask for one and all I get is blank stares.
Is this what you're looking for?
http://members.***.net/ylosk/private...rth_ground.htm

Old 03-31-2006, 08:15 AM
Originally Posted by Coreman
I do thank you for the info because I do want one of those straps. But the email address does not seem to work and my system cannot find the website either.
I need some help. Were you able to go to the site? Please answer here or PM me.

Thanks

Old 03-31-2006, 01:25 PM

Thanks
Chuck
I have located a source for four static straps. Since I only need one that leaves three for someone else. Would any of you folks be interested in stopping those static electricity shocks for about $13 delivered?? I'm not really sure on the price but I'm very close.
Please let me know if you are interested.
Thanks