G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Starting my breathing mods, need advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 06:41 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Starting my breathing mods, need advice

Hi guys, i just bought my 2006 G35 Sedan RWD 5AT ,and i'll order breathing mods soon, so i need your help for the intake, i'd like to buy either stillen or jwt with the z-tube, but i don't know which one is better, i like the stillen because it looks nice and OEM look under the hood, but i like the jwt filter (cuz i have a pop charger on my 350z), so i was wonder if any of you guys have the stillen intake and tried to fit in the jwt filter in it and did it fit? also which one would you recommed.

And now for the plenum, i was thinking about the MREV+ with the plenum spacer, i don't want to remove the engine cover because i like it, so does anyone have the MREV+ on his car??? i have the Crawfords plenum installed on my 350z and i like it, but i don't want to remove my engine cover or cut it to fit, so what do you suggest to do?? get MREV+ or a plenum??
And by the way MREV+ is showing more HP and TQ gains more than any other after market plenums?

As for the headers i'm thinking about Nismo headers, crawfords hi-flow cats and Fujitsubo exhaust, KJR pully and 350z Sun Auto voltage stabilizer kit (it should fit and work even if i had to modify the bracket).

Any piece of advice that would help me to make up my mind??

Old 04-09-2006, 09:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't speak for most of your listed mods, but I can about the M-REV and z-tube/ stillen box combo. I have the M-REV 5/16 copper (live in canada) very easy install, everything fits back together and the gains are impressive. The cold air system is also a easy install, not to sure about hp gain ,stillen claims around 14 hp on there web site, but by reading all the postings on this forum I would guess maybe around 5 hp, but it's the intake noise that will make it all worth it.(05 sedan mt6)...hope this helps

Old 04-10-2006, 05:38 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmm, did anyone install a jwt filter in stillen cold box instead of their filter???

Old 04-10-2006, 07:56 AM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by G35s-Dude
Hmm, did anyone install a jwt filter in stillen cold box instead of their filter???
This has been done.

Old 04-10-2006, 08:42 AM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Stillen CAI is a PopCharger with a sealed box to help with hot air. The JWT heatshield is a joke and doesn't work well. The Stillen out of all the intakes has been proven to be the best one for air temp and power. Plus it looks good under the engine bay.

MREV+ comes with the engine spacer. You get the 5/16 spacer with it and you still can use the engine cover.

I would not worry about headers on the REV up engine. Get a CatBack Dual Exhaust like Stillens. It is where most of the power is gained in the exhaust. Headers gain really nothing on this car that is worth the money.

Originally Posted by G35s-Dude
Hi guys, i just bought my 2006 G35 Sedan RWD 5AT ,and i'll order breathing mods soon, so i need your help for the intake, i'd like to buy either stillen or jwt with the z-tube, but i don't know which one is better, i like the stillen because it looks nice and OEM look under the hood, but i like the jwt filter (cuz i have a pop charger on my 350z), so i was wonder if any of you guys have the stillen intake and tried to fit in the jwt filter in it and did it fit? also which one would you recommed.

And now for the plenum, i was thinking about the MREV+ with the plenum spacer, i don't want to remove the engine cover because i like it, so does anyone have the MREV+ on his car??? i have the Crawfords plenum installed on my 350z and i like it, but i don't want to remove my engine cover or cut it to fit, so what do you suggest to do?? get MREV+ or a plenum??
And by the way MREV+ is showing more HP and TQ gains more than any other after market plenums?

As for the headers i'm thinking about Nismo headers, crawfords hi-flow cats and Fujitsubo exhaust, KJR pully and 350z Sun Auto voltage stabilizer kit (it should fit and work even if i had to modify the bracket).

Any piece of advice that would help me to make up my mind??