G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

The snoop in your sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2003, 09:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The snoop in your sedan

http://www.msnbc.com/news/963677.asp?0cv=CB20

This article talks about the black boxes in cars. The data is used by law enforcement and by auto makers in lawsuits.

Thought it would be of interest.

Have a healthy day!
93 J30t, Black on Black
03.5 G35, Black on Black

Old 09-09-2003, 01:08 PM
Re: The snoop in your sedan

just dont buy your kids cars with more than 110 hp ! solution solved. Anyone my age (21) does not deserve nor has the mental discipline to drive a sports car. If kids really want to drive sports cars there should be a new licensing where its basically comparrable to the super car license or whatever those F1 drivers take to be even qualified to drive. If a kid thinks they are man enough and good enough driver to drive like an [censored] they better prove it in a vigourous real drivers test

Old 09-09-2003, 02:47 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, I don't necessarily agree that all kids don't deserve good cars. I went to M school on the east coast when I was 15, and took "offensive" driving (learning how to handle different kinds of cars in different road conditions, wet-weather driving, J-turns, etc). because I wanted to learn how to truly drive. At 21, I'd driven over 200k miles on my two cars... some people work at becoming good drivers. I would agree, though, that an overwhelming majority of people shouldn't be allowed to drive. Not just those that are 21, but I'd venture a guess at 70% of the US population. At least, that's how it feels when I'm driving... no one can do it for ****.

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint

Old 09-09-2003, 03:51 PM
IQ9

If you ask your dealer to flash the box they will, but as they stated it can always be recovered for a price[img]/w3timages/icons/mad.gif[/img]

03.5 Sedan/B. Silver/Prem/Winter/Aero/Tint/Rims
69 Chevelle Hard Top BB/4.11's/Posi

Old 09-09-2003, 06:31 PM

so do g35s have this box

Old 09-09-2003, 06:49 PM

well geobau u proved yourself that you are capable of handling the car, ie the M course and thats what needs to be done. A true drivers test so taht young kids can be judged by what they relaly do know. Help weed out the rest of that 70% and not allow them to have the car

as for the box in the g35 dont think we do, i would assume they would have advertised it when selling

Old 09-09-2003, 07:24 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin

We have a box that records control inputs and environment just prior to airbag deployment. That's how engineers get a lot of their data from the real world...

I think that the incredibly inconsistant license requirements from state to state, or city to city are to blame in the US. It seems that the farther south I go, the less stringent the requirements. ie. in Tennessee, you need to drive up a long, straight road, make a U-turn, and drive back. Tada-- driver's license. That is just ridiculous. The gauntle that you go through in some European countries is ridiculous... I guess that's why they make sweet cars, and we make plastic ones.

G

Old 09-09-2003, 08:27 PM
IQ9

Are they even plastic[img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

03.5 Sedan/B. Silver/Prem/Winter/Aero/Tint/Rims
69 Chevelle Hard Top BB/4.11's/Posi

Old 09-10-2003, 08:14 AM
Cactus Hugging Admin

It's too bad he doesn't respect the SHO [img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img] I remember when my dad got one in '91, that's the only car I ever wanted to drive. I was so happy when I got one for my b-day... I remember my mom said "Now, we gave you all that power for emergencies and to stuff, not to speed" My dad went "HAH!" and then immediately adopted the serious, "sorry dear" face. Parents, gotta love em.

G

Old 09-10-2003, 09:27 AM
Unimaginative, Indecisive User

lol geobau a good driver? hmm... didn't your car end up in a small tree a few weeks ago? [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

<font color=purple>.g35girl.</font color=purple>

Old 09-10-2003, 09:34 AM
Cactus Hugging Admin

Because some butt-hole sonofab*tch kid took a hacksaw to both a stop sign and its corresponding "stop ahead" sign at 3am on a country road I'd never driven. If you want to take a tour of the intersection (over the crest of a hill, and an intersecting gravel road), I'll be more than happy to take you. One thing I don't take sh*t on is my driving ability.
[img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img] If I ever, EVER find someone doing this, I swear that I'll steal their hacksaw and handcuff the little dirtbag to the stop sign.

G

Old 09-10-2003, 09:54 AM
Unimaginative, Indecisive User

ah 2 words... anger management. this is not very becoming behavior for a guy who wants to be a g35driver mod. haha j/k.

i think i'll pass on the country road tour. i'm not into driving in gravel with my car. i've seen too many backroads and know that highways are best for me (and my G).

<font color=purple>.g35girl.</font color=purple>

Old 09-10-2003, 10:02 AM
Cactus Hugging Admin

When did I say I wanted to be a mod? That sounds like work! I'm just bitter because some kid's need to have a stop sign in his room apparently was worth $7k in repairs and a month without my G. Not to mention insurance rates. Tell me you wouldn't be slightly peeved [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

So, I reiterate, next time I see someone cutting down a stop sign, their butt is mine [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

G

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The snoop in your sedan