G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Installed my Coupe Midpipe...yeah that was fun.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 12:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveB
I didn't change the Y-pipes. I just removed the Y-pipe/midpipe together so that I could the unit in my front yard to work on breaking the nuts loose. After the nuts were broken loose, I reinstalled the y-pipe.

Dave that was in response to that Texas guys post, but he since deleted it, sorry for the confusion

Old 05-07-2006, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveB

With air tools and a lift this install would have been cake. One of these days I'll have both

I'm 32 year young, but my body is beat to hell today.
Abslolutely, with air tools and a lift it's a breeze. Hehehe . . . I was very fortunate when I installed my exhaust and swat bars. I got use of a lift along with the air tools. Nonetheless, I gotta hand to you folks whom embark on these sort of mods the old fashion way. I'd probably be in traction this morning, if I tried to do what you did.

Old 05-07-2006, 04:57 PM
Premier Member

Andy, I installed my Stillen Sway bars yesterday and it was a breeze as well. But I was mostly impressed with how much of a difference it made with the way my car handles now. I wasn't expecting THIS much of a difference, but my gosh, I can't wait to hit the track now!

Old 05-07-2006, 10:57 PM
do you prefer the stillen sways to stock for street driving?

Is it a trade off like you lose street quality but gain track perfromance? or is it better all around

Old 05-07-2006, 11:26 PM
Premier Member

I noticed the ride did get slightly stiffer compared to the stock sways. I don't think enough to hurt daily driving. You really notice it when you start turning. You can always soften them up some to the soft settings. But for any type of emergency that requires me to make a sudden lane change, this car will stick.

Better all around I would say.

Old 05-08-2006, 12:22 AM
My horns hold up my halo
Hate to see that you had such an "adventure" with the swap but I'm sure you will find it worth the effort in the coming months.

Old 05-08-2006, 12:25 AM
what is ur deal trey's wife? u r trey's wife and he is trey hutchinson or something. is he over seas? do you guys each have a G or share?

Old 05-08-2006, 12:56 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BigSash
what is ur deal trey's wife? u r trey's wife and he is trey hutchinson or something. is he over seas? do you guys each have a G or share?
LOL . . . Cheryl?

Old 05-08-2006, 08:08 AM
My horns hold up my halo
what is ur deal trey's wife?
You need to be a bit more specific in that question dear.

u r trey's wife and he is trey hutchinson or something.
And? (and it's hutcheson)

is he over seas?
No, he's most often in the next room or downstairs when he isn't at work. Does it matter that he is or isn't overseas? Does it shock you that I'm here at all or does it bug you that women are on this site in general?

do you guys each have a G or share?
I have one and he has one. If you look at the signatures, we have the details of the cars respectively listed. Again, I must ask what difference would it make in general.

**Now let me preface this next part with the fact that I read this response while still sleepy and annoyed that I must get up this early in general.**
Is it such a big freaking deal that a woman is into cars? Are those of us who know something besides how to put gas in a car and start it such a rare thing? And why have several people had reason to hold issue with the fact that I have a screen name that directly associates me with my husband? First, off why does it matter to anyone else and second, is there something wrong with a woman *wanting* to be associated with her husband? I am more than capable of being my own person - ask anyone who knows me - but I am also quite happy to be associated with my husband. If I weren't, I certainly wouldn't be married to him.

I have no idea what the intent behind the original questions was but the way it is written and given my current mood - this is what they incited.

Old 05-08-2006, 08:25 AM
Out of many - one people
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^wow!

Old 05-08-2006, 11:45 AM
Woah you totally took that the wrong way. See now, even after you went irate over nothing, I'm not even going to call you a bitch just to show you how wrong you were.

I am not sexist just wanted to know, because it is rare that you see a husband and wife on the same forum. Now I have never been a shovanist but your unprovoked "moodiness" and inclination to read everything with your sexism defenses up only feeds into the thinking that you were referring to.

jeez lady

Old 05-08-2006, 11:46 AM
One Thing For People Who Have Yet To Put On The Middy Is To Go And Get Some P.b. Blaster. Spray The Bolts And Let Sit For About 10 Minutes And It Will Help Get The Bolts Loose. It's The Best Stuff I've Used

Old 05-08-2006, 11:47 AM
yeah we tried some still had to cut

Old 05-08-2006, 12:11 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Woah you totally took that the wrong way. See now, even after you went irate over nothing, I'm not even going to call you a bitch just to show you how wrong you were.

I am not sexist just wanted to know, because it is rare that you see a husband and wife on the same forum. Now I have never been a shovanist but your unprovoked "moodiness" and inclination to read everything with your sexism defenses up only feeds into the thinking that you were referring to.

jeez lady
I normally let her do her own thing on here without getting involved, but I can't stand by when you level words like bitch at her.

When she posted her response to you, she asked me to read your original message. I did, and I got the exact same impression that she did. Maybe it's your tone, or whatever, but that post was not the first time you've come across as a bit harsh.

Now, there's no reason to clutter up DaveB's thread with this discussion. If you want to take it to PM, please feel free to do so.

Carry on.

-----
About here is where we need that "eating popcorn/drama smiley"

Old 05-08-2006, 12:44 PM
haha lol gotta call in the big guns huh treys wife? I never called her a bitch bro, and if you read it as a "harsh" comment that must be based on your own repressed angst towards her.

I'm sure if you go back and re read the post you will see that it is neutral if anything. next time i will sprinkle sugar on top so you know it is sweet. don't be so defensive I won't steal her, she's not my type

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installed my Coupe Midpipe...yeah that was fun.