G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Installed my Coupe Midpipe...yeah that was fun.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 12:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I asked if you were based overseas because your location says "depends who is speaking" so I thought that might mean that you were overseas (possibly in the middle east) and that you guys sometimes share an account so the location changes depends on who uses it. Thinking this was the case I thought how great it was that the two of you use the forum to stay in touch but alas I was wrong sorry for the confusion but you both over reacted

Old 05-08-2006, 01:05 PM
My horns hold up my halo
OK. Let me take a nap and things get all crazy. First off, if you think I'm a bitch then that is certainly your choice. I'm not particularly worried either way - I'm sure lots of people do.

Second, I stated clearly that my statements were somewhat tainted by my mood at the time. However, I would give a slight word of suggestion. Try not to be too short in your questions. It did very much come off like you had some issues there - the questions were "snippy" in the wording. Being in a thread about something completely unrelated it also comes off a little confrontational. If you had put even a sentence or two of your reply to Trey in the first one I would have been able to see what your "voice" was. Normally things like that don't matter but we all don't know each other in most cases and reading things can be very deceiving to the tone intended. I will take your word for it that you were not being nasty and just curious. I'm sorry that I jumped your case about asking.

As for calling in the "big guns" - let me assure you that I had nothing to do with his comments. I had no idea said comments were even made until about 5 minutes ago (roughly 11:40am central). I am well capable of fighting my own battles but we do defend one another when we feel it is warranted. I think the comment he was responding to was warranted of that. Let's just be honest here "I'm not even going to call you a bitch just to show you how wrong you were" is no different than saying it. You'll find I don't care for symantics games and let's just leave it at that. I don't want to continue what you state is not an argument.

Dave, sorry to clutter your thread. I am truely sorry that you had so many problems with your install. At least you will have a good story to tell over beers at BarBQ's.

Old 05-08-2006, 01:16 PM
oh please dave doesen't care lol

Old 05-08-2006, 01:20 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by BigSash
haha lol gotta call in the big guns huh treys wife? I never called her a bitch bro, and if you read it as a "harsh" comment that must be based on your own repressed angst towards her.

I'm sure if you go back and re read the post you will see that it is neutral if anything. next time i will sprinkle sugar on top so you know it is sweet. don't be so defensive I won't steal her, she's not my type
Dude, you crossed the line. You need to step away from the computer and end this now. You were rude and so far uncalled for especially what you said.

Old 05-08-2006, 01:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
^^What a waste of a thread now after all that......

DaveB - wow..what an ordeal! Glad to hear it worked out in the end. I too recommend the HKS sport muffler as mentioned above....that'll also solve your looking for nice exhuast tips .

Old 05-08-2006, 02:08 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by trey's wife
Dave, sorry to clutter your thread. I am truely sorry that you had so many problems with your install. At least you will have a good story to tell over beers at BarBQ's.
I tend to bring out the drama. No worries

Old 05-08-2006, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by Andyl
One Thing For People Who Have Yet To Put On The Middy Is To Go And Get Some P.b. Blaster. Spray The Bolts And Let Sit For About 10 Minutes And It Will Help Get The Bolts Loose. It's The Best Stuff I've Used
I agree, PB Blaster is awesome, but sometimes the nuts/bolts are just too far gone. The stuff I used is a high end product from PB. I let them soak for 20 minutes plus I banged the pipes with a rubber mallet to work in the liquid. With 10 or so years of automotive repair experience, I knew the nuts would be a pain and most likely wouldn't budge without a huge fight. It's amazing how much torque it takes to break loose a rusty nut that's only suppose to be torqued with around 30 lb/ft. I was easily putting 120+ ft/lbs to that nut with the 18" breaker bar

Old 05-08-2006, 05:11 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
I guess the moral to the story is, Sometimes you have to use ft/lbs to get things going the way you like. No pun intended.

Old 05-09-2006, 12:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Hybrid_DET
I guess the moral to the story is, Sometimes you have to use ft/lbs to get things going the way you like. No pun intended.
LOL

Old 05-09-2006, 05:24 PM
Geeze Dave..good going, usually I start the drama in here. LOL

Old 05-09-2006, 10:17 PM
Well, at least you got a little bit of the sound back from the borla...too bad the power isn't there too.

Old 05-10-2006, 09:57 AM
Anyone else notice low rpm vibrations caused by the resonance of the coupe midpipe especially at low speeds when the rpms are rolling along at 1500-1700rpms? I'm so use to the car being ultra smooth. Above 2000rpms it's fine, but when rolling along in stop and go traffic (which is often where I live), it can get a bit annoying. I'm debating on whether or no to keep it the pipe on or not.

And yes, there is nothing contacting the midpipe.

Old 05-10-2006, 10:16 AM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
If you get rid of it, sell it to me Dave. I've also heard of some resonance from the lengthened Z middy also

Old 05-10-2006, 10:36 AM
If you install the 2005 sedan mid pipe it will get rid of that vibration (drone) and you will still get most of the power/sound enhancement over stock 2003

Old 05-10-2006, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
If you get rid of it, sell it to me Dave. I've also heard of some resonance from the lengthened Z middy also
I'm going to put a band clamp around the rubber hanger on the midpipe. If this doesn't quell the issue, I'll PM you. You're in Seattle right?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installed my Coupe Midpipe...yeah that was fun.