G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

2007 Sedan Discussion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 10:38 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
2007 Sedan Discussion

If you want to read some pretty funny, yet ignorant comments read the posts from this website. I honestly thought they were quite funny...especially this moron's comments.

"This car is a spitting image of a lexus IS. I cannot believe no one sees the similarities between the interior design and lexus' interior design. Not to mention the tail lights and the striking similarity in the front. Once again, in my opion, Infiti falls WAY behind everyone else and is left copying the masses."

http://www.autospies.com/article/ind...&categoryId=12

Last edited by Garnet Canuck; 06-29-2006 at 02:17 PM.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:03 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
LOL..... what a pile of

Old 06-29-2006, 11:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by canuck
If you want to read some pretty funny, yet ignorant comments read the posts from this website. I honestly thought they were quite funny...espcially this moron's comments.

"This car is a spitting image of a lexus IS. I cannot believe no one sees the similarities between the interior design and lexus' interior design. Not to mention the tail lights and the striking similarity in the front. Once again, in my opion, Infiti falls WAY behind everyone else and is left copying the masses."

http://www.autospies.com/article/ind...&categoryId=12
I like checking the AutoSpies Web site for some good information and spy shots, but the majority of the ppl over there are way, over-the-top Bimmer drivers, most of which have the unfortunate close-minded, snobby attitude of "there's nothing better than BMW."

Hey, I can appreciate Bimmers too, but having an open mind is always a good thing. I am not brand loyal; I've driven Lexus, BMW, and Infiniti to name a few. All make very decent cars, which have their advantages and disadvantages. I am in the market for a new car at the end of this year, and I will be exploring all my options which include the Infiniti '07 G35 Sedan, the M45, the Lexus GS450h and even the BMW 335i.

btw - the new '07 G35 Sedan looks nothing like the Lexus IS350 - exterior or interior; a little closer to the BMW (exterior), but much more of an evolution of itself.

Old 06-29-2006, 11:07 AM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by bsgoren
I like checking the AutoSpies Web site for some good information and spy shots, but the majority of the ppl over there are way, over-the-top Bimmer drivers, most of which have the unfortunate close-minded, snobby attitude of "there's nothing better than BMW."

Hey, I can appreciate Bimmers too, but having an open mind is always a good thing. I am not brand loyal; I've driven Lexus, BMW, and Infiniti to name a few. All make very decent cars, which have their advantages and disadvantages. I am in the market for a new car at the end of this year, and I will be exploring all my options which include the Infiniti '07 G35 Sedan, the M45, the Lexus GS450h and even the BMW 335i.

btw - the new '07 G35 Sedan looks nothing like the Lexus IS350 - exterior or interior; a little closer to the BMW (exterior), but much more of an evolution of itself.
Totally agree! Btw, how has the recovery from your accident been going?

Old 06-29-2006, 11:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by canuck
Totally agree! Btw, how has the recovery from your accident been going?
Wow, you remember!!! Thanks for asking. No recovery at all, thank G-d and thank you Infiniti for making a very safe car! Yes, my beloved '04.5 G35 was totaled more than a year ago, and I've been driving our loaded FX35 ever since. It comes off lease in Jan., so I'll be getting into a new car this Dec. One thing I really love about the FX is the exhaust note; I wonder if the new '07 G35 Sedan will have a similar exhaust sound with its new dual exhaust.

I may end up with another G35 or an M45...I'm going to look at them both and test-drive them back to back in Nov. or Dec. Then, I'll compare them with the other cars I mentioned in my previous post, and make a decision. Originally, I had my heart set on an '07 M45, but becuase Infiniti decided not to update the M35/45 (with the new VQ engine and/or tweak the M45's V8 engine) until at least '08, it's made my decision a bit more difficult. The G35 looks great with 306HP (and nearly all the high-tech goodies as the M) and $20k less than the M45, and the BMW 335i twin turbo with 300HP looks interesting too. I'll know a lot more in 4-5 months.

Last edited by bsgoren; 06-29-2006 at 11:38 AM.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:42 AM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by bsgoren
Wow, you remember!!! Thanks for asking. No recovery at all, thank G-d and thank you Infiniti for making a very safe car! Yes, my beloved '04.5 G35 was totaled more than a year ago, and I've been driving our loaded FX35 ever since. It comes off lease in Jan., so I'll be getting into a new car this Dec. One thing I really love about the FX is the exhaust note; I wonder if the new '07 G35 Sedan will have a similar exhaust sound with its new dual exhaust.

I may end up with another G35 or an M45...I'm going to look at them both and test-drive them back to back in Nov. or Dec. Then, I'll compare them with the other cars I mentioned in my previous post, and make a decision. Originally, I had my heart set on an '07 M45, but becuase Infiniti decided not to update the M35/45 (with the new VQ engine and/or tweak the M45's V8 engine) until at least '08, it's made my decision a bit more difficult. The G35 looks great with 306HP (and nearly all the high-tech goodies as the M) and $20k less than the M45, and the BMW 335i twin turbo with 300HP looks interesting too. I'll know a lot more in 4-5 months.

Yep, I remember! Glad to hear you have had no nagging injuries because of the accident. Hopefully you'll get another G and spend some more time on Driver.....I've always respected your posts. I plan on taking the plunge this fall and trading my 03 in on the 07.

Old 06-29-2006, 09:27 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Have to agree Shane with you about some of the obvious biased and baseless comments on there.

d

Old 06-29-2006, 09:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn, Shane, you mean it looks nothing like the IS? No wonder, Infiti is an Italian race car driver.