G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

rosewood trim not available on Sport? 18 inch rims not available on non-sport?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 10:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On many luxury cars, it is real wood. (Although it is a thin veneer laminated onto the plastic trim.) But, with the smooth, glossy laquer finish on it, I think most people probably think it is plastic. From the pictures I've seen of the matte finish on the Infiniti rosewood trim, it is one of the most real looking wood trims I've seen in a car.

Old 09-09-2006, 10:47 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr_Ryte
The rosewood trim and Sport package combo may not be available now, but that may change in a year or two.
Maybe, but I doubt it. Sport packages are tyically associated with aluminum trim or CF, while luxury packages offer wood. I am a big fan of a nice wood grain interior and wish I could of gotten it on my G35 Sport, however I doubt you will see this change in the future.

Old 09-10-2006, 02:26 AM
Originally Posted by canuck
Maybe, but I doubt it. Sport packages are tyically associated with aluminum trim or CF, while luxury packages offer wood. I am a big fan of a nice wood grain interior and wish I could of gotten it on my G35 Sport, however I doubt you will see this change in the future.
I'm willing to bet that if enough people demand it(or more likely Infiniti loses potential sales due to it) then Infiniti will make the necessary accomodations to keep the G selling.

Old 09-10-2006, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by mikepro
On many luxury cars, it is real wood. (Although it is a thin veneer laminated onto the plastic trim.) But, with the smooth, glossy laquer finish on it, I think most people probably think it is plastic. From the pictures I've seen of the matte finish on the Infiniti rosewood trim, it is one of the most real looking wood trims I've seen in a car.
I think you may have hit the nail on the head, when you said veneer. I looked at my 98 Maxima window sticker, and all it says is "Wood Trim." $429

When you peel the plastic off (warped due to heat or sun), what you literally have left is something that looks like wood, but glued onto a cardboard backing, and flexible. The "wood" is about as thick as paper. I bet it's the same for all the cars--just think, would a craftsman be making these dash pieces in a workshop? Of course not! It has to be something thin enough to be trimmed by a machine. My guess is since there are no FTC laws regarding what constitutes genuine wood on a dash, perhaps a paper-thin veneer qualifies? That's my guess....just picture how laminate flooring compares to hardwood flooring, that's what I'm thinking, with the dash being the laminate...

Old 09-10-2006, 10:15 AM
Well, I want the wood trim so I guess the sport is out. I really like the front bumper on the non-sport better too. So that's 2 points for the non-sport.

But I'll lose the paddle shifters that I wanted and the 18 inch tires I wanted if I get the non-sport.

The Lexus IS350 is out of the question (no back seat). The new BMW 3 series is out of the question (hate the Bangle'd body styling & the local dealer's service is so bad I would not consider one for that reason alone).

Old 09-10-2006, 10:51 AM
i hate how u cant get black interior on an IP such crap

Old 09-10-2006, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by Railgunner
Well, I want the wood trim so I guess the sport is out. I really like the front bumper on the non-sport better too. So that's 2 points for the non-sport.

But I'll lose the paddle shifters that I wanted and the 18 inch tires I wanted if I get the non-sport.

The Lexus IS350 is out of the question (no back seat). The new BMW 3 series is out of the question (hate the Bangle'd body styling & the local dealer's service is so bad I would not consider one for that reason alone).
+1.

I was truly looking forward to having a G35 sedan with the regular bumper, sport seats with adjustable thigh bolsters and rosewood trim. If it's not available on the sedan then hopefully it will be on the coupe....

...we'll see.

On a side note, maybe the sport seats(with the thigh bolster adjustment) will be available in a few on all other Infiniti models as well.

Old 09-10-2006, 01:09 PM
Looks like someone got wood trim on a sport

Note the paddle shifters...

Was this some kind of prototype or something?

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/181809

Old 09-10-2006, 02:18 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
That was in Dubai I think; might be different options available there, or a prototype?

I know for the car I just ordered there are about 50 different interior options/configs not available in Canada. :/

Old 09-10-2006, 02:59 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Note the paddle shifters...

Was this some kind of prototype or something?

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/181809
That was a pre-production model in Dubai a couple of months ago, so don't read too much into it. Like picus already stated above, it's possible that there are different options available there. I got excited myself a couple of months ago when I saw the Sport model with the rosewood trim.

Last edited by Garnet Canuck; 09-10-2006 at 03:56 PM.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:32 PM
Question Performance Tire and Wheel Package

Did I read correctly that someone said above that the sport wheels are not available on a base/journey? If so, then what is the purpose of the Performance Tire and Wheel Package? I was hoping I could get my Rosewood dash and sport wheels by getting a Journey with Rosewood and buying this wheel option.

Old 09-11-2006, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by SammyWah
Did I read correctly that someone said above that the sport wheels are not available on a base/journey? If so, then what is the purpose of the Performance Tire and Wheel Package? I was hoping I could get my Rosewood dash and sport wheels by getting a Journey with Rosewood and buying this wheel option.
Getting a 2007 Infiniti G35 Journey is the only way to get the Performance Tire and Wheel Package and the wood trim together.

Performance Tire and Wheel Package ( Availability ): G35 Journey
Wood Trim ( Availability ): G35 Journey, G35x AWD

Old 09-14-2006, 01:00 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
This lack of wood trim in the sport package is really bothering me. I wonder how much it would be to just buy the wood trim pieces and replace it on a sport package equipped G.

If it's too pricey, I hope someone comes out w/ carbon fiber overlays to go over that aluminum. IMO, Infiniti should have just stuck w/ the brushed aluminum which looks so much more classy than the faux washi-paper look aluminum which really seems more like that spray on texture you can buy in an aerosol can.

Old 09-14-2006, 09:29 AM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
burtman industries are usually the ones selling nice aftermarket kits especially for the M-series with carbon fiber and extra rosewood available.

i like the aluminum trim but the aftermarket will definitely be out there

Old 09-14-2006, 09:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can anyone tell me which bumper is which?

Attached Thumbnails rosewood trim not available on Sport?  18 inch rims not available on non-sport?-120_2058.jpg   rosewood trim not available on Sport?  18 inch rims not available on non-sport?-120_2060.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: rosewood trim not available on Sport? 18 inch rims not available on non-sport?