G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

rosewood trim not available on Sport? 18 inch rims not available on non-sport?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 12:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rosewood trim not available on Sport? 18 inch rims not available on non-sport?

OK... I'm starting to feel jerked around. wtf can't I get rosewood trim in the sport? And if I can't then wtf can't I get 18 inch rims on the non-sport?

Back on the fence... waiting for the new 3 series BMW sedan now before deciding.

Old 09-09-2006, 12:42 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Railgunner
OK... I'm starting to feel jerked around. wtf can't I get rosewood trim in the sport? And if I can't then wtf can't I get 18 inch rims on the non-sport?

Back on the fence... waiting for the new 3 series BMW sedan now before deciding.
Yep, you are correct. The african rosewood is not available when getting the Sport package. I wanted that myself, but was SOL. If you get the non sport model, I am sure you could place a separate order for the 18" wheels...however it would cost $$$$. You may as well go aftermarket IMO.

Old 09-09-2006, 12:45 PM
confused

Where is this info that you can't get rosewood with sport package from?

This thread on options packages does not say anything about this. Just says preium package required for rosewood trim?

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v36-2007-08/114952-2007-g35-official-specs-packages.html

Old 09-09-2006, 12:53 PM
I agree, Infiniti's options are so limited, why can't they allow more customization?

why can't they offer more than trims like wood and metal, how about some carbon???? and why interior color only limited to black and tan? even BMW got terra and red. This is what upsets me the most.

Old 09-09-2006, 12:56 PM
Traveling Administrator
Where is this info that you can't get rosewood with sport package from?
My dealer gave me an extensive spec sheet with all of the packages and what is available in each package. It might be different with US models, however I HIGHLY doubt it.

Old 09-09-2006, 12:57 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by elyk
I agree, Infiniti's options are so limited, why can't they allow more customization?

why can't they offer more than trims like wood and metal, how about some carbon???? and why interior color only limited to black and tan? even BMW got terra and red. This is what upsets me the most.
Interior choices are graphite, wheat, and stone. From my own experience, Infiniti has just as much customization (or lack there of) than any other manufacturer that I have dealt with.

Old 09-09-2006, 01:11 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

If you get the non-sport, I would imagine there will be 07 OEM 18" Sport wheel take-offs for sale, soon after the cars hit the streets. Usually you can get a reasonable deal for the used sets with tires and they are like new.

Old 09-09-2006, 01:27 PM
Is the wood real on the Infinitis? I thought so on my 98 Maxima way back when, and paid $429 for the wood dash. Years later, about 5, it all "delaminated" and I saw that under the plastic, the wood was actually cardboard. I always wondered on more premium cars, like any of the Lexus/Infiniti/BMW/Jaguar what have you, is there really any difference?

We all probably know what hardwood floors are, from yesteryear and today, vs. laminate. But with the cars, it's hard to tell imho what's under the plastic without dissecting it!

Old 09-09-2006, 01:30 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by John105
Is the wood real on the Infinitis? I thought so on my 98 Maxima way back when, and paid $429 for the wood dash. Years later, about 5, it all "delaminated" and I saw that under the plastic, the wood was actually cardboard. I always wondered on more premium cars, like any of the Lexus/Infiniti/BMW/Jaguar what have you, is there really any difference?

We all probably know what hardwood floors are, from yesteryear and today, vs. laminate. But with the cars, it's hard to tell imho what's under the plastic without dissecting it!
Infiniti states that it is genuine African Rosewood. We'll for ourselves soon enough.

Old 09-09-2006, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by canuck
Interior choices are graphite, wheat, and stone. From my own experience, Infiniti has just as much customization (or lack there of) than any other manufacturer that I have dealt with.
I've never bought a Honda before, but coached various relatives on their deals and even arranged them by phone and online. I thought that the lack of options made it very easy to compare Hondas, almost as if they're a commodity. The last relative got a Accord LX Spec Ed for below invoice, which I think is rare for Hondas, what a car for 19,600 brand new. The price if you can believe it has gone up about $700 since 2 mos. ago, despite being closer to the newer model. Another relative cannot obtain that pricing today....

I guess my point is lack of options or packages may be good for shopping/negotiating, because often salesmen try to offer "the same deal" with less equipment...

Old 09-09-2006, 02:27 PM
The rosewood trim and Sport package combo may not be available now, but that may change in a year or two.

Old 09-09-2006, 02:34 PM
The genuine African Rosewood trim is only available on the 2007 Infiniti G35 Journey and G35x AWD models. The Performance Tire and Wheel Package is only available on 2007 Infiniti G35 Journey ( it's standard on the 2007 Infiniti G35 Sport and G35 Sport 6MT models ).

Old 09-09-2006, 04:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by John105

Was the wood dash you paid for a factory or an aftermarket that the dealer installed?

Old 09-09-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
Was the wood dash you paid for a factory or an aftermarket that the dealer installed?
It was factory, and was on the window sticker from Nissan. On the gearshift piece it has the Nissan logo. I was told even though it's on the window sticker, it's actually installed at the port of entry. The pieces that didn't delaminate are all cloudy looking, it's pretty bad. That's why I wonder if in a more expensive car, whether it's real wood or the same as what I have in the Maxima. I guess the idea is if you build the piece well enough so it never comes apart, you could take wood-grained contact paper (like the ones grandma used to cover her shelves with) and seal it in plastic!

Old 09-09-2006, 05:29 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I assume the wood is the same as in the M, in which case it is real wood. I actually know the person who supplies it; its the same wood used by many speaker manufacturers - it's really nice stuff.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: rosewood trim not available on Sport? 18 inch rims not available on non-sport?