G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

New Infiniti dealership coming to Ann Arbor, MI

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 10:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Infiniti dealership coming to Ann Arbor, MI

Went to the BMW dealership to drive the new 335/328 coupes. They finally moved into their new building that they have been working on for a few months. I found out that they are leasing their old building to a new Infiniti dealership. That will be sweet, I think there are only 2 others in the entire freaking state. One is relatively close, about 30 miles away. The guy said he thinks they are going to be opening in a couple of months... maybe right around when the new G35 comes out! It would be nice to buy the car and have a relationship with a dealer so close.

So... about those BMW's: I drove an Auto and a manual 335i coupe today, as well as an auto 328 coupe. They are nice looking cars. I don't think I would pay the price premium for the 328. Wasn't very excited by it. But, the 335 is pretty nice. I think the automatic is one of the nicest auto trannies I've ever driven. Super, super fast shifting, very smooth, downshift rev matching, nice manu-matic mode with the paddle shifters. I hope the Infiniti auto comes close to this. The manual was amazing too, felt much better than the 330i manual I drove. Much crisper shifting. For such a torque/horsepower beast, the car is surprisingly drivable. I was shocked when I saw I was doing 90 on the on ramp.

I could get a manual 335 sedan with premium and cold weather package for around 38k doing European delivery. I'm estimating a G35 loaded with premium and navigation could be negotiated for under 35k (especially once they do VPP pricing). Not a huge difference, but you certainly get much more in the G35. From all the reviews, it sounds like it drives at least 98% as good as the BMW, so if everything else as nice, I think I'd rather pocket the price difference and go with the G35, (or maybe G35x). What might put me into the Bimmer is if it leases out better, since for teh first time ever, I think I might lease my next vehicle. Just can't wait to see and drive the '07's in person!!!!

Old 09-09-2006, 11:47 PM
BMW leases are outstanding... I was going to lease a 335i ($47K or so) for about $660/month for 36 months, 15K miles a year. That's only $161 more per month than my G35x loaded and it's a lot more car too.

Old 09-10-2006, 10:06 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by JGFox
BMW leases are outstanding... I was going to lease a 335i ($47K or so) for about $660/month for 36 months, 15K miles a year. That's only $161 more per month than my G35x loaded and it's a lot more car too.
I agree, but since I'm getting a replacement for my POS '05x, I get to stay in the same lease, so that's tought to beat. Nevertheless, there are some great lease rates going on w/BMW here also.

Old 09-10-2006, 10:22 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by mikepro
I'm estimating a G35 loaded with premium and navigation could be negotiated for under 35k (especially once they do VPP pricing). Not a huge difference, but you certainly get much more in the G35.
You must get one good discount. Although final pricing is not set yet, the Infiniti rep that I'm dealing with said my replacement would sticker out @ around $43K. This is for a fully-loaded '07 G35s w/ActiveSteer.

Last edited by RLampke; 09-10-2006 at 11:36 AM.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by RLampke
You must get one good discount. Although final pricing is not set yet, the Infiniti rep that I'm dealing with said my replacement would sticker out @ around $43K. This is for a fully-loaded '07 G35s w/ActiveSteer.
Well, I'm just basing those numbers on 2006 prices plus a $1000 price increase. Hopefully that will be pretty close to the actual number. I only want the premium and navigation package.

Old 09-11-2006, 10:18 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by mikepro
So... about those BMW's: I drove an Auto and a manual 335i coupe today, as well as an auto 328 coupe. They are nice looking cars. I don't think I would pay the price premium for the 328. Wasn't very excited by it. But, the 335 is pretty nice. I think the automatic is one of the nicest auto trannies I've ever driven. Super, super fast shifting, very smooth, downshift rev matching, nice manu-matic mode with the paddle shifters. I hope the Infiniti auto comes close to this. The manual was amazing too, felt much better than the 330i manual I drove. Much crisper shifting. For such a torque/horsepower beast, the car is surprisingly drivable. I was shocked when I saw I was doing 90 on the on ramp.
Speaking of - I got a call this weekend from my dude over at the BMW store. He invited me [and other previous owners] to come over and drive the new 335i coupe and the new 335i sedan [sedan should be in shortly]. I'm going to head over there and drive the coupe if I have time this weekend - so I'm curious as to your findings. I don't know about you, but I hate the transmission in the current G - shifts about as fast as my RX350.

There is however a nice review of this car at TTAC that seems to concur w/your findings as well. It’s also worthy to mention that this car got 28 MPG on a new motor during this test – wow; that is incredible BTW, they are showing the wrong interior photo:

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=2204

Last edited by RLampke; 09-11-2006 at 10:38 AM.