G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Updated G35 minisite

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 09:52 AM
"It’s never enough”
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don’t know if any body noticed this but every body says that the nav is not going to be touch screen and Infiniti is saying that it will be. Go to the site click innovation then click on navigation system and read the little paragraph.

Old 09-22-2006, 09:59 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by G35DORME
I don’t know if any body noticed this but every body says that the nav is not going to be touch screen and Infiniti is saying that it will be. Go to the site click innovation then click on navigation system and read the little paragraph.
Perhaps one can turn on/off the touch-screen functionality and this is why there are conflicting reports - or it has not been calibrated.

Old 09-22-2006, 10:00 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Yeah, Infiniti has been stating that it will be touchscreen all along. I think that the reports of it not being touchscreen are probably from not knowing how to use it yet.

Old 09-22-2006, 10:07 AM
Awesome pics - totally photoshopped but who cares. I used to not care about wood inside a car but I'm starting to love it. That soft lighted shot of the light color interior and wood definitely looks great. I have a feeling it's going to be hard to get all the little options and colors I want in one package - if I ever get one.

Old 09-22-2006, 10:10 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by jawjaw
Awesome pics - totally photoshopped but who cares. I used to not care about wood inside a car but I'm starting to love it. That soft lighted shot of the light color interior and wood definitely looks great. I have a feeling it's going to be hard to get all the little options and colors I want in one package - if I ever get one.
Ya, these pics are very massaged but that's what advertising is all about - everyone does it. BTW, is this Infiniti's attempt at fog lights or are these the turn signals…?

Attached Thumbnails Updated G35 minisite-g35lights.jpg  
Old 09-22-2006, 10:39 AM
07G
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It also has Infiniti Voice Recognition - (From the 2007 M site) The system recognizes the natural inflections of your voice and lets you control audio and climate settings, cell phone functions with the vehicle's Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone System, and many functions of the available Infiniti Navigation System, including entering a destination. All without moving your eyes from the road, or your hands from the wheel.

Old 09-22-2006, 10:51 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by 07G
It also has Infiniti Voice Recognition - (From the 2007 M site) The system recognizes the natural inflections of your voice and lets you control audio and climate settings, cell phone functions with the vehicle's Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone System, and many functions of the available Infiniti Navigation System, including entering a destination. All without moving your eyes from the road, or your hands from the wheel.
It's about time the G came into the new Millennium - Acura has been doing this for years

Old 09-22-2006, 11:19 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by canuck
Definitely some nice new shots of the interior. That Wheat interior with Rosewood looks VERY nice IMO.

I noticed that it mentions 150 hours of playtime on the 9.5gb hard drive. If you averaged 5 minutes per song, that would be about 1800 MP3s. Not to shabby at all.....it is certainly enough for me.

Btw, thanks to the OP for sharing.
I agree Shane, the wheat looks great with the rosewood, and everything else, the dash color is nice too!

Old 09-22-2006, 11:34 AM
DWP
Originally Posted by jawjaw
Well, for starters, you'll have to choose between the Rosewood/Wheat interior and a manual transmission. Nissan won't let us have both. In fact, the Rosewood/Wheat interior won't be available with any Sport model, manual or automatic. The assumption seems to be that riders will fancy the beige-with-wood look, but that drivers will want the gray-or-black-with-metal look. Not necessarily so.

Old 09-22-2006, 11:37 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by DWP
Well, for starters, you'll have to choose between the Rosewood/Wheat interior and a manual transmission. Nissan won't let us have both. In fact, the Rosewood/Wheat interior won't be available with any Sport model, manual or automatic. The assumption seems to be that riders will fancy the beige-with-wood look, but that drivers will want the gray-or-black-with-metal look. Not necessarily so.
I myself would of preferred the Rosewood interior on my 07 Sport....but had to settle for the aluminum trim. It would of been nice if the Rosewood was offered along with the Sport package.

Old 09-22-2006, 11:42 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by DWP
Unfortunately a'la carte is not something the automotive industry is known for.

Old 09-22-2006, 12:00 PM
I don't like that either.

Why can't you get wood if you want a Sport model? You can get wood with the M35/45 Sport. But not with the G35 Sport?

With the 3 series, you can get a variety of different interior trim choices, whether or not you get the Sport package.

Old 09-22-2006, 12:07 PM
"It’s never enough”
I wonder if there going to give us some nice looking keys instead of the gay ones we have now.

Old 09-22-2006, 12:11 PM
DWP
Originally Posted by RLampke
Unfortunately a'la carte is not something the automotive industry is known for.
For sure, and less so with every passing year. Single-item options are becoming rarer because they are being grouped together into costly packages. At the same time, interior and exterior color choices are being restricted to specific models and packages based upon assumptions of what most buyers will want. I'm not saying that Nissan is obtuse or irrational by doing this. No doubt their movement away from mix-and-match is based upon historical sales patterns and customer preference surveys. It makes good economic sense for the company and the dealers because it simplifies production and inventory management. Buyers are probably more likely to take a car with features that they don't want than a car that lacks features that they do want. Still, not long ago I had a BMW with a beige/wood interior and a manual transmission - beautiful car - and it gripes me a bit that I can have one or the other but not both in a G35.

Old 09-22-2006, 12:23 PM
I want a 2007 Infiniti G35x AWD with the African Rosewood trim, but I like the front fascia and wheels on the G35 Sport better. ( The non-G35 Sport front fascia might look better in real life, but in the photos so far it doesn't. ). If I get the G35 Sport I lose the option of having African Rosewood trim and a softer ride. ( I'm not into feeling every bump in the road when I'm driving. ) I know none of you have driven the G35 Sport yet, but do you think that the ride in the G35 Sport will be a lot stiffer when compared to the G35x AWD? Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Updated G35 minisite