G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

$1000 Saving on 07 G35 Sedan (Nissan Sport Magazine)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 02:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$1000 Saving on 07 G35 Sedan (Nissan Sport Magazine)

I was surfing the web and came across the Nissan Sport Magazine website. The cover page (shown below) says that there's an article inside on how to save $1000 on the new 07 G35 Sedan. I was wondering if anyone has this magazine and if they would be so kind as to share the contents of that article.

Old 09-28-2006, 12:44 PM
Basically, Grubbs Infiniti is giving all Nissan Sport subscribers $1,000 off a pre-order of the '07 Sedan. They are located in TX. You can go there and pick it up or have them ship it to you for a fee (still less than $1,000). My family has purchased several Infinitis from Grubbs that way and we've always been pleased. I personally own an 05 Sedan.

Our new issue has a review of the 07 Sedan, details on the new VQ, etc. Our Winter 07 issue will feature a detailed analysis and first drive of the new G35 Sedan by our senior editor David Muramoto. He's actually flying to San Fran next week for Infiniti's official media event on the new G and will be grilling their engineers for details that, frankly, only enthusiasts would care about. But hey, we are an enthusiast magazine and our readers want those details.

To subscribe to Nissan Sport and get the premiere issue (along with a free copy of our newsletter, INSIDER), go to www.nissansportmag.com or call circulation at 505-771-2374. And enjoy the $1K discount and all the upcoming stories on the 07 G35. Qs? Write me directly at editor@nissansportmag.com.

Dave Bexfield
Managing Editor, Nissan Sport
www.nissansportmag.com

Old 09-28-2006, 01:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Nissan Sport ed
He's actually flying to San Fran next week for Infiniti's official media event on the new G and will be grilling their engineers for details that, frankly, only enthusiasts would care about.
Where is the media event held? Is it open to the public? I'm from San Francisco.

Old 09-28-2006, 01:14 PM
You can go there and pick it up or have them ship it to you for a fee (still less than $1,000).
From the Grubb Infiniti site, I found the following:
Miscellaneous:
All prices are FOB 1661 West Airport Freeway, Euless, TX 76040 but we can arrange shipping to anywhere in the lower 48 states for an additional cost:

• $850.00 per car if shipped to Washington State, Main, Wyoming or Oregon.

• $725.00 per car everywhere else.

• $200.00 more for a QX56.

Sales tax and registration fees are payable in the state you register the vehicle. You pay no sales tax in Texas unless you register it here. The only fees that are in Texas are a State Inspection Fee $39.50 and Inventory Tax .002378 of the purchase price.

Financing is available through Infiniti Financial Services.

NOTICE REGARDING SHIPPING

Even though we take every possible precaution we do not live in a perfect world. Unexpected things can and do happen.

It is extremely important that you understand that the car is your property. It has been paid for and cannot be returned to the dealer for any reason. Any and all shipping claims are between you, the purchaser, and the transport company. Grubbs Infiniti will assist you whenever possible.

Once the vehicle leaves the care and custody of Grubbs Infiniti we will not be held responsible for any damages that may occur while the vehicle is in the care and custody of the transporter.

The purchaser is responsible for inspecting the vehicle upon arrival. DO NOT SIGN the delivery receipt until you have inspected it.

Prior to shipment, Grubbs Infiniti will totally prepare the vehicle for delivery, including thoroughly cleaning it inside and out.

Once the delivery receipt is signed you will not be able to make a claim for any damage.

Old 09-28-2006, 01:20 PM
$1,000 below MSRP plus the shipping rate doesn't equal a very good deal for everyone outside of Texas.

Old 09-28-2006, 01:21 PM
Alas the media event is closed to public. But don't be surprised is you see a fleet of new Gs on the streets. Those are the journalists testing out the car. And if you see one driver going faster than the others, it's probably Muramoto. He's a licensed SCCA instructor and campaigns a 350Z. He knows the current VQ inside and out, so he'll be able to provide some expert feedback on the new VQ that is inside the '07 Sedan.

One more thing on Grubbs. They are a long-time sponsor of Nissan Sport (back when it was Sport Z Magazine) and I asked if there was anything special he could do for subscribers on the new G. Actually I was shocked when he said he'd do a full grand for our readers. I doubt any other dealer will offer a discount on the new G, and I'd expect many to add in a bit of sticker markup.

Of course with the car running $725 to ship (see other post), your best bet might be to fly to TX and make it a fun road trip.

Dave Bexfield
www.nissansportmag.com

Old 09-28-2006, 04:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by S L I C K
$1,000 below MSRP plus the shipping rate doesn't equal a very good deal for everyone outside of Texas.
It's a good thing I am about 5 minutes from this dealership. Looks like I'm getting a subscription.

Old 09-28-2006, 06:42 PM
Alas the media event is closed to public. But don't be surprised is you see a fleet of new Gs on the streets.
Again, not to sound like a stalker or anything, but can you provide the specific details on the media event? I can at least sit patiently with my Canon SD700IS and try to take some snapshots to share on this board. I promise I'll behave and won't harrass any of the drivers.

Old 09-28-2006, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by S L I C K
A fool and his money are easily parted, as they say. The 2k6 sedan is selling for below invoice, around $4100 under list (adds up to great resale, huh?). Add their "inventory fee" and TX state inspection and you're getting $850 under list. Add shipping and...forget it. It's a great deal!

Last edited by John105; 09-28-2006 at 08:00 PM.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:50 AM
it's an unreal deal, and i will be subscribing as well and making the 2 and a half hour drive from OKC to select my vehicle. i am getting EXTREMELY antsy waiting for the official pricing to be announced!!!

Old 09-30-2006, 03:26 PM
Sorry, Nissan isn't posting the route for the '07 Sedan test. We have no idea. They are flying us in (along with other magazines), putting us up in a hotel, and giving us a fleet of Gs to put to the test. I'm sure it will be on some fun twisties. The best info I can give: look for the Gs from Oct 3-6 in and around Palo Alto.

Dave Bexfield
www.nissansportmag.com

Old 09-30-2006, 05:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I sure hope Infiniti releases pricing soon. Otherwise I'm going to end up in a BMW.

Old 09-30-2006, 07:36 PM
Sorry, Nissan isn't posting the route for the '07 Sedan test. We have no idea. They are flying us in (along with other magazines), putting us up in a hotel, and giving us a fleet of Gs to put to the test. I'm sure it will be on some fun twisties. The best info I can give: look for the Gs from Oct 3-6 in and around Palo Alto.

Dave Bexfield
www.nissansportmag.com
I also live and work in San Mateo, just 15 mins from Palo Alto. I wish you had more info!!!

Old 10-01-2006, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by 3-fity
I sure hope Infiniti releases pricing soon. Otherwise I'm going to end up in a BMW.

ouch!

Old 10-02-2006, 12:23 AM
here you go... BMW - $10,000 = MSRP