G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Qs on the 07? Post ASAP for Nissan Sport senior editor; he drives the G 10/5!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 09:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qs on the 07? Post ASAP for Nissan Sport senior editor; he drives the G 10/5!

Nissan Sport magazine's senior editor and SCCA instructor David Muramoto is testing the new 07 G35 Sedan this Thursday. His detailed review of the new car (as well as the new VQ) will be in the Winter 2007 issue of Nissan Sport.

In addition to the write-up, we'd like to get your specific questions answered. Post your questions on the new G35 here in this thread and Mr. Muramoto will go a hunting for answers when he drives the car and meets with Nissan/Infiniti officials. Thanks!

Dave Bexfield
Managing Editor, Nissan Sport
www.nissansportmag.com

Old 10-03-2006, 10:39 AM
I'd like to know how the ease of steering is (subjective I know). Some previous reviews said there was an issue w/ the speed-sensitive steering and that it felt a little out of place or was slow & jerky to react. Also, I remember the last time I test-drove a Nissan, the steering wheel took much more effort to turn than the Acuras/Hondas I tested.

Old 10-03-2006, 03:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Nissan Sport ed
Nissan Sport magazine's senior editor and SCCA instructor David Muramoto is testing the new 07 G35 Sedan this Thursday. His detailed review of the new car (as well as the new VQ) will be in the Winter 2007 issue of Nissan Sport.

In addition to the write-up, we'd like to get your specific questions answered. Post your questions on the new G35 here in this thread and Mr. Muramoto will go a hunting for answers when he drives the car and meets with Nissan/Infiniti officials. Thanks!

Dave Bexfield
Managing Editor, Nissan Sport
www.nissansportmag.com
Dave, one thing I'd like to see is a in person critique of the new interior, fit and finish, comfort, etc. I've seen some comments here based on photos, not first hand in person view of things, that's what counts, not photos.
Thanx
Your neighbor!

Old 10-03-2006, 03:56 PM
Concours d'Elegance
Dave: I'd like to know how the 900 rpm redline increase to 7500 rpm will effect the overall powerband. Will we lose some low-end around town? Does it pull smoothly from zilch to WOT?

Old 10-03-2006, 04:03 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I want to know if it feels like it's 3600 pounds.

I want to know if the stiffer shocks/springs of the sport model react well to unrest.

I want to know how the 1>2 shift feels. I want to know how the shift feels at low speeds, high rpm, and most importantly, AT REDLINE(specifically, I can shift 1>2 just fine at 6500, but at 7k, it takes twice as long).

I want to know how quickly the automatic shifts in manumatic mode; is it as lazy as the current version?

I want to know if the lsd has been improved.

I want to know if the road noise from the rear wheel wells is as prevalent as current models.

I want to know if the brakes want to give up after a few panic stops.

I want to know how it handles an autox event; how does it to in quick counter-transition.

I'm sure I'll think of more later.

Old 10-03-2006, 04:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how does the road noise & wind noise compare to prior G sedans?

Old 10-03-2006, 04:57 PM
Is it just me, or am I hearing a WHOLE lot of stories of rattles, wind noise and road noise? Man, that scares the crap out of me. My last car (VW Touareg) was a rattle trap to the point I had to get rid of it (in addition the alarm going off randomly as well and unbelieveably poor service)...Please tell me how well the car is built and how quiet it is, except when you drop the hammer and then the sweet sound of the sporty dual exhaust rings perfectly in your ears...I have been a German car nut, but after years of "little" issues, I decided to try a Japanese made vehicle for quality reasons...Tell me I won't be dissapointed in the quality and craftmenship of this car!

Old 10-03-2006, 05:06 PM
Question

I'd like to know how the "music box" is going to work. ie. will it support advanced file tagging, can you edit song names/info once they get on the hard disk, what does the display look like, how easy is it to navigate through a lengthy song list, etc.

Old 10-03-2006, 06:21 PM
Why is wood trim not available in the sport model? I'll end up getting the non-sport because of this and I'm not the only one.

Old 10-03-2006, 08:12 PM
Will he be testing the Sport or non-Sport?

Old 10-03-2006, 08:18 PM
We don't know which model of 2007 G35 Sedan Muramoto will be testing. There may be a couple. That is up to Infiniti. I'll be shooting over all of the posts in this thread to David Weds. night so he can best answer your Qs.

Old 10-03-2006, 08:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, here I am on-site in San Francisco. No details to provide yet as my Nissan hosts are keeping all the route info under wraps. Haven't even seen any of the press cars as yet, but we won't be allowed to sample the '07 G35s until Thursday. Tomorrow we'll sample the newest iterations of the Sentra and Altima.

Whow- that's a lot of questions! I'll do my best to offer some thoughts and answers for each one. Wonder if this kind of service is what all the OTHER automotive magazines are offering?! LOL. Glad to do it- hope it will help to earn some of your business in the future!

David Muramoto
Senior Editor
Nissan Sport Magazine

Old 10-03-2006, 11:33 PM
Ivory Pearl on black? why is this always not an option?

how does the BOSE studio on wheels really sound, compared to the premier systems out there.... ML etc

Old 10-03-2006, 11:34 PM
Get the Sport and add wood trim later

If you want the Sport model for the 6 speed, for the automatic with paddle shifters, for the wheels/tires, for the sport seats, etc, don't sacrifice all of those things for the wood trim. On my 2003 sedan, I found that the wood trim could have been added later very easily, and fairly cheaply. This time, I'll go for the Sport and see if I want to add the wood later.

The only question I have is whether the factory rosewood on the 07 model can easily be swapped for the aluminum after purchase. See if you can tell if the trim pieces look like they can be snapped or screwed in place like the wood trim on the current model.

Old 10-03-2006, 11:51 PM
I would basically like to know two things:

1. Will the steering-wheel mounted paddle shifters be offered as an option on the other automatic models, such as the G35X?

2. Will the iPod integration kit be available as an option for the 2007 models at a later time? If it will be offered as an option on the 2008 models, can it be retro-fitted on a 2007 model?

I am sure a few other folks would like to know this as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Qs on the 07? Post ASAP for Nissan Sport senior editor; he drives the G 10/5!