G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Qs on the 07? Post ASAP for Nissan Sport senior editor; he drives the G 10/5!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 01:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dkmura
DaCurryman- steering was accurate and true. Good turn-in feel and nicely weighted at speed.
Thanks!! That's very good to hear. I look forward to testing it out.

Stay tuned for some potentially controversial comments on the Bose in my NSM article(s).
uh oh...this kinda scares me...

DaCurryman- besides damayor's answer, why not just drop the car off and keep the Intelligent key in your pocket? The car will remain running until the valet parks it, then he can hit the "stop/start" button and the car will shut down and lock itself until you give the valet your IK at the end of the evening to pick it up again.
Yeah, that def sounds like an option. It will take some time to get used to I imagine.

Can't wait to read the full review in NSM...

Old 10-07-2006, 04:03 PM
So is the nav touchscreen or not?

Old 10-07-2006, 05:00 PM
"the wood trim is spec'd to non-sport models for both concept and production reasons. The new 'washi' textured accents will be featured on the Sport models".

That sounds bad. If it's spec'd for "production" reasons then I'm assuming there's something different with the measurements in the sport console and dash that prevents the non-sport trim from "fitting" the sport.

I had already talked with a dealer about the possibility of swapping out the aluminum trim for the Rosewood but it doesn't sound like that will work.

I'm really hesitant to let the dealer try and rip the dash apart to swap the trim anyway. I doubt they would get it back togather without leaving rattles and such.

From looking at the wood trim, I don't see anyway you could get to any screws holding it on other than tearing the dash out.

Just guess I'll end up going with the non-sport.

Old 10-07-2006, 05:14 PM
It's probably because the sport is the only one with a manual available, and that makes the console a bit different, as we have seen in pictures of the manual. So, they probably decided they did not want to have a set of wood trim made for the manuals. I would suspect if you get an auto sport, you could swap the trim. They probably didn't want to offer it on the sports if it waas for automatics only, too confusing.

Old 10-07-2006, 05:27 PM
I suspect that both the wood and alum. trim is glued on. It would not suprize me if the only way to get the wood trim from the factory would be to buy the a new console and dash and that would would be too expensive.

All the after market wood kits I have seen have a high gloss glassy finish.
The reason the wood trim in the infiniti looks so good is that it does not
have this high gloss finish.

Old 10-07-2006, 07:22 PM
thanks!

Old 10-07-2006, 09:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GoofyG28
Thanks again! I don't remember where I read this, but someone said the dead/rest pedal and the accelerator pedals are at uneven heights, causing your knees to bend at different angles. Not a big deal, but any feedback about that? ... Or were you having so much fun, you didn't notice anything?
The truth is that I never noticed any problem utilizing either the dead pedal or throttle. Call me dense, but my knees were happy!

Old 10-07-2006, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by psteng19
So is the nav touchscreen or not?
Once the nav screen is activated, it's control interfaces are a full-color touchscreen.

Old 10-07-2006, 10:55 PM
What single thing stood out the most to you from the current G other than perhaps the new interior?
And thanks for all of your previous responses!!

Old 10-08-2006, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by BAlex
What single thing stood out the most to you from the current G other than perhaps the new interior?
And thanks for all of your previous responses!!
Good question, but if I reveal that little gem, I'd be compromising my G35 article in Nissan Sport Magazine! It's currently in the works, so look for that answer and much more in my review.