G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Test drove this evening

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 10:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DirtySouth
Awesome Writeup. You are so lucky!!! Did you get to do any spirited driving? How did the actual acceleration compare to the current G?
I did some spirited cornering, mostly right turns when traffic was clear enough to take the turns at speed. As I mentioned, there was almost no body lean, the car tracked predictably and the steering felt great. I downshifted with the paddles several times and got great acceleration. When I accelerated strongly while leaving the transmission in Drive, there was some delay as the transmission downshifted and the revs built up. But if you shift manually or with the paddles, the response is much more positive.

Compared with the current G, acceleration off the line is much more immediate and the car feels faster, way faster than my '03 sedan.

Old 10-12-2006, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by Boomer23
I did some spirited cornering, mostly right turns when traffic was clear enough to take the turns at speed. As I mentioned, there was almost no body lean, the car tracked predictably and the steering felt great. I downshifted with the paddles several times and got great acceleration. When I accelerated strongly while leaving the transmission in Drive, there was some delay as the transmission downshifted and the revs built up. But if you shift manually or with the paddles, the response is much more positive.

Compared with the current G, acceleration off the line is much more immediate and the car feels faster, way faster than my '03 sedan.
That sounds great. I hope the AWD version is peppy as well.

Old 10-13-2006, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by psteng19
Not at all. It gives drivers a sense of how much gas they're using at that exact moment, making them more conscious about wasting fuel from flooring it from light to light.

I'm sure with the addition of these in cars, people have been driving more conservatively.
^+1. I always turn on that instant mileage readout when I am on a rental, just to see how good my mileage can achieve. It's like a challenge game. Yes, company paid gas and I still do it. Sigh.... i think I am getting old

Old 10-14-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by Boomer23

While driving, the dash display shows a multi-function trip computer. It shows instant gas mileage on a bar graph, and toggles to show outside temp, miles and time since last re-set, and some other stuff. The toggles are controlled by the switches on the right side of the dash hood. The bar graph is useless when you're in traffic, showing infinite gas mileage when you're coasting, or 8 mpg when you're accelerating. But it might be useful when you're cruising.

I also drove the new G35 sport yesterday and put a desposit down for one. I've been a loyal Lexus fan for awhile, and I'm coming from an optioned out IS300. Last weekend I drove the new IS350 and was impressed, but it just didn't feel right overall. After driving the G yesterday, I fell in LOVE with it and wrote a check right then and there! Truly an amazing car.

Here's my question, I ordered 6 speed manual Sport, Premium, and Technology, will I get the same dash display as Boomer mentioned in the stick shift version? I really liked this feature, but I'm not sure if it will come on a manual car. What do you guys think?

On a side note:this is my first post. From what I've seen thus far, this site is REALLY nice and the posters seem friendly and knowledgeable. Great to be here!

Old 10-14-2006, 02:15 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by CatOrtega3881
Here's my question, I ordered 6 speed manual Sport, Premium, and Technology, will I get the same dash display as Boomer mentioned in the stick shift version? I really liked this feature, but I'm not sure if it will come on a manual car. What do you guys think?

On a side note:this is my first post. From what I've seen thus far, this site is REALLY nice and the posters seem friendly and knowledgeable. Great to be here!
Congrats on your deposit and welcome to the board.

To answer your question, yes you will get the same dash display with the 6MT. The only thing you will lose by getting the 6MT is the rear vents.

Old 10-14-2006, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by canuck
Congrats on your deposit and welcome to the board.

To answer your question, yes you will get the same dash display with the 6MT. The only thing you will lose by getting the 6MT is the rear vents.

Thanks, Canuck.

By the way, I liked the paddle shifting a lot, and really wanted to get a car with this feature. Sometimes stick shift driving in New Jersey traffice is a real pain in the ***! However, after driving the paddle shift version, there were two things I didn't like. The first was that they didn't move with the wheel. As you might expect, this was a real problem when trying to downshift in the apex of near 90 degree turns. The second problem was that the auto transmission with this package was only a 5 speed...not sure why they did this. I will say that the paddle shifting was fairly smooth and VERY fun.

I recommend to everyone interested in this car to get out and drive it. The performance and looks (both inside and out) are nothing short of amazing. And it's going to be MUCH cheaper than a comparably equipped Bimmer, IS350, or Mercedes C350 Sport. You really can't overlook the value here.

Now if I could only decide which color to go with...liquid platinum or obsidian black...Does anyone know if the Obsidian Black is a metallic color?

Old 10-14-2006, 02:38 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by CatOrtega3881
Thanks, Canuck.

By the way, I liked the paddle shifting a lot, and really wanted to get a car with this feature. Sometimes stick shift driving in New Jersey traffice is a real pain in the ***! However, after driving the paddle shift version, there were two things I didn't like. The first was that they didn't move with the wheel. As you might expect, this was a real problem when trying to downshift in the apex of near 90 degree turns. The second problem was that the auto transmission with this package was only a 5 speed...not sure why they did this. I will say that the paddle shifting was fairly smooth and VERY fun.

I recommend to everyone interested in this car to get out and drive it. The performance and looks (both inside and out) are nothing short of amazing. And it's going to be MUCH cheaper than a comparably equipped Bimmer, IS350, or Mercedes C350 Sport. You really can't overlook the value here.

Now if I could only decide which color to go with...liquid platinum or obsidian black...Does anyone know if the Obsidian Black is a metallic color?
Glad to hear you like the paddle shifters. I ordered a 5AT Sport so I will have them as well and am really looking forward to them. I had to go with the 5AT since my wife doesn't drive a manual. I would prefer the 6MT, but it's not that big of a deal.

Black Obsidian is not a metallic, it is a 2-stage pearl. The only colors that are metallic is Lakeshore Slate, Platinum Ice, Diamond Graphite, Blue Slate, and Serengeti Sand.

Old 10-14-2006, 02:55 PM
I went to check out / test drive the 2007 Infiniti G35 yesterday and now I'm going to check out / test drive the 2007 Infiniti G35 again today at another local Infiniti dealership. You can never have enough of the 2007 G!