G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

African Rosewood Picture

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 01:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GoofyG28
That pic is wheat for sure. Here's Stone. Note the black steering and plastic trim:

I LOVE the stone interior. The combo of a black dash with the light leather is so sexy with the new interior design. It would be even better, if like the M, the carpet and lower trim were also black.

Old 10-17-2006, 01:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ElixXxeR
I LOVE the stone interior. The combo of a black dash with the light leather is so sexy with the new interior design. It would be even better, if like the M, the carpet and lower trim were also black.
I'm sure you can get the graphite lower trims later on and swap them. Same for the carpet, it shouldn't cost much.

Old 10-28-2006, 08:55 PM
I took some pics of a Liquid Platinum today with graphite interior and rosewood trim. Sorry for the blurry pics from my K750i phone.

I have to admit, I've never been a wood kinda guy, but the dark rosewood (not laminated or coated) with the dark interior is very, very classy, especially for this sedan.

Old 10-28-2006, 10:19 PM
WOW! I'm psyched - this is the interior color combo I have on order, and I have to say I'm very happy I went with this option. Graphite and the satin finish of the medium-stained rosewood is just perfect - and c'mon, how can you not love that grain?

The only thing I think is missing is the beauty of a wood-and-leather steering wheel, but that's a personal thing. Mmm...rosewood trimmed steering wheel. That'd be hot.

(on another note - has anyone ever seen the literal stone trim on some of the MB CL-class models? now that's ridiculous...)

Last edited by wavelengths; 10-28-2006 at 10:21 PM.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by GEE35X
That is a good pic of the wood trim. Personally I like the more sporty look of aluminum trim. I just feel the wood trim better suits a big old luxury cruiser. I also checked with the other half and asked if she would like the wood trim and it was an emphatic "no". Really it's just a matter of personnal taste.
+1...
i'd never get it...:/

Old 10-28-2006, 10:21 PM
I hope it doesn't scratch easily. With the washi brushed aluminum, you're only adding to the artist look if you scratch it. Maybe I'll etch my name somewhere .

Old 10-28-2006, 10:27 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
I hope it doesn't scratch easily. With the washi brushed aluminum, you're only adding to the artist look if you scratch it. Maybe I'll etch my name somewhere .
I am looking forward to seeing this Washi trim in person. Some people really like it and some haven't......I just can't wait to see it for myself.

Old 10-28-2006, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by canuck
I am looking forward to seeing this Washi trim in person. Some people really like it and some haven't......I just can't wait to see it for myself.
I think if you don't like it too much to begin with, then seeing it in person will convince to... "accept" it more, not necessarily fall in love with it. If you like it but wasn't confident in it, seeing it in person will make you feel more relieved because it looks classier than in pictures.

Seeing the rosewood on graphite in person made me a believer. I'm still young and want modern/contemporary/sleek, so I love the fancy aluminum.

Old 10-28-2006, 10:33 PM
Traveling Administrator
I think if you don't like it too much to begin with, then seeing it in person will convince to... "accept" it more, not necessarily fall in love with it. If you like it but wasn't confident in it, seeing it in person will make you feel more relieved because it looks classier than in pictures.

Seeing the rosewood on graphite in person made me a believer. I'm still young and want modern/contemporary/sleek, so I love the fancy aluminum.
I really like what I see in pictures, so I am sure I will like the washi in person. I must admit though, I still really like the looks of the African Rosewood.

So yours will be in sometime late December eh? You must be going crazy like myself.

Old 10-28-2006, 10:36 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey I know the guy who makes that rosewood; well, farms it anyway. He uses the same stuff on the speakers he makes - I have some in my living room. It's beautiful stuff. I'm more an aluminum guy myself, but I definitely like the matte wood finish Infiniti is using more than the laquered stuff other manufacturers use.

Old 10-28-2006, 10:40 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by picus112
Hey I know the guy who makes that rosewood; well, farms it anyway. He uses the same stuff on the speakers he makes - I have some in my living room. It's beautiful stuff. I'm more an aluminum guy myself, but I definitely like the matte wood finish Infiniti is using more than the laquered stuff other manufacturers use.
That's pretty cool Kevin. I really like the African Rosewood, but I don't think it would suit my Sport model as much as the aluminum does. Btw, I want to see those pictures of your recent trip to Germany.

Old 10-28-2006, 10:40 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Shane, Karen and I liked the look of it, especially with the graphite interior. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I did like it.

Old 10-28-2006, 10:41 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Shane, Karen and I liked the look of it, especially with the graphite interior. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I did like it.
Are you and K going with the aluminum in your new G?

Old 10-28-2006, 10:52 PM
The African Rosewood trim totally ruins the interior. The contrast that the aluminum trim creates is awesome.

Old 10-28-2006, 11:11 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Are you and K going with the aluminum in your new G?
Yes we are sticking with the washi trim. K was really impressed with the look. I think alominum trim goes better with the tech look of the interior and dash.
I know you liked the wood as you had in your current 03 G but I am sure you will be pleased with the aluminum in your sport 07.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: African Rosewood Picture