G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Odd Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 03:06 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Odd Question

I am not sure if this is kind of a dumb question or not......but I'll ask anyways.

I have a number of concerts on DVD that I love playing. Since the new G doesn't have DVD audio, would there be any way to rip the music portion of the DVD to the internal hard drive of the G so you could play it? I don't care about video at all, just the audio content.

The only possibility that I can think of is to have a portable DVD player plugged into the A/V ports in the headrest and play it from there. Any thoughts?

Old 10-13-2006, 03:14 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would say yes, but not directly in the car.

You'll need a ripping software such as DVD Decrypter to rip the DVD onto your computer. The next step is to re-author it using DVD Shrink and extract the Audio portion. The last step would be to somehow transfer the content onto either a CD (via special burning), or onto a CF card that has the capacity - from there just copy it onto the G's hard drive.

I have a Bee Gees (don't laugh ) audio CD that was ripped off of a DVD.

Old 10-13-2006, 03:29 PM
DWP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I tried to answer a question like that, I'd be Jive Talkin', barely Stayin' Alive, as if I Started a Joke. My Words would have no meaning even though I've Gotta Get a Message to You. Having somebody here who Don't Forget to Remember is Too Much Heaven.

Old 10-13-2006, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by canuck
I am not sure if this is kind of a dumb question or not......but I'll ask anyways.

I have a number of concerts on DVD that I love playing. Since the new G doesn't have DVD audio, would there be any way to rip the music portion of the DVD to the internal hard drive of the G so you could play it? I don't care about video at all, just the audio content.

The only possibility that I can think of is to have a portable DVD player plugged into the A/V ports in the headrest and play it from there. Any thoughts?
Dude I listen to video DVDs all the time in my M. Now maybe I'm missing something but play the video DVDs and ignore the video I assume the new G will play movie DVD audio through the sound system for your passengers in the back?

I don't bother to bring the screen down and just listen to them. There aren't allot of DVD-As out there and allot of video DVDs have awesome mixes.

Old 10-13-2006, 03:32 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by DWP
If I tried to answer a question like that, I'd be Jive Talkin', barely Stayin' Alive, as if I Started a Joke. My Words would have no meaning even though I've Gotta Get a Message to You. Having somebody here who Don't Forget to Remember is Too Much Heaven.

LMAO, too funny!!

Old 10-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by Jeff Flowerday
Dude I listen to video DVDs all the time in my M. Now maybe I'm missing something but play the video DVDs and ignore the video I assume the new G will play movie DVD audio through the sound system for your passengers in the back?

I don't bother to bring the screen down and just listen to them. There aren't allot of DVD-As out there and allot of video DVDs have awesome mixes.

I wish it were that simple Jeff.....but you have DVD audio in your M and the new G doesn't have that capability.

Old 10-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by Speedoholic
I would say yes, but not directly in the car.

You'll need a ripping software such as DVD Decrypter to rip the DVD onto your computer. The next step is to re-author it using DVD Shrink and extract the Audio portion. The last step would be to somehow transfer the content onto either a CD (via special burning), or onto a CF card that has the capacity - from there just copy it onto the G's hard drive.

I have a Bee Gees (don't laugh ) audio CD that was ripped off of a DVD.
That makes sense Daniel, thanks.

Old 10-13-2006, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by canuck
I wish it were that simple Jeff.....but you have DVD audio in your M and the new G doesn't have that capability.
Ok, duhhhh, I made the assumption that the new G actually had an optional DVD system for the back. My bad.

I alway thought it wasn't needed in the M45 but it's great for keeping the bros entertained on the way to the golf course. Just pop in a little Pxxn.

Old 10-13-2006, 08:23 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DWP
LMAO!

Good one!