G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

G35S 6MT availability?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 04:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35S 6MT availability?

Does anyone know which dealers in the midwest or southeast are receiving the 6MT's in their initial allotment? I've called around and only Cincy seems to be getting one. Most dealers don't seem to have been asked this and are a little baffled. Thanks for any help.

Old 10-19-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by davidm
Does anyone know which dealers in the midwest or southeast are receiving the 6MT's in their initial allotment? I've called around and only Cincy seems to be getting one. Most dealers don't seem to have been asked this and are a little baffled. Thanks for any help.
I thought most dealers were getting at least one 6MT in their initial allotment ??

In any case, the number of 6MT are quite low (something like 1 in 20 or so) - I think the best way to get a 6MT is to order it.

Old 10-19-2006, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by max2k1
I thought most dealers were getting at least one 6MT in their initial allotment ??

In any case, the number of 6MT are quite low (something like 1 in 20 or so) - I think the best way to get a 6MT is to order it.
That's a shame because all the mags drove a 6MT. 1/20 would indicate a difficult time in getting one imho.

Old 10-19-2006, 07:00 PM
DWP
Originally Posted by max2k1

You nailed the ratio so far as my nearest deаler is concerned - 20 cаrs expected in November, including one Sport MT. A deаler might be able to find a 6MT somewhere if the buyer wants it in black, plаtinum or silver exterior, black leather, with a spoіler, and isn't fussy about whether it has the Navigation and Tech packages or not. Anyone with different preferences in a 6MT, like me, should count on making a factory order.

Old 10-19-2006, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by DWP
You nailed the ratio so far as my nearest deаler is concerned - 20 cаrs expected in November, including one Sport MT. A deаler might be able to find a 6MT somewhere if the buyer wants it in black, plаtinum or silver exterior, black leather, with a spoіler, and isn't fussy about whether it has the Navigation and Tech packages or not. Anyone with different preferences in a 6MT, like me, should count on making a factory order.
Yup - that's the sad state of affairs ....

I was even chatting up a few Infiniti dealers and the best MT:AT ratio (in terms of sales) is about 1 in 10.

I don't know about what kind of negotiating leverage a 6MT buyer would have (esp since it would most likely mean a factory order) .... lets wait and see

Old 10-19-2006, 07:11 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Realistically, that ratio is good for the dealers.
The ATs will fly off the lot faster than the 6mt.

I hope they'll at least have a 6mt to demo... I'd love to see if any improvements have been made.

Old 10-19-2006, 08:22 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The information I read on one of the reviews somewhere said there will about 6-7 6mt's out of every 100 new G's.

Old 10-19-2006, 09:21 PM
DWP
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
Realistically, that ratio is good for the dealers.
The ATs will fly off the lot faster than the 6mt.

I hope they'll at least have a 6mt to demo... I'd love to see if any improvements have been made.
If most deаlers had their druthers, they wouldn't get any 6MTs at all. The know that they can't sell a 6MT to the 85% of American drivers who can't drive one, but they can always try to convince a 6MT customer that what s/he really wants is that nice AT sitting over there.

Old 10-20-2006, 04:30 AM
Originally Posted by DWP
If most deаlers had their druthers, they wouldn't get any 6MTs at all. The know that they can't sell a 6MT to the 85% of American drivers who can't drive one, but they can always try to convince a 6MT customer that what s/he really wants is that nice AT sitting over there.
I have to admit, a few things that I learned about Infiniti, the lack of synthetic motor oil on a motor as advanced as this new VQ, or I guess on any of the Infinitis, the way I was dealt with when expressing interest in a 2k7 (lease a 2k6 for less than 1 yr. for next to nothing since it sells for below invoice until the 2k7 arrived?), and then hearing how rare a clutch is on the new sedan despite every car mag driving one and basing the performance numbers on a stick, really rubs me in a negative way with this mfg.....

Old 10-20-2006, 08:11 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by John105
I have to admit, a few things that I learned about Infiniti, the lack of synthetic motor oil on a motor as advanced as this new VQ, or I guess on any of the Infinitis, the way I was dealt with when expressing interest in a 2k7 (lease a 2k6 for less than 1 yr. for next to nothing since it sells for below invoice until the 2k7 arrived?), and then hearing how rare a clutch is on the new sedan despite every car mag driving one and basing the performance numbers on a stick, really rubs me in a negative way with this mfg.....
RE: synth.... I really prefer dyno for breakin & then switch to synth
RE: 6mt... it's not the mfg, it's what people want to buy.
If you want 6mt just order it.
Also, % of people ordering Step' in a BMW is increasing more & more as well.

Old 10-20-2006, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by John105
An advanced and using synthetic oil have nothing in common.
If you believe that advance engines need synthetic oil, then you've fallen for the marketing line.

If you want to use synthetic go ahead and use it !

Good (hi quality) dyno oil is as good as synthetic if your changes are made religiously - if you don't believe me, send a sample of your dyno for an evaluation the next time you change it.

Synthetics make your life a bit easier (& they are more forgiving about sloppy change schedules - not too sloppy !)

Old 10-20-2006, 02:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i read somewhere that only 8% of all these sedans will be mt. it's just simply the demographics on this car.

Old 10-20-2006, 02:33 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
I am not sure about the US, but Infiniti Canada estimates that only 5% of all 07 Sedans sold will be 6MTs.