G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

07 G at SF car show

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 09:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 G at SF car show

I recently went to the San Francisco car show and saw the new G for the first time in person. IMO it looked great, I didnt even notice the chrome strip as much as I did in pictures. Anyways getting to the point, once inside in the front seat I noticed how soft and smooth the leather was. About 5 seconds after that thought, a couple got in the rear and started commenting on how the leather felt "tacky." I wondered why they thought that because it felt great too me..anyone here think the leather was tacky feeling???

Oh, another thing I noticed, the interior was great and the quality was top notch unlike the previous G, but it felt a little smaller inside, front/back

Old 11-20-2006, 10:18 PM
N50
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ashtangaz2001
I recently went to the San Francisco car show and saw the new G for the first time in person. IMO it looked great, I didnt even notice the chrome strip as much as I did in pictures. Anyways getting to the point, once inside in the front seat I noticed how soft and smooth the leather was. About 5 seconds after that thought, a couple got in the rear and started commenting on how the leather felt "tacky." I wondered why they thought that because it felt great too me..anyone here think the leather was tacky feeling???

Oh, another thing I noticed, the interior was great and the quality was top notch unlike the previous G, but it felt a little smaller inside, front/back
Tacky as in "cheap feeling"? I think that couple was smoking something. To each their own sure, but the new G certainly doesn't have tacky leather. It may not be the greatest leather out there but it is definitely on par with its rivals. Plus the new sport seats are niiiiiice.

Old 11-21-2006, 02:27 AM
Originally Posted by ashtangaz2001
About 5 seconds after that thought, a couple got in the rear and started commenting on how the leather felt "tacky."
Could they have meant physically tacky, like someone spilled soda on it or something?

Old 11-21-2006, 02:37 AM
Maybe the couple likes it rough.

Old 11-21-2006, 11:41 AM
Maybe the couple have come from a Lexus or something

They should understand the purpose of the G - having the best leather possible was never the intention of this car !!

Complain if the drive/handling etc feels "tacky" !!!

Old 11-21-2006, 02:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ashtangaz, was the show worth the money? I'm still deciding if I should go. I already have my sedan, and I don't know what else would interest me there.

Old 11-21-2006, 03:13 PM
I am going to the show on Thursday morning. Never missed a show . I am going to check a couple of models, the new G35 and Acura MDX. If the leather in the new G is like the one in the 06 FX or M then I have to say that couple is on crack.

Old 11-21-2006, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by the_Roadmaster
I am going to the show on Thursday morning. Never missed a show . I am going to check a couple of models, the new G35 and Acura MDX. If the leather in the new G is like the one in the 06 FX or M then I have to say that couple is on crack.
I've probably missed a show or two, but I try to make it every year. I'll probably go after Thanksgiving dinner as usual...actually have some free tickets this year

On a sidenote..where in the bay have you guys been purchasing (or test driving) the 07 sedans? I'm particularly interested in the 6MT, but the dealership near work doesn't have any available. Someone want to point me in the correct direction?

Old 11-21-2006, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by jay spec
I've probably missed a show or two, but I try to make it every year. I'll probably go after Thanksgiving dinner as usual...actually have some free tickets this year

On a sidenote..where in the bay have you guys been purchasing (or test driving) the 07 sedans? I'm particularly interested in the 6MT, but the dealership near work doesn't have any available. Someone want to point me in the correct direction?
Call Infiniti of Oakland, talk to the GM named Pamela Contzen, and tell her Gary sent ya. They have by far the nicest showroom with the best, friendliest service to complement it.

Old 11-21-2006, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by GoofyG28
Call Infiniti of Oakland, talk to the GM named Pamela Contzen, and tell her Gary sent ya. They have by far the nicest showroom with the best, friendliest service to complement it.
Gary, funny you mention them...that was the dealership i was talking about.

definitely a nice showroom and friendly service, but alas..no 6MT's available

Old 11-21-2006, 05:39 PM
Gary, funny you mention them...that was the dealership i was talking about.

definitely a nice showroom and friendly service, but alas..no 6MT's available
A lot of the dealerships are getting a few more 6MTs in mid/late Dec. Also try Infiniti of Serramonte (talk to Claudio or Scott). Very friendly people.

Old 11-21-2006, 05:41 PM
I test drove a 6MT at Peninsula Infiniti (they have two in stock as of last Thursday). Ask for Brian Fortune.

Old 11-21-2006, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by Recluse
I test drove a 6MT at Peninsula Infiniti (they have two in stock as of last Thursday). Ask for Brian Fortune.
Brian is horrible. When I first mentioned I'm interested in a 6MT, and he invited me for a test drive prior to the launch event, I asked how much they'd be willing to discount from MSRP, because there's no way anyone's paying MSRP. I said Fairfield is already doing $750 off for EVERYONE. When I told him about that, he pretty much told me to p!ss off, said I should just test drive the car at that other dealership instead (I didn't mention Fairfield). I forwarded the e-mail to the executive manager, and he wasn't helpful at all. Pretty much blew me off, too.

Then, a few weeks later, what happens? Brian follows up, telling me that he'll match any offers I get.

Old 11-21-2006, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by GoofyG28
Brian is horrible. When I first mentioned I'm interested in a 6MT, and he invited me for a test drive prior to the launch event, I asked how much they'd be willing to discount from MSRP, because there's no way anyone's paying MSRP. I said Fairfield is already doing $750 off for EVERYONE. When I told him about that, he pretty much told me to p!ss off, said I should just test drive the car at that other dealership instead (I didn't mention Fairfield). I forwarded the e-mail to the executive manager, and he wasn't helpful at all. Pretty much blew me off, too.

Then, a few weeks later, what happens? Brian follows up, telling me that he'll match any offers I get.
Wow! Sorry to hear that! He was super-nice to me. Maybe he had a couple of similar experiences to what you described and mellowed out.

Then again, I wasn't looking to buy that day, or to buy a car on their lot (too many options), so maybe my experience would have been different in that case.......

Anyway, elsewhere in the Bay Area, I second Claudio at Serramonte. Really nice guy, but last I checked they had no 6MTs on the lot.

Old 11-21-2006, 06:39 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
The seats felt very nice in the one I drove.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 07 G at SF car show