G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Delivery time

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 03:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just got the news that i'll be getting my car around xmas time...
what an awesome xmas gift! haha

Old 12-01-2006, 03:27 PM
I guess they have to make and ship mine from japan, seeing one on the road in the color i was getting did not make the wait any easier

Old 12-01-2006, 03:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I Ordered October 26th and it's scheduled to arrive Early February. it takes approx 90 days to have a car built and delivered if there are none available. Dealers are only able to order cars once a month. Here's the way it works, there are multiple ways to obtain a car:

1.) On Deal lot, ready to go - Obviously the fastest
2.) Another local/regional dealer willing to part/trade - 1-2 weeks.
3.) Next Months Allotment of Cars to the dealer.- within a month
4.) Pre-build delivered to US Allotment pool - 1-2 Months transit time (Sold cars can always be pulled from this pool even if they are currently assigned to another dealer)
5.) Pre-built or Being built to replenish allotment pool - 1-3 months
6.) Ordering a car to be built - 3 months after order is accepted by Infiniti - Dealers usualy place their monthly order the first week of each month, keep in mind if you order you car on 10th of Nov, your order won't actually be placed until first week of December.

This is the way it was explaned to me by the dealer and from what I've gathered.

Due to my option package selection, apparently I'm the first person to ever order the 4WAS package, so I had to have it built. Ordered on Oct 26th, Made the first week of November order, now waiting Nov, Dec, Jan... and it should be here Early February... if I'm lucky it might come last week in Jan.

I should get my VIN # in December after the car is built, it was explained to me that the car takes approx 4-6 weeks to schedule and build, then approx 2 months to deliver.

Kring

Old 12-01-2006, 04:32 PM
It's platinum graphite with the black interior. I think the wood really makes it feel richer. And incidentally, I already love it. We had a serious winter storm from midnight to noon today. I might not have gotten out of the garage without the AWD.

Lee

Old 12-01-2006, 04:34 PM
It's platinum graphite with the black interior. I think the wood really makes it feel richer. And incidentally, I already love it. We had a serious winter storm from midnight to noon today. I might not have gotten out of the garage without the AWD.

Lee (I hope I'm in the right thread this time.)

Old 12-01-2006, 04:47 PM
I ordered mine Oct 28, and the dealer told me sometime in January.

Old 12-01-2006, 09:18 PM
Hey Sedanman: I made them take the bow off!

Old 12-01-2006, 10:22 PM
Waxer
Originally Posted by chuckg35
Hey Sedanman: I made them take the bow off!
Bow???? You had a bow?

Old 12-03-2006, 05:05 PM
My order might have taken the least time here, perhaps?

October 14 - Made an order for a Premium x in Platinum Ice, after my preferred choice of Blue Onyx was not available. I was told delivery time should be early November.

October 19 - My brilliant sales guy called me at work, saying that there was a snag in getting the car on time, and I was not to see it until December. However, he mentioned that there was actually a Blue Onyx Premium x going to their dealer (destined to be a demo) but if I wanted it instead, I could go sign the papers that night.

October 23 - Picked up the car in perfect condition!!!

November 30 - My first sighting of a new G35 on the road (other than mine).

Old 12-03-2006, 05:36 PM
Waxer
I bought mine Oct 26th but for the US that was the first day of pricing. It wasn't fair Canada got their pricing first.

I actually put a deposit down on Oct 17th.

Old 12-03-2006, 06:53 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by RED_G35S
just got the news that i'll be getting my car around xmas time...
what an awesome xmas gift! haha
Congrats, that will be one heck of a Xmas present. You're going to love the Garnet Ember!!

Old 12-03-2006, 10:01 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My order will be entered into the system tomorrow (December order).

- January build
- February shipment

Car should be on the east coast end of February, beginning of March.

Old 12-05-2006, 07:08 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Well, like I said earlier, we ordered the car Oct 27th. The dealer called me tonight and they have the full frontal clear-bra finished and the car is in the tint shop overnight tonight and the 35% tint has been applied. The leather and carpet protection go on tomorrow and I pick the car up on Dec 7th (in 2 days). Hopefully the snow will subside on our pick-up day.

I can hardly wait, my wife and I get to pick up our car in the morning then we have a Mini-Meet and lunch planned with a few good friends from this site then the 1 1/2 hour drive home. Oh I am sure we will do some Xmas shopping while in the city.

Old 12-05-2006, 07:11 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Well, like I said earlier, we ordered the car Oct 27th. The dealer called me tonight and they have the full frontal clear-bra finished and the car is in the tint shop overnight tonight and the 35% tint has been applied. The leather and carpet protection go on tomorrow and I pick the car up on Dec 7th (in 2 days). Hopefully the snow will subside on our pick-up day.

I can hardly wait, my wife and I get to pick up our car in the morning then we have a Mini-Meet and lunch planned with a few good friends from this site then the 1 1/2 hour drive home. Oh I am sure we will do some Xmas shopping while in the city.
Thursday sure sounds like it is going to be fun Wayne. I really wish that we lived closer so I could join you for the mini-meet. Is it going to be you, Colin, and Ian?

You've only got tomorrow to wait...so not long now.

Old 12-05-2006, 07:24 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Thursday sure sounds like it is going to be fun Wayne. I really wish that we lived closer so I could join you for the mini-meet. Is it going to be you, Colin, and Ian?

You've only got tomorrow to wait...so not long now.
Yes we are looking forward to it for sure.
It would be great if you could join in. Colin, Ian and P, Karen and I , and also Manbir said he might even join us for our little Mini-Meet and lunch.
It's a great family here

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Delivery time