G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Love it but scratching head on these few issues...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 04:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Love it but scratching head on these few issues...

Hi,

Just picked up the car on Sat. and am thrilled so far! Lots of technology in this car and with all that a few items just jumped out a head as potentially quite annoying...

I hope I am missing how to change these things, so if anyone can offer some advice, great.

1. When receiving an incoming call (or for that matter placing a call) via bluetooth and listeing to a CD or CF, it does not stop playing the song, only mutes it. Is there any setting that can be changed to stop whats playing.

2. There seems to be no "play" or "stop" buttons when playing a CD or mp3 via the CF card. When I want to make a call when listeing to a mp3 on CF (I listen to a lot of books that I rip) the only way I have found to stop the currently playing song is to turn off the radio. (hope I am missing something obvious here)

3. When starting the car, when the NAV boots up, you have to hit enter every time. Is there any way to not have to hit enter every time the car is started?

4. When playing an mp3 via the CF card (or CD), there seems to be no way to display how long the file (total length) or see how much time is left in the current tract.

5. No direct channel entry for radio or XM? I know you can do voice command, but that is quite annoying for just trying to tune to XM 202.

I cant believe that for a "studio on wheels" these things seem to be missing. I really hope I am missing some settings somewhere. I cant believe that when taking/making a call, it dosent pause the CD or CF. Thats the most annoying to me.

Any help/suggestions would be great, other than these things, I really love the car.

A side question, how will the gracenote database be updated (and for that matter how does the NAV get updated)

Thanks
R

Last edited by ronbo; 12-03-2006 at 05:44 PM.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:14 PM
I can only speak to number 3, if it's like the previous versions, you will have to hit enter every time.

Old 12-03-2006, 05:42 PM
Waxer
Sorry, I've been though every option and I see nothing that will improve on anything you have problems with today.

For the NAV it's a legal thing to protect the company.

Updates for the NAV I assume is though the CF card and one reason it is there. Otherwise there would have to be some other connection to the drive/computer buried somewhere.

Old 12-03-2006, 07:33 PM
The most annoying thing is when making a call it says hit enter or say dial... when you speak 'dial' it still insists on waiting for the enter to be hit. Anyone know how to fix this?

Old 12-03-2006, 10:26 PM
#1 I know I've placed and taken a call via BT with the SAT, music box, and single slot CD on, and they automatically muted and resumed playing after the call ended. One of the times I took a call was when the CD was recording to the music box, and it muted perfectly. Don't know about the CF. I play it a lot, but haven't taken/placed a call while its playing.

#2 You shouldn't have to "stop" the cd if it mutes properly.

#3 Yes you will always have to hit enter, unless Nissan gets new lawyers.

#4 Just hit the DISC/AUX button. It will send you to the tracks screen with time elaped on the left and track list on the right. I don't think you can see time left though.

#5 Yes you're right. But just preset O&A on 202 if you want. You have 18 presets (6 per A, B. C), and can change A,B,C with your steering wheel source button (along with CD, music box, Aux, 6 CD changer, AM/FM)

I don't know about when gracenote would be updated , but I do know there is a link on www.infiniti.com/music-update/ to download missing song ID's if gracenote misses them.

And be prepared to PAY for any NAV updates. I know for my M35X and QX56, its $190 bucks for an updated version. Those cars are DVD based. Don't know how they'll handle the HD based system in the G.

Old 12-04-2006, 07:20 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Q56_Monster
#1 I know I've placed and taken a call via BT with the SAT, music box, and single slot CD on, and they automatically muted and resumed playing after the call ended. One of the times I took a call was when the CD was recording to the music box, and it muted perfectly. Don't know about the CF. I play it a lot, but haven't taken/placed a call while its playing.
I can confirm this as well. While I haven't had much seat time in my 07 yet, I have received a few calls on my cell while driving. Each time, the music was completely muted while the phone was ring and while I was talking. As soon as I hung up, the music returned to normal.

Old 12-04-2006, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
I can confirm this as well. While I haven't had much seat time in my 07 yet, I have received a few calls on my cell while driving. Each time, the music was completely muted while the phone was ring and while I was talking. As soon as I hung up, the music returned to normal.
Hi,

Muted yes, stopped no. At least that has been my experience. If the CD is playing (in-dash) and I recieve or place a call, the CD is muted, but continues playing. When call is finished, CD is un-muted but has been playing.

Another thing I cant beleive you cant do is scroll through a playlist without actually playing the song. Example there are 6 tracks per screen display, and track one is playing. I want to scroll down the list and play song 15. I cant just scroll (ala iPod) and then select. As soon as I start scrolling, current song stops playing, etc.

Another thing which I was aware of from the manual but still cant beleive they left out, is the ability to RIP from mp3 CD or CF. A huge oversight on Infiniti's part in my opinion.

So after having the car for three days and putting in about 10 hours of drive time so far, I must say the biggest dispointment so far has been in the audio area. They are hyping this car as a studio on wheels, but I think its far from it. It has so many little things wrong, that it adds up to a very weak system. Yes the sound quality is great, but why have a 10gig HD and only one way to get files onto it. It boggles my mind that the CF slot cannot be used to transfer songs to the HD (imagine the speed too, instead of real time 4x RIP, you can just do file transfers in bulk)

Do any of you veterans out there think Infiniti will bring out updates to the firmware that can be uploaded in the future??? I can always hold out hope if I think its possible...

The car is fun to drive though....

Old 12-04-2006, 09:25 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ronbo
2. There seems to be no "play" or "stop" buttons when playing a CD or mp3 via the CF card. When I want to make a call when listeing to a mp3 on CF (I listen to a lot of books that I rip) the only way I have found to stop the currently playing song is to turn off the radio. (hope I am missing something obvious here)
I'm guessing this is your first g35 then... the g's never had the pause, stop, or play button, you gotta use the power button to shut the system down, and to turn it back on.