Heated Seats DO NOT Work Well, Sport Model
16.41%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

2007 G35 Sedan Heated Seats Working Poll

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 12:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool, keep us posted. I have the same condition, and I'll be taking mine in for its first oil change in a few weeks. I plan to have them look at it then. Let me know how your experience goes.

Originally Posted by jwbrewster
Just checking to see if anyone got it resolved. I also have the issue where the driver seat seems to have only the low setting (can barely tell it's even on), and the passenger seat's high works on only the back. Passenger seat low works only on the bottom.

I saw an earlier post that it was a wiring swap problem - but that was one person. I want to make sure I don't waste time at the dealer. :-)

thanks!

Jeff

Old 02-05-2007, 12:32 PM
Dealer response...

I took mine to the dealer last week. They were able to reproduce the passenger side problem since its not as subjective as the weak driver's seat. They tested out a few other in stock cars and they all had the issue.
The dealer put in a call to Infiniti tech and was told that they are aware of the issue. They are working on a fix and are planning on putting out a service bulletin. They told the dealer not to do anything until they put out the bulletin.

Unfortunately - no time estimate on that. The dealer said sometimes it's a couple weeks, other times, it's a couple months. So - on the bright side - maybe our heated seats will be fixed for July. ;-)

BTW - If you're curious, this is from Infiniti of Norwood, in Massachusetts. They were very helpful and will try and keep me posted.

If any of you have different experiences, please post it in this thread. Thanks! Jeff

Old 02-05-2007, 12:35 PM
they seem to work well.. but are slow coming up to temp. will know more this week as its cold out big time

Old 02-05-2007, 01:29 PM
I took mine to the dealer last week. They were able to reproduce the passenger side problem since its not as subjective as the weak driver's seat. They tested out a few other in stock cars and they all had the issue.
The dealer put in a call to Infiniti tech and was told that they are aware of the issue. They are working on a fix and are planning on putting out a service bulletin. They told the dealer not to do anything until they put out the bulletin.

Unfortunately - no time estimate on that. The dealer said sometimes it's a couple weeks, other times, it's a couple months. So - on the bright side - maybe our heated seats will be fixed for July. ;-)

BTW - If you're curious, this is from Infiniti of Norwood, in Massachusetts. They were very helpful and will try and keep me posted.

If any of you have different experiences, please post it in this thread. Thanks! Jeff
Did the dealer pursue the driver's side seat issue, or just the passenger's seat?

Old 02-05-2007, 05:53 PM
Passenger seat great; Driver seat poor

The passeneger seat heats lower lumber area very hot!. The driver seat does not do this at all. I would sat driver seat is half the performance than the passeneger seat.

Old 02-05-2007, 10:19 PM
The heated seats in our G35x turn on quickly, and get really warm (but not burning warm, just right). I really like them, they're great when its below zero Celsius up here in Ontario.

Old 02-06-2007, 01:20 AM
Me 2

I just got my car back from the dealer w/the same issue (peninsula infiniti in the bay area). I got the same story as you. Infiniti is aware of the problem & should have a fix for it soon. The service rep told me that they just had a couple more cars in with the same issue.

I actually also have a more serious issue that I'll post separately having to do with engine hesitation under certain acceleration conditions--also previously posted about elsewhere.

- AKS

Old 02-07-2007, 09:33 AM
Heated seats service bulletin coming soon?

I was also told by service that infiniti is working on a heated seats service bulletin.

Old 02-22-2007, 07:46 AM
any updates on service bulletin?

Has anyone heard anything more about when that service bulletin will be out? Or has anyone actually gotten this fixed by the dealer already? Thanks!

Old 02-22-2007, 08:08 AM
After testing it out in the colder weather these past few weeks, I'll say that my seats warm up to get at least as hot as they did in my Z and in my wifes FX. It *seems* that they take longer to initially warm up however. The final temp on high though is pretty hot, usually even on the coldest mornings by the time it comes up to temp I end up turning it down to low or off completely.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:17 AM
Mine work well in High or Low position

Old 02-26-2007, 01:01 PM
My car is at Infiniti right now doing its first service, and i told the service lady about the problem. I got my car back and she told me in 3-4 weeks the bulletin should be up about this matter.

Last edited by UltimateGee27; 02-27-2007 at 08:01 AM.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by UltimateGee27
Anyways so far Infiniti hasnt posted any bulletin on this matter and it kinda sucks because this is an issue on 95% of the 2007 G.
Actually, based on the scientific G35Driver.com poll, it's 39.77% that don't work well... not 95%.

Old 02-26-2007, 01:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G-Whizzer
Actually, based on the scientific G35Driver.com poll, it's 39.77% that don't work well... not 95%.
Remember that this very scientific G35Driver.com poll was tainted by owners of the first generation G sedan and as such the results are meaningless. Shane pointed out the problem on December 6th.

Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Now I think these polls results are severely skewed. I could be mistaken, but I honestly don't think we have anywhere close to 76 members with 07 Sedans already. People with first gen G's must be participating in the poll as well.

Old 02-26-2007, 02:44 PM
Ahhhhh.

Ok.... rewind.... delete..... <<<<<<