G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

XM Radio Activation-3 mth Trial-Canada

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 09:48 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
XM Radio Activation-3 mth Trial-Canada

Hi Guys I read some of this on here but I thought I would post it in one thread. This is the info that I recieved from my Salesman via e-mail for activating the Satellite Radio for all factory-installed units for 2007 which includes :Altima and G35 - Navi-equiped models. THis was sent to him by Nissan-Canada.

Subject: Satellite Radio for 2007 G35 and Altima factory-installed (NAVI-equipped models)

Hello all,

Here are the instructions on how to set-up Satellite radio for all factory-installed units for 2007 which includes: ALTIMA and G35 – Navi-equipped models

1. Radio ID: Scroll through AM/FM/SAT button when you get to Sat radio mode Channel 1 should come up with a Radio ID, if Channel 1 does not come up, keep changing until you reach Channel 1 to get Radio ID #.
2. Go to: http://www.xmradio.ca and “Activate your satellite radio”
3. Provide your Radio ID, you will then be asked for customer billing information: name, address and credit card number (SEE NOTE BELOW)
4. Once the billing information is collected you will need to enter a Promo ID. The number is: 956852
5. This should complete the set-up process. Once it is done you need to leave your car turned on outside to pick up the signal.

PLEASE NOTE: ONCE CUSTOMER PROVIDES BILLING INFORMATION THEY ARE AGREEING TO 3 MONTHS FREE SERVICE AND ACTIVATION, BUT WILL BE BILLED AFTER THE 90-DAY TRIAL WITHOUT WARNING FROM XM RADIO. THIS WILL HAPPEN AUTOMATICALLY. All customers need to be aware of this prior to entering their credit card information

Last edited by GEE35FX; 12-09-2006 at 10:24 AM.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:54 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Hi Guys I read some of this on here but I thought I would post it in one thread. This is the info that I recieved from my Salesman via e-mail for activating the Satellite Radio for all factory-installed units for 2007 which includes :Altima and G35 - Navi-equiped models. THis was sent to him by Nissan-Canada.

Subject: Satellite Radio for 2007 G35 and Altima factory-installed (NAVI-equipped models)

Hello all,

Here are the instructions on how to set-up Satellite radio .

PLEASE NOTE: ONCE CUSTOMER PROVIDES BILLING INFORMATION THEY ARE AGREEING TO 3 MONTHS FREE SERVICE AND ACTIVATION, BUT WILL BE BILLED AFTER THE 90-DAY TRIAL WITHOUT WARNING FROM XM RADIO. THIS WILL HAPPEN AUTOMATICALLY. All customers need to be aware of this prior to entering their credit card information
Great heads up Wayne...
There'll be a few surprise billings I'm sure.

Old 12-09-2006, 10:03 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Great info Wayne, thanks. I have yet to activate my subscription to XM so this will help.

Old 12-09-2006, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
Great heads up Wayne...
There'll be a few surprise billings I'm sure.
Yes Ian I agree there I also bet a few people will be surprised unless they know they have to notify XM if they do not want it after the trial period.
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Great info Wayne, thanks. I have yet to activate my subscription to XM so this will help.
I'm planning on doing mine later today if you can do it on the weekend.

Old 12-09-2006, 11:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wayne, I don't want to rain on your parade but I posted part of the same email from my dealer on November 27th:

Problems with new XM activation on my new G35x

As it turns out the promo code referenced in that email is no longer valid. I spoke to a manager at XM Canada, I think her name was Angie, and she got me hooked up with the right promotion and I was able to use the Christmas promotion as well for $50 off the 1 year subscription (Promo code HOHOHO6) if I agree before December 31st. I have my 3 month trial running from December 2 - February 2 then I will be billed for one year less $50 on February 2.

I hope this helps.

Old 12-09-2006, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by ChristianN
Wayne, I don't want to rain on your parade but I posted part of the same email from my dealer on November 27th:

As it turns out the promo code referenced in that email is no longer valid. I spoke to a manager at XM Canada, I think her name was Angie, and she got me hooked up with the right promotion and I was able to use the Christmas promotion as well for $50 off the 1 year subscription (Promo code HOHOHO6) if I agree before December 31st. I have my 3 month trial running from December 2 - February 2 then I will be billed for one year less $50 on February 2.

I hope this helps.
Can you tell us how much the annual subscription cost is in Canada?

Old 12-09-2006, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by MY07G35SPN
Can you tell us how much the annual subscription cost is in Canada?
XM Canada Service Plans

1 year is $164.89, with the Christmas promo I'm paying $114.89 so that works out to $9.57 per month. I'm really enjoying it so far. You even get access to listen to XM online (most music content). 15 months for the price of 8 seems pretty decent to me.

Old 12-09-2006, 12:44 PM
Traveling Administrator
XM Canada Service Plans

1 year is $164.89, with the Christmas promo I'm paying $114.89 so that works out to $9.57 per month. I'm really enjoying it so far. You even get access to listen to XM online (most music content). 15 months for the price of 8 seems pretty decent to me.
Christian, how do you find the audio quality is with XM? I am able to tune into two channels on XM without a subscription and I didn't find the audio quality as good as I would of thought.

Old 12-09-2006, 01:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Christian, how do you find the audio quality is with XM? I am able to tune into two channels on XM without a subscription and I didn't find the audio quality as good as I would of thought.
It's not nearly on par with the XM rebroadcast DirecTV does, largely because they do it from the source instead of from the XM sat feed, I believe. I was also a little surprised at the low bandwidth of the material, but *shrug* it's still better than FM, and I prefer their programming. Besides, can't get CNBC and Bloomberg off of FM/AM!

Old 12-09-2006, 01:25 PM
The quality is definitely not on par with CDs, but it is much better than FM and for about the cost of a CD per month I can always find something that I want to listen to. Having CNBC and bloomberg on XM is also a nice bonus.

Old 12-09-2006, 02:26 PM

I hope this helps.
Thanks Christian, that is why I said I had read some of this on an earlier thread. But I figured it was easier reposting so you did not have to search for your info and find it on Page 2 , 24th thread. I also wanted to make note that when you did get the free 3 month trial that they will start charging you unless you call to stop the XM subscription. All I want is the free 3 month trial right now.

Oh, and I did use the Promo ID that I posted today and it worked fine. It is still valid and I recieved my free 3 month trial no problem. I did it on-line. It was actually pretty easy and after I activated it on line I went for a drive and within 20 minutes the XM was loaded from the satellites.
As to the quality, I definitely think it is better than regular radio, as a matter of fact we enjoyed about a 2 hour drive this afternoon and have a few of our XM favs preset already.

I can't get any work done around the house , I keep getting side-tracked and start playing with the car again. I'm just lovin it

On a side note concerning our Bluetooth. I was waiting in the car for my wife and when she got near the car, a notice came across our info screen stating RAZR V3 was paired with the car (since she had our phone in her purse). If you have the phone with you and you start the car it also comes across the screen to tell you it is paired up. Pretty slick .

Last edited by GEE35FX; 12-09-2006 at 02:43 PM.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:37 PM
Traveling Administrator
I can't get any work done around the house , I keep getting side-tracked and start playing with the car again. I'm just lovin it

Old 12-09-2006, 04:43 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

LOL, that's not a bad thing especially for a retired guy.

Old 12-09-2006, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by RBull
LOL, that's not a bad thing especially for a retired guy.
hehe, true that . but I still have to try and earn my "atta-boy" points around the house . The list seems to get longer, not shorter.

Old 12-09-2006, 06:58 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Got to love those 'toys'.......

C.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: XM Radio Activation-3 mth Trial-Canada