G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Potential buyer – got some questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 07:23 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by John105
Again, subjective. Best source of objectivity is someone who either has owned both, or does at this moment. Our marketing VP is in that position, and his comments tend to be quite different.
Well of course the comment is subjective! There is no fact or fiction when someone says that they don't like the ergonomics of a certain car. That is their opinion.

Old 12-28-2006, 07:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate the time you took to reply to my questions. If some of you noticed, I live in Kuwait (Middle East) and not the US and the reason I didn't mention Acura is because we don't have it here and even if we do, I wouldn't consider it since it's been out for a long time. Anyway, here in Kuwait we have got the Lexus IS but with a less powerful engine, we have got the IS300 which has a 3.0L V6 and 228 HP. Although it has about 100hp less than the G35 but the main reason I am thinking about it is the Lexus service department. We have an Armada and Nissan service departments sucks, actually it is the worst I have seen.

The G35 has just debut here in Kuwait about a week or so ago and with one modle only. It has 18" wheels, no sport seats, no nav, no bluetooth, no compact flash card and the price is $40,515 while the price for the IS300 fully loaded including nav is $38,500.

So far, the G35 is my number one choice but I think I will just wait til the price drops a little and as I read in some forums that the nav might be available in the summer.

Old 12-28-2006, 07:54 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
That's interesting that you guys still have the IS300 over there. Anyways, good luck with your decision and let us know how you make out.

Old 12-28-2006, 08:02 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
I'll throw in my .02 cents.

1. No, you do not need to put the intelligent key in the slot to start the car. You only need to put it in the slot when the batteries in your intelligent key are dead. I leave the intelligent in my pocket at all times.

2. I find the cabin in the 07 extremely quiet on the highway. I find it significantly quieter than what my 03 G Sedan was. No complaints regarding wind noise at all, but a few members have had some wind noise regarding a rubber seal that has come loose around the sunroof.

3. After over 1400 KMs, I haven't found anything that I really dislike about the car. It would be nice if the trunk opening had more depth (trunk mounted CD Changer is the cause), but it's certainly nothing serious. The car is JUST SO DAMN FUN DRIVING!!!

4. If the 335i and IS350 were the exact same price, I still would have gotten the G. The G35 just visually appeals to me much more than the other two cars. It's just my personal preference when it comes to styling. Plus the G has more interior room, and that is important to me due to a baby on the way. The G35 being cheaper was just an added bonus.
I feel the same way.

Old 12-28-2006, 09:02 PM

4. If the 335i and IS350 were the exact same price, I still would have gotten the G. The G35 just visually appeals to me much more than the other two cars. It's just my personal preference when it comes to styling. Plus the G has more interior room, and that is important to me due to a baby on the way. The G35 being cheaper was just an added bonus.
If the 335i and IS350 were the same price as the G35, I'd select the cars in that order. But of course, the price is in the reverse order, which makes a compelling argument for the G. I was at the dealer again yesterday since I was there at lunch (located downtown). I would love for the S version to get more supportive seats, and seriously, by '08 they should get rid of that wire running to the rearview mirror. Every single model of G had it, be it S, X, etc. It is clearly seen from the outside of the vehicle and makes it look aftermarket. Maybe it's installed at the port which would explain it.

Old 12-28-2006, 09:36 PM
That's interesting that you guys still have the IS300 over there. Anyways, good luck with your decision and let us know how you make out.
The IS300 in the middle east is the 2nd generation IS.
Instead of either the 2.5L 4GR-FSE or the 3.5L 2GR-FSE it uses the 3.0L 3GR-FE (note the lack of the S, which denotes direct injection, FE's lack this).

The reasoning that someone dug up on the www.my.is forums is that the gas over there isn't as well suited to the FSE engines.

Old 12-28-2006, 09:39 PM
One thing I'm getting used to is the size/shape of the gas pedal? Maybe the Z's pedal was just that much different, but its the only thing right now I think will take getting used to. However since I'm the only one I've read of that thinks this, its possible I'm just retarded.

Old 12-29-2006, 12:16 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dcmidnight
One thing I'm getting used to is the size/shape of the gas pedal? Maybe the Z's pedal was just that much different, but its the only thing right now I think will take getting used to. However since I'm the only one I've read of that thinks this, its possible I'm just retarded.
Speaking of the gas pedal, does the bump on the side of the transmission tunnel feel like it's too close to your right foot/leg? When I was sitting in the car at the autoshow, it felt like the transmission tunnel was brushing up right against the side of my right ankle.