G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Annoynaces/Nags re 2007 G35X Sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 05:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vstrizheus
I don't have any of those problems. Sound system IMO is great, cabin noise is greatly improved over previous generation, paint don't know about, trunk is plenty big, no rattles or weird noises...

I have 950-1k on it already. Great car IMO.
Other than my issues with the CF software I agree 100%. 900 miles on my car and have never been happier with a 1st MY release.

Old 01-15-2007, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by 03FXer
I have had my 07 for 6 weeks now and I have about 920 miles on it.

These are the issues that I see:

cabin noise
mediocre sound system
soft paint
small trunk
seat belt getting stuck and scrathing door
slow seat adjustment
numerous rattles
flapping noise from sunroof
noise from brakes when slowly letting off when car is cold
loud fluttering noise when going over large bumps (may be sunroof)

I also own a '03 FX 35 and I must say that it looks like Infiniti's first year quality has gone down.
Glad to say, I don't have these problems. Trunk is fine given the size of the car... nothing I didn't know prior to purchase.

In response to someone else's question, the side mirrors adjust along with the driver's seat and steering wheel, based on the key fob.

Old 01-15-2007, 07:43 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Maybe it's just me but I find that some of these "issues" that are being pointed out in this thread are just downright petty. No remote lever to pop the gas door? slow seat adjustments?

I have had zero complaints with my 07 so far. The car is simply amazing and so freakin' fun to drive! Losing my voice tags kind of sucked but it is certainly nothing worth getting upset over. It seems like some people try and find things wrong.

Btw, my flame suit is on and ready.

Last edited by Garnet Canuck; 01-15-2007 at 07:55 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by randman
Glad to say, I don't have these problems. Trunk is fine given the size of the car... nothing I didn't know prior to purchase.

In response to someone else's question, the side mirrors adjust along with the driver's seat and steering wheel, based on the key fob.

Sorry for the thread jack, but does the key fob dictate the memory seats, etc, or is there a button on the driver's side door? If it's the fob, does this mean that the prmium package feature of memory seats is controlled solely from the fob?

Thanks

Old 01-15-2007, 08:53 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by shoeless
Sorry for the thread jack, but does the key fob dictate the memory seats, etc, or is there a button on the driver's side door? If it's the fob, does this mean that the prmium package feature of memory seats is controlled solely from the fob?

Thanks
You can have the memory settings synched to your key fob. I have one key fob synched to my settings and the other key fob synched to my wife's settings. There is also two buttons on the side of the drivers door as well, so the memory settings are not controlled solely off the fobs.

Old 01-15-2007, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Maybe it's just me but I find that some of these "issues" that are being pointed out in this thread are just downright petty. No remote lever to pop the gas door? slow seat adjustments?

I have had zero complaints with my 07 so far. The car is simply amazing and so freakin' fun to drive! Losing my voice tags kind of sucked but it is certainly nothing worth getting upset over. It seems like some people try and find things wrong.

Btw, my flame suit is on and ready.
Agreed.

Old 01-15-2007, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
You can have the memory settings synched to your key fob. I have one key fob synched to my settings and the other key fob synched to my wife's settings. There is also two buttons on the side of the drivers door as well, so the memory settings are not controlled solely off the fobs.
Is the key fob controlability a premium package thing or is that on every G?

Old 01-15-2007, 10:36 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by shoeless
Is the key fob controlability a premium package thing or is that on every G?
Two intelligent keys come standard, however the memory system is part of the Premium package. If you have the Premium package, you can use your intelligent key to synch to the memory system.

Old 01-15-2007, 10:51 PM
Has anyone come across door rattles or interior rattles???

Old 01-16-2007, 07:16 AM
Traveling Administrator
^ No rattles here as of yet.

Old 01-16-2007, 10:46 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The soft paint criticism

Originally Posted by JR 001
I pick up my 07G tomorrow. Just wondering how everyone is classifying the paint as being soft, on a vehicle that has only been in existance 3 months?
is related to easy scratching of the surface. Plus, bird poop will etch the clearcoat very rapidly, but judging from other message boards (e.g. BMW, Lexus, etc.) this seems to be a nearly universal problem with late model cars.

I've had many other cars that were not nearly as nice as the G (e.g. Taurus, Camaro, Thunderbird, etc.) All of these previous cars sat outside, sometimes with bird poop on them for weeks...no clearcoat etching or permanent problems after the poop was washed off. OTOH, if bird poop sits on the G35 for an afternoon, it will likely etch the paint. It is very frustrating.

Old 01-16-2007, 05:24 PM
I've got 3,500 miles and the car is ROCK solid. No squeaks or rattles of any kind.

I totally agree with the nav issue. They already have a "splash" screen warning us not to play with the screen while we're driving. That should be enough.

One thing that I had in my '02 GMC Envoy was the drivers side mirror would darken like the rear-view mirror would. That was the only car I've had with this feature and I didn't know how much I'd miss it when I got my G.

Old 01-16-2007, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by Momo
Has anyone come across door rattles or interior rattles???
No rattles on mine.

Old 01-16-2007, 05:44 PM
One thing that I wish I could do is copy MP3 files from a CompactFlash card to the built-in hard drive. That will make things more convenient, and I wouldn't have to worry about losing the cards.

Question - the manual says the following:

========

With navigation system:
Folder levels: 8, Folders: 255 (including root folder), Files:
512 (Max. 255 files for one folder)
Without navigation system:
Folder levels: 8, Folders and files: 999 (Max. 255 files for
one folder)

==========

Does this mean that with Nav, the maximum number of MP3 songs that can be used in a CompactFlash card is 512? At an average of 3MB per song, that would only be 1.5GB worth of songs. Just wondering if it's worth getting large CompactFlash cards or not.

Old 01-16-2007, 06:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The most annoying rattle that I can pinpoint: The right side of the dashboard -- where the plastic meets the passenger A pillar -- vibrates when cold, and it "bangs" on the surface underneath it. If I push it downwards manually, there's a bit of free space. I wish I could just stuff some tissue under the plastic trim or something. I plan to video tape it in case the service guys don't believe me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Annoynaces/Nags re 2007 G35X Sedan