G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Making a visit to the dealer...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 03:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Making a visit to the dealer...

Well, looks like I will have to get some warranty issues taken care of. I have developed a bad buzz/rattle when any low or mid bass hits on my driverside door. Its right where my left elbow/arm sit at. Very annoying when trying to listen to some tunes.

Also, my paddle shifter for my right hand is alil loose and wobbles a little when i mess with it. Other than that, still great. I am 100% confident in the rest of the car's build/engineering.

also, springs should be here next week....WoOt!

Old 01-19-2007, 03:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IvoryPearl07G
Well, looks like I will have to get some warranty issues taken care of. I have developed a bad buzz/rattle when any low or mid bass hits on my driverside door. Its right where my left elbow/arm sit at. Very annoying when trying to listen to some tunes.

Also, my paddle shifter for my right hand is alil loose and wobbles a little when i mess with it. Other than that, still great. I am 100% confident in the rest of the car's build/engineering.

also, springs should be here next week....WoOt!
Wow, little creak/rattle/buzz gremlins starting to appear already, huh? The buzz/rattle you describe sounds really irritating. Hope its a quick fix and please keep us posted on what it was/how it was fixed.

What kind of springs did you decide to go with? Eibachs or H&R's? Looking forward to the pics!

Old 01-20-2007, 12:37 AM
Originally Posted by IvoryPearl07G
I am going for my first 3-month service tomorrow (in 7 hours or so). I have the same issue, plus the broken tether for the gas tank. Let's hope they can fix these small issues.

By the way, I finally saw my first S tonight. Spoiler looked good.

Old 01-20-2007, 06:28 PM
There is nothing they can do YET about the speaker. It is really too new, they said. Perhaps a few months down the road they would be a fix.

Broken tether is still on order...

So, perhaps my next service I'll fix them both.

The service was only 45 minutes.

Old 01-20-2007, 07:11 PM
I have been in twice for the rattle in the driver’s door when listening to the stereo. The first time they put some RTV on something inside the door. The buzz went away for a bit, but just came back. The second time they added some sort of foam strip, we’ll see how long that holds up.

I too have a gas cap on order. The tether broke by week 3.

The front left rotor was replaced because I noticed stress cracks on the surface. I gave it a couple of days, thinking they were surface imperfections, but the cracks remained.

The adaptive cruse control (and normal for that matter) stopped working. I had none of the warning lights or messages mentioned in the manual—the cruse would just not set. I have been told that I need a new brake switch (whatever that is), which is now on order.

Additionally, I have two very noticeable rattles, one from the front right pillar and one from the rear left pillar. I have not requested that they be addressed yet for fear the problems get worse, not better.

Finally, has anyone experienced a rattle (metal on metal sounding) coming from under the front passenger side when accelerating hard? It sounds as though the exhaust pipes are making contact with something. It sounds like a bad aftermarket exhaust on a civic…not good.

Thanks.