G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Buying 07' G Getting the runaround! *PISSED*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 11:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, the 335i is a great car, no question about that. And a little faster than the G35. However it's over $10,000 more than the G35.

I'm looking at both right now for upcoming purchase to replace my 2000 3-series, and $10,000 is a HUGE price difference for two very comparable cars. For that reason I'm definitely leaning heavily towards the G35.

Wish you hadn't posed those M35 photos, that is a beautiful car, now I think I want one of those...

Old 02-01-2007, 11:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on the M35! Love those wheels! Beautiful ride. I like your plate too- it looks like it says "SEX" (5EX).

Old 02-01-2007, 11:08 AM
did the 2007 m35 come with the 35hr motor ?

ppp

Old 02-01-2007, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by Potty_Pants
did the 2007 m35 come with the 35hr motor ?

ppp
Unfortunately not, its still the same 275hp 35 motor from previous if my memory serves me correctly. It would be nice to see it upgraded to the HR specs, but that may be too close to the M45 V8 motor....they may need to bump the performance up on that one as well a bit. Not that any of that would be a problem!

Old 02-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by speedfreak81
'04 Infiniti FX35/ '03 Vette Z06 12.@116 stock
Speedfreak... I recently sold my 04 Z06.. I miss it already!
Car was awesome. I just wasn't using it enough and it became a garage queen.. So I let it go.. I had to have two cars with the Z06, so I sold them both and got the 07 G35S

I will forever miss the LS6.. but I'm old and the G has got my attention with a fine balance of comfort and performance.

Old 02-01-2007, 12:28 PM
Unfortunately not, its still the same 275hp 35 motor from previous if my memory serves me correctly. It would be nice to see it upgraded to the HR specs, but that may be too close to the M45 V8 motor....they may need to bump the performance up on that one as well a bit. Not that any of that would be a problem!
Yes it is. The car is a bit on the heavy side (of course) but thats what I wanted a new car for...to cruise and chill, with a V8 it would be much peppier but dont get me wrong, its not sluggish at all. I have my NX2000 to mod.

Old 02-01-2007, 12:34 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Congrats on the car. BUT did you get a good deal?? I'm sorta dissapointed you didn't stick to your guns and hold out for the new G. In the back of my mind, I'm thinking the dealer was looking for ways to get out of that deal and into something else w/ a better profit margin.

Old 02-01-2007, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Congrats on the car. BUT did you get a good deal?? I'm sorta dissapointed you didn't stick to your guns and hold out for the new G. In the back of my mind, I'm thinking the dealer was looking for ways to get out of that deal and into something else w/ a better profit margin.
Yeah, what was the deal? I'm hoping that they cut you a significant discount (greater than you had originally negotiated on the G35). Otherwise, they would have just kept your trade in, wasted your time (and your girlfriend's), aggravated the hell out of you, and then upsold you to a more expensive model.

Old 02-01-2007, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
It was solely my choice, I could have picked the G, but I went for the M.

Ive always like the M, but the payment were off the all. It was purely my decision.

Originally Posted by avitt
Yeah, what was the deal? I'm hoping that they cut you a significant discount (greater than you had originally negotiated on the G35). Otherwise, they would have just kept your trade in, wasted your time (and your girlfriend's), aggravated the hell out of you, and then upsold you to a more expensive model.
I cant disclose the actual deal guys.

Old 02-01-2007, 01:31 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
the M had a $1000 factory incentive on it for January while the '07 G doesn't. it's a great car the M35 sport... i'im waiting for the end of this year for the M45x

Old 02-01-2007, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by CarNutz
Speedfreak... I recently sold my 04 Z06.. I miss it already!
Car was awesome. I just wasn't using it enough and it became a garage queen.. So I let it go.. I had to have two cars with the Z06, so I sold them both and got the 07 G35S

I will forever miss the LS6.. but I'm old and the G has got my attention with a fine balance of comfort and performance.
The car is AMAZING isn't it? Unfortunately I am in the process of looking to sell mine as well for the very same reason as you. It really doesn't work that well for a daily driver because it's so impractical. Like you, I'm having to have 2 cars with it also. My other car is an old '97 GMC Jimmy that is just well....OLD, and I don't feel like driving it every day just to keep miles off the vette. Soooo, I'm going the EXACT same route as you, selling it off and buying an 07 G35S.

The LS6 is an AMAZING motor. I ran that time last August in 104* heat, and it was only my 8th pass with the car so I was still getting used to it. There is no doubt in my mind that I could break into the 11's bone stock. Unfortunately I don't think that's going to happen because it will be gone before the track opens up again.

Old 02-01-2007, 03:01 PM
Bad Toro
WOW! Congrats on the new purchase! That is quite a jump from a G20....

Glad everything worked out well for you!

Old 02-01-2007, 03:11 PM
The car is AMAZING isn't it? Unfortunately I am in the process of looking to sell mine as well for the very same reason as you. It really doesn't work that well for a daily driver because it's so impractical. Like you, I'm having to have 2 cars with it also. My other car is an old '97 GMC Jimmy that is just well....OLD, and I don't feel like driving it every day just to keep miles off the vette. Soooo, I'm going the EXACT same route as you, selling it off and buying an 07 G35S.

The LS6 is an AMAZING motor. I ran that time last August in 104* heat, and it was only my 8th pass with the car so I was still getting used to it. There is no doubt in my mind that I could break into the 11's bone stock. Unfortunately I don't think that's going to happen because it will be gone before the track opens up again.
Good luck on your G35 purchase. I think the combination of comfort, looks and performance should satisfy you. I loved my Z and almost went with a C6 thinking it would be more comfortable and practical. After driving the G and then the C6, the vette was just lacking in comfort and felt crude in comparison. The vette is just too impractical and its a cop magnet. I had the pleasure of owning the Z06 for a couple of years and its time to move on. So far the G is pretty amazing.. Good luck to you on your purchase!

Old 02-01-2007, 03:45 PM
I'm glad you're happy with your new M, but I really hope you don't regret not getting the G like you originally wanted.

Old 02-01-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by DirtySouth
I'm glad you're happy with your new M, but I really hope you don't regret not getting the G like you originally wanted.
I have no regrets, I thought about it long and hard. Im also looking forward to the coupe in 2008, my father's wanted an M for a while now, so if anything im sure he wouldnt mind picking it up at a discount from me...if I change my mind anyway.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Buying 07' G Getting the runaround! *PISSED*