G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Tint effects on electronics in 2007 Sedan?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 01:29 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
I don't know if the tint is affecting those systems. The heat in the car, however, may also be affecting the electronics. I've had no problems parking in the sun and I live in the so cal as you do. I also just noticed our cars are also different model years so that may also be a factor.

Originally Posted by Hitman_
Just to update, when it get's really hot, say 92+, my current metallic ting has been causing problems on my G. The listed problems go away once it cools down a bit or at night.

1. Keyless entry malfunctioning and won't respond.
2. Tire pressure monitor acting up, blinking while on the road. Manual says TPS malfunction error but actual signal being lost.
3. Navigation malfunction, "Out of Area" quite frequently.

I have Llumar metallic film 35 front windows, 20 rear. And now considering getting my tint redone to a ceramic brand instead.

Old 08-03-2007, 01:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i don't think the engineers at nissan would've allowed such a thing as window tint to interfere with any electronics...these guys are professionals and don't overlook such things

Old 08-03-2007, 10:36 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would have to agree with ugaexploder Im running Lumar metallic 5% in back and 10% in front and I have no issues with wireless reception. Nav,Cell, wifi to pda on a campus network.

Old 08-03-2007, 02:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i got huper optik ceramic...no ill effects on the nav, xm, or standard radio.

Old 08-03-2007, 04:51 PM
i have metallic tint as well.. no problems

Old 08-03-2007, 09:38 PM
I have the Huper Optik ceramic tint on all my windows including the front windshield and I have 0 issues with any of my electronics/music/gps...

Old 08-08-2007, 01:08 AM
Could be terrycs . but I've tested some things on my end to rule out the tint possibilities, and even took the car to the dealer thinking it was the keyless entry receiver/electronics. Tint is indeed affecting the car's reception in many fronts from navigation to keyless entry. All 5 windows have a tint, reason for signal interference.

Again, to reiterate, when the car is on the road on super hot days 91º+ (We are talking San Fernando Valley summer digits here) and I drive for a good 30 minutes in extreme heat with LA traffic, the navigation information is affected and errors out. Keyless entry acts up once I park.

I highly doubt its the BCM causing this or other electronic malfunction, since it only started AFTER the tint.

Will repost in a few weeks once I change my tint to Formula One Classic Series or Pinnacle Series.

Last edited by Hitman_; 08-08-2007 at 01:18 AM.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:29 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Hitman,

Wow, there haven't been any reported problem with metallic tint on an 07 sedan. Not sure about 2006 though.

I think it maybe a good idea to let the dealer check it out first if this is reproduce-able. It should be free of charge. I'm just suggesting this because I'd hate for you to pay for tint install/removal/re-install to find it didn't make a difference. (EDIT: sorry, just noticed you already took it to the dealer).

Let us know how it goes.

Could be terrycs . but I've tested some things on my end to rule out the tint possibilities, and even took the car to the dealer thinking it was the keyless entry receiver/electronics. Tint is indeed affecting the car's reception in many fronts from navigation to keyless entry. All 5 windows have a tint, reason for signal interference.

Again, to reiterate, when the car is on the road on super hot days 91º+ (We are talking San Fernando Valley summer digits here) and I drive for a good 30 minutes in extreme heat with LA traffic, the navigation information is affected and errors out. Keyless entry acts up once I park.

I highly doubt its the BCM causing this or other electronic malfunction, since it only started AFTER the tint.

Will repost in a few weeks once I change my tint to Formula One Classic Series or Pinnacle Series.

Last edited by terrycs; 08-08-2007 at 01:35 AM.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by brian928
i got huper optik ceramic...no ill effects on the nav, xm, or standard radio.
how much did the tint cost you?

Old 03-20-2008, 10:43 AM
Just following up to see which tint you went with, and whether or not your electronics situation seems to have improved....

Old 03-20-2008, 12:05 PM
Just to update, when it get's really hot, say 92+, my current metallic tint has been causing problems on my G. The listed problems go away once it cools down a bit or at night.

1. Keyless entry malfunctioning and won't respond.
2. Tire pressure monitor acting up, blinking while on the road. Manual says TPS malfunction error but actual signal being lost.
3. Navigation malfunction, "Out of Area" quite frequently.

I have Llumar metallic film 35 front windows, 20 rear. And now considering getting my tint redone to a ceramic brand instead.
maybe something else? coz the sensor for the keyless if from the outside is on the handles...and unless u tint your windshield.. which u may or may not have didnt look at your sig, you shouldnt have issues. the antenna if in instrument panel area can only possibly get signal from the windshield n not elsewhere.