G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Ipod charger making audible noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2007 | 06:01 PM
|
Ipod charger making audible noise

I read that some of you are having a noise problem when the ipod charger is plugged into the DC slot.
When unplugged the ipod sounds great. However, when charging I hear a high pitched whining sound that varies with acceleration. Is there some kind of filter I can put in the line? Is it a G35 grounding issue? I'm using a fairly good Belkin ipod charger.

Thanks,
Bruce in LA

Old 02-14-2007 | 06:06 PM
Moderation-free
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by bruuster
I read that some of you are having a noise problem when the ipod charger is plugged into the DC slot.
When unplugged the ipod sounds great. However, when charging I hear a high pitched whining sound that varies with acceleration. Is there some kind of filter I can put in the line? Is it a G35 grounding issue? I'm using a fairly good Belkin ipod charger.

Thanks,
Bruce in LA
+1 Exactly the same problem, and I've tried multiple chargers. Sometimes it goes away, but is mostly there...

Old 02-14-2007 | 07:18 PM
Might be a ground loop issue? I haven't tried a ground loop isolator yet, but the following article might be of use:

http://www.ipoding.com/modules.php?o...rticle&sid=810

Or, just make sure that your iPod is fully charged before using it so you don't need to plug it into the charger while using it. The newer iPods, such as my video Ipod is good for so many hours, that I generally don't plug it into my car when I use it.

Old 02-14-2007 | 08:37 PM
I also have the issue, but I like using the charger for more reasons then just charing the iPod. I like having the volume at 1 consistent out setting from the iPod. That way I adjust volume on the car stereo.

I still have been satisfied with the MP3 CDs, but I want to solve why the iPod hums/hisses.

Old 02-14-2007 | 09:29 PM
randman is right- it is a ground loop issue

Old 02-14-2007 | 10:25 PM
I guess I'll pick up that part at RadioShack and try it out this weekend.

Old 02-15-2007 | 05:32 PM
I have a belkin charger that does the same thing. Picked up the RadioShack ground loop isolator and it works great. Between a y-splitter, belkin ipod charger, motorola phone charger and ground loop isolator, my center console is pretty packed .

Old 02-15-2007 | 05:46 PM
Mine does the same thing, I just don't charge it while using it... kind of a pain but better then the noise.

Old 02-15-2007 | 10:15 PM
I have a Zune player...

I have a Zune player and have the same issue while charging from my Microsoft Brand Zune cable when my player volume is at 10 (out of 20). What I have found is turning the volume on the play to max (20 on my device) and adjust the volume on the car to adjust the total volume and it seems to sound much cleaner. I read to play the MP3 player and a medium level and adjust the cars volume to the desired level but it sounds horrible that way. Try it on max and see if it helps. I did for me.

Old 02-15-2007 | 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by EWG35
I have a Zune player and have the same issue while charging from my Microsoft Brand Zune cable when my player volume is at 10 (out of 20). What I have found is turning the volume on the play to max (20 on my device) and adjust the volume on the car to adjust the total volume and it seems to sound much cleaner. I read to play the MP3 player and a medium level and adjust the cars volume to the desired level but it sounds horrible that way. Try it on max and see if it helps. I did for me.
hey! a zune owner! must have been a lonely valentines, huh?

how's the squirting going?

Old 02-15-2007 | 11:07 PM
I don't follow beotch..

What does Zune have to do with your response bitch. I'm married.

Cruise for a date elsewhere miss.

Last edited by EWG35; 02-15-2007 at 11:12 PM.
Old 02-15-2007 | 11:13 PM
What does Zune have to do with your response bitch. I'm married.
explanation: the zune has very low sales. not many people have them. the irony is the slogan "welcome to the social". hard to be social when you are alone (with headphones!)

the squirting is what microsoft calls sharing songs with the built in wifi. since no one else has a zune, you can't squirt anyone...

so, it was my attempt at making fun of microsoft.

anyways, don't call me beotch. my nickname is T Bone. or Twinkles. either will do.

Old 02-15-2007 | 11:22 PM
zune

you seems to know a lot about the zune. I have one and don't care about any of those things, I'm not in highschool any longer.

I bought the zune after buying my G and learning about the AV in's. It think it's funny how people are all haters. I'm an Ipod guy, I'm a Microsoft guy - Who cares? They all do the same things. The Zune just appears to do it better than the rest. Big monitors and it sounds A1. If you like somethign else buy it. I don't care what you have, I'm just here to find a few answers myself and help a few others out along the way.

Old 02-16-2007 | 12:31 AM
oneformula was just making a joke, no need to battle it out.

Everyone knows the Zune is not selling well. The best thing they did was make a good free Windows XP desktop theme

Old 02-16-2007 | 08:32 AM
you seems to know a lot about the zune. I have one and don't care about any of those things, I'm not in highschool any longer.

I bought the zune after buying my G and learning about the AV in's. It think it's funny how people are all haters. I'm an Ipod guy, I'm a Microsoft guy - Who cares? They all do the same things. The Zune just appears to do it better than the rest. Big monitors and it sounds A1. If you like somethign else buy it. I don't care what you have, I'm just here to find a few answers myself and help a few others out along the way.
i'm making fun of a multi-billion dollar company... not you. (but you should stop caring so much about not caring, but thanks for sharing!)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ipod charger making audible noise