G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Anyone having bluetooth conecting problems?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 06:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a samsung slider phone (forget what the model number is but it definitely is not one of the ones listed on infiniti's bluetooth phone compatibility list) and I USED to have problems connecting. i.e. I would pair the phone and it would work fine, but then the next day the car would not recognize my already-paired phone. So, I would have to delete the phone from the system and re-pair it in order for it to work.

After a week of trying to figure out what was wrong, one day I simply messed with some of the settings (i.e. security, visibility, etc.) UNDER the bluetooth option on my phone, and the phone/bluetooth has worked PERFECTLY ever since. The phone will now auto connect EVERY single time I start the the car. =)

I don't remember which bluetooth settings I specifically changed; I just changed a couple here and there, and voila, the phone worked fine ever since.

Old 02-15-2007, 06:49 PM
i havent had a problem yet.. i have atreo... works very good

Old 02-15-2007, 07:11 PM
intermittent no sound with my treo 700p restarting the phone fixes it a friend suggested that it could be the battery (had it a year or so)

Old 02-15-2007, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by westsideg35
Which LG phone do you have. I am getting my G today (hopefully) and I have a VX8600. It is not on the list but I am hoping that it will work properly.

Thanks,
Neil
The Fusic lx-550

Old 02-16-2007, 01:40 AM
Originally Posted by CalsonicVQ
I don't remember which bluetooth settings I specifically changed; I just changed a couple here and there, and voila, the phone worked fine ever since.
Once you pair the phone make sure you put it back into "ON" and not leave it in "DISCOVERABLE"...

Old 02-17-2007, 10:38 AM
I've got a Motorola I870 (Nextel service), which is on the Infiniti 'approved' list, but I have a consistent problem with my Bluetooth that the dealer has been unable to resolve. Every incoming call that I answer is dropped at about the 20 second mark. I have no problems with outgoing calls, whether they're made with the phone, the car's phonebook, or the voice controls. However, no matter how I answer the call, it disconnects every single time.

Frustrating, but not the end of the world.

Old 02-17-2007, 03:38 PM
Sounds like it's a combo of phone and service provider...
Maybe go to NEXTEL and see if they can keep it connected? It's a GREAT feature worth spending some time to get it working right.

Old 02-17-2007, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by G-Whizzer
Sounds like it's a combo of phone and service provider...
Maybe go to NEXTEL and see if they can keep it connected? It's a GREAT feature worth spending some time to get it working right.
It wouldn't have anything to do with the service provider - Bluetooth isn't related to the cell-phone service in any way. I'm guessing it's just my specific phone, although it works just fine with the 3 other Bluetooth devices I've connected it to. The car worked fine with 3 or 4 other phones at the dealership, too.

The service manager couldn't understand it, because it happens at precisely 20 seconds every time. He did say he was able to make it work by answering the call on the touch-screen instead of the steering wheel, but that hasn't worked for me. I suppose I'll just have to live with calling anyone back that I need to talk to for more than a few seconds.

Old 02-17-2007, 04:26 PM
I was thinking the provider only because there may be a minimum signal strength to maintain the connection... which the bluetooth strength might not be providing.

Old 02-17-2007, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by G-Whizzer
I was thinking the provider only because there may be a minimum signal strength to maintain the connection... which the bluetooth strength might not be providing.
Interesting possibility, and one I hadn't considered. I would think the Bluetooth signal would be the same strength regardless of whether the call was coming in or going out. Then again, who knows. Bluetooth connections can be fickle.

Old 02-23-2007, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by chuckg35
intermittent no sound with my treo 700p restarting the phone fixes it a friend suggested that it could be the battery (had it a year or so)

I have the same problem with my 700P. The first time I pair it, it works flawlessly. Then when I come back the next day, it shows as connected and when I try to dial it appears to be working on the display but sound only comes out on the phone not the speakers. When I try to hang up on the display it won't hang up on the phone. I have to reset the phone in order for it to start working correctly.

Old 02-23-2007, 09:54 PM
Exactly the symptoms gymcshoe! I replaced the battery and it persists. It did not have this problem for the first couple of months and now has it randomly persistently.

Old 02-23-2007, 11:23 PM
I have a Motorola Q and it works flawlessly. I first paired the phone with the BT at the dealership and haven't had any problems. Also, I recently discovered that you can skip a step when making an outgoing call. After pressing the "dial" on the steering wheel, instead of giving the command "call", "phonebook", or dialing a number, you can simply say the name of the person you wish to call. You'll still have to complete the following steps, but I thought it was a nice little feature that isn't mentioned in the manual.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:08 AM
Originally Posted by asuh
You'll still have to complete the following steps...
What are the steps?

Thanks!

JZ

Old 02-24-2007, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by chuckg35
intermittent no sound with my Treo 700p restarting the phone fixes it a friend suggested that it could be the battery (had it a year or so)
I have a Treo 700w. I have tried turning the bluetooth on and off on the phone, sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. Recently it has been working flawlessly . The Treo 700p is on the approved list, while the Treo 700w is not. I don't know if the Treo 700p and Treo 700w use the same bluetooth.

Last edited by g35 guy; 02-24-2007 at 01:30 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone having bluetooth conecting problems?